IGNORED

Lek Hotel review added

crile

I will be making my first trip to Patts in February and have a room booked at the Lek hotel. Anyone ever stayed there? is it worth 1200 baht? The pool looks nice, is it? There are some hotels nearby that I can book for 600-700 without a pool (or a small one) is it worth the extra for the Lek? Everything I have read says that the Lek is guest friendly, this is correct?

Crile

Lowest Rates at Sawasdee.com or

Agoda.com

I haven't stayed there, but a few boardies have & I'm sure they'll give you some advice when they see this topic.

There are a few reviews here:

Lowest Rates at Sawasdee.com or

Agoda.com

I used to stay there all the time in the late 1990s.

It used to be OK and very reasonable. Was 600 -650bht may be more now. a night Air con mini bar etc all you need. Guests friendly too, not sure about that now.

Each room had a safety box and its not far from the action. They do a great Buffet Breakfast As much as you can eat for about 120bht (now).

Swimming pool is small but used to be fine. Now the have more than doubled the size of the hotel by extending it into the next soi I am not so sure. But the new building look Ok.

Good Luck

i stayed at the lek on my maiden trip & it was a pleasant stay. they had in-room safe, decent size room & good location. guest friendly & no problems with taking back more than 1 guests. the security do take IDs which i thought was bonus as some hotels do & some don't! 1200bht is a bit steep compared to other hotels though!! if you don't mind a short walk or no swimming pool, then you might like to consider (if you haven't confirmed it already) a hotel in soi lk/buakow area which have similar rooms but can be had for almost half the price :D

Edited by deadman

Ary ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba

"I kikiyat everything, I never kikiyat boom boom!"

lbfucker.gif

I would day the sandy spring at 1200B per night is comparable.

The best thing about SS for me is the availability of in room wireless broadband.

also the pool is more private and you dont have these lunch people right next door to you.

cheers

aussie

I would stay at the sandy spring at 1200B per night is comparable.

The best thing about SS for me is the availability of FREE in room wireless broadband.

also the pool is more private and you dont have these lunch people right next door to you.

cheers

aussie

I think everywhere in Pattaya is guest friendly except some charge extra for a guest, this is always worth finding out about.

Bryan

• 1 month later...

hi mate i stayed there at christmas.the place is superb staff are friendly and good security.Room cleaned everyday and unlike some hotels they even tidy your clothes up not just clean round them.have a good trip

I had a friend who was staying there until yesterday, his reason for checking out was really not the Lek's fault. It seemed his lady had lost her ID, a trip to the police station here said she had to return to her home (BKK) to get one. Lek refused to let her in at night, so he moved to San Miguel bar on Soi LK Metro. The room he had was decent, it was in the old section and priced at 750 I believe he said, had a balcony overlooking the pool. The newer rooms were 1200.

The breakfast buffet is 110, enjoyed it twice myself. IMHO it is a very good value, all you can eat, and a wide selection of choices, eggs, bacon, sausage, ham, various pastries, toast, pancakes, french toast, fruit and even some thai food added to the mix. The breakfast buffet does run till 1300 each day, later than most I have seen.

They also have a dinner buffet beginning at 1800, not sure how late it runs. The price is 180, and again, IMHO, is a good value, good food, wide variety of both falang and thai food to choose from.

One thing he did not like, is that he was asked to pay 1000 baht to get the key to the in room safe, and no, that was not key deposit, it was his understand it was a charge for the use of the safe.

Rick

Edited by rixkix

14269-12659.jpg

14269-12660.jpg

14269-12661.jpg

Entrance from soi 12

14269-12662.jpg

The reception as you walk in from 2nd road, very clean

14269-12663.jpg

14269-12664.jpg

14269-12665.jpg

14269-12666.jpg

14269-12667.jpg

14269-12668.jpg

I was quoted 1200 baht per night

14269-12669.jpg

Well stocked mini bar

14269-12670.jpg

The room looked a bit tatty

14269-12671.jpg

The Lek hotel doesn't have a website but can email direct to [email protected]

Tel:(6638) 425550-2 , 423853

Fax: (6638) 426629 , 421953

I have stayed there many times. You should be able to book a room for 850 THB in the old section. It does not have an electronic safe but rather a locked box that requires depositing 1000 THB for the key deposit. One of the previous posters posted some excellent photos of the Lek. The location is very good. The rooms are fine and the buffet is not a bad deal either.

Stayed Lek Oct 06,liked it ,it had a good feel.Top location,make sure you get in the new wing.I would return here no problem

October_095.jpg

October_085.jpg

October_095.jpg

Edited by nariad

There are some good things about the LEK which are mentioned in the other posts like it is guest friendly and there are some rooms cheaper rooms available for under 1000baht however there are significant drawbacks which means that I will try other hotels rather than go back.

1) The air conditioning was very noisy even on the lowest setting. Given the heat and humidity in Pattaya the only choice was to be kept awake at night rather than suffocate. I have stayed in other hotels in Pattaya which did not have the same problem

2) When I was there in November there were large scale building works happening on a building on one side of the pool which was in its early stages - I don't know if it is still going on. My room looked out on to the building works.

3) It is still a 25 minute walk to Walking Street from the hotel so if you pick up a girl in Walking Street you would need to find a taxi truck to take you back. It would be nice to find somewhere nearer Walking Street where most of the late night discos/go gos are so that you could walk back with a girl to the room - most girls would not want to walk very far especially wearing high heels.

4) There is no safe in the cheaper rooms and many girls do not like to go downstairs with you to the safes behind reception for you to hand money to them in front of the staff.

5) They do not provide food outside of the times that they provide the buffet meals which is twice a day. I sometimes found insects in the food which is left unattended whilst people help themselves to the food - buffets are a very good way to get food poisoning. They don't do room service.

• 3 weeks later...
21940-11390.jpg

21940-11391.jpg

21940-11392.jpg

Entrance from soi 12

21940-11393.jpg

The reception as you walk in from 2nd road, very clean

21940-11394.jpg

21940-11395.jpg

21940-11396.jpg

21940-11397.jpg

21940-11398.jpg

21940-11399.jpg

I was quoted 1200 baht per night

21940-11400.jpg

Well stocked mini bar

21940-11401.jpg

The room looked a bit tatty

21940-11402.jpg

The Lek hotel doesn't have a website but can email direct to [email protected]

Tel:(6638) 425550-2 , 423853

Fax: (6638) 426629 , 421953

Great photos but do you recommend it,I am deciding if I will book soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Guys,

The Lek hotel has two price bands. Old wing and new wing. New wing goes for 1200 baht a night. Old wing can be had for 750 baht.

However, I stayed in the new wing in 2004 for 1000 baht a night for 2 weeks. I loved it there. It is right in the middle of everything using the baht bus. I stepped out front on 2nd road and jumpled on a bus north. If I wanted to go to Walking Street, I just walked down the road to beach road and got on the bus there. There is a 7/11 attached to the hotel.

The last two trips, they have wanted 1200 baht for the new wing. I passed on that price.

Submarineman

• 1 year later...
Stayed at Sandy Springs once, but usually stayed at Lek and ate at SS.

Soi 12 always seemed like good location....right between (but not far from) both areas of action, but not as hectic as walking street or soi 6 areas

THere are statements that the Wless internet is free,at the same time there are pics of posters stating internet charges. What is practice really?

THere are statements that the Wless internet is free,at the same time there are pics of posters stating internet charges. What is practice really?

Sandy Springs charges for wifi and it is not cheap. Well they did in November

As much as I love all things Australian, I got to get me action of the asian persuasian.

I have a real fond spot for the LEK hotel. Primarily because it is the hotel I always stay at when in pattaya.

POSITIVES:

-certainly guest friendly without joiner feees and shit...call you when she leaves which is a nice touch to make sure your not tied to the bed with an apple in your mouth

-cheapest fucking mini bar ever..it is hardly worth the trek to the 7/11..price difference is negligible

-In room safe

-Friendly staff. The manageress, really went out of her way and helped me out this time with the airport closures etc. Im good friends with the bell boys..they always take care fo me for a few hundred baht!

-Fantastic location. second to none. central to everywhere in pattaya

NEGATIVES

- you will be woken up for the maid to clean the room...even if you got the 'do not disturb' sign on the door..usually they leave it until 2:30pm..still bad if your a lazy cunt like me

- No in room internet access

- The rooms, although clean, were starting to look tatty 10 years ago.

-On my last trip the girlfriend told me the bellboys would tell her about other lady's that had been in my room (the cheating little cunts..even after my tips) so i got busted.

I like the hotel. Alas, im starting to think there are many better hotels out there for the money. I wouldnt hesitate to go back though...at least i'll save 200 baht on tipping the bellboys (cunts!)

Cheers fellas, enjoy

HS

" Hate The Sin..Love the Sinner!!"

"God gave man both a penis and a brain, but unfortunately not enough blood supply to run both at the same timeâ€

• 2 months later...

Looks ok for the price.I might check it out thanks for the info

Jolly Roger