Pattaya Live Streams >> Tulip Girls Link Tree | Pattaya Girls Live Facebook | Pattaya Girls Tulip Villa | Nightwish Girls Payment Portal |

IGNORED

Anyone been to Pai

rum

I've been mate.

Its a great place.

Its 100% Non-P4p.

If your into P4p you need to bring your own. Pai has no p4p.

Chang Mai is a good place to pick them up.

I stayed in the centre of town. Lots of good places. Best option I foudn was to arrive early in the day and walk around. Ask to look at rooms.

Don't book more than a few nights in your first room as you'll find somewhere better.

Centre of town is fairly cheap and good for a few beers in the evening and a bit of shopping during the day.

Theres also lots of hotels outside of town. Theres some nice places.

Waking up to the soudns of the inscects with no soudns of the city nearby and a stunning view of the hills and Jungle is lovely.

Can't remember specific place names.

It definatly pays to see the place before you stay there. Quality varies a lot.

There are also hotels to stay up in the hills with the local villages.

Attitudes to smoking weed are more relaxed there and the local villages seem to run a second economy selling to tourists.

I avoid this when I was on hols, so I can't tell you anymore.

Also a note of caution, the villages are pretty remote and I think some are tied in with smuggling. Its the kind of place you need to keep your wits about you a little bit. Going into the Jungle at night is not a wise move.

Lots of great places to visit.

The love cafe is nice. Some stunning views and the lady will live.

The local elehpant rides are amazing.

We went with a smaller one. The elehpant acutally spends the night in the Jungle and always rests in the same places. the handler then goes to get her.

They are also a lot more relaxed about health and safety and letting you do what you want.

I got to ride the elephant while she was washing herself in the river, which was amazing.

If you look up the tourist stuff theres a lot to do.

Big not of caution. Get good mosquito repellant.

The place is crawling with them.

Its also one of the areas that has multi-resistant malaria.

I got bitten a lot. THen when I got home developed early signs of malaria. I was shitting myself.

Turned out it was something different and I was okay.

avoiding getting bitten is the best option.

Has anyone been to Pai? Would love some recommendations on where to stay and go

I enjoyed it there for a change, but a few days would be long enough.

At night the street come alive with people selling their wares.

some nice cafes and bars but went quiet about 12pm. Did not try the clubs!

Drove 27 km up into the mountains, to a workers cafe.

As previous post stated, We did not come across any p4p action but never looked!

hotel & balconyRS.JPG

local productRS.JPG

river bridgeRS.JPG

road side stopRS.JPG

riverside cafeRS.JPG

mountain cafeRS.JPG

Look for the restaurants with signs that say "Not recommended by the Lonely Planet Guide". They will be the best. :)

Do not think about it just go there, I could not recommend Pai enough to anyone in Thailand, I actually ended up spending nearly 3 months in Pai.

It is a beautiful place, a valley plateau surrounded by mountains, a great experience and as has been said it is very "real".

And yes it is a good idea to be a bit careful with some of the outlying villages, most of them belong to different hill tribes and some are effective no-go areas for the Thai police, having said that I never had a problem. In terms of a cultural experience I loved it, there are also some really good overnight treks into the Jungle, well worth doing.

And definitely bring the mossie spray, they are so big you can see the stripes on them from meters away and that is not a tall tale!

I would go back there again, and it is possible to find a girlfriend there, after all why did you think I was there for 3 months, but no p4p that I was ever aware of.

I will finally be coming in Pattaya in May, got a smile just thinking about it.

th_CouplesNights018.jpg

Do not think about it just go there, I could not recommend Pai enough to anyone in Thailand, I actually ended up spending nearly 3 months in Pai.

It is a beautiful place, a valley plateau surrounded by mountains, a great experience and as has been said it is very "real".

And yes it is a good idea to be a bit careful with some of the outlying villages, most of them belong to different hill tribes and some are effective no-go areas for the Thai police, having said that I never had a problem. In terms of a cultural experience I loved it, there are also some really good overnight treks into the jungle, well worth doing.

And definitely bring the mossie spray, they are so big you can see the stripes on them from meters away and that is not a tall tale!

I would go back there again, and it is possible to find a girlfriend there, after all why did you think I was there for 3 months, but no p4p that I was ever aware of.

Great. I think I would definitely plan a trip there next year.

Hey rum,

I forgot to mention a few important things, first off stay intown the first night and hire a bike to drive out into the valley, ask about where the guest houses are at the hot springs, there are thermal hot springs around Pai and a few guest houses use the water for natural baths. Due to the altitude it does get cold in Pai at night in the winter whihc makes a nice change in Thailand, cold enough to sit around an open fire. In the same area are the 2 local elephant camps whihc are really worth checking out, Pai has a different effect on different people, I found it a very relaxed and special place, others find it boring but I would always recommend a trip there.

One last bit, yes the locals do sell weed by appearing like magic from bushes particularly up by the waterfalls, and yes the police do sometimes sit around the next corner waiting for a nice pay day!

Just a note of caution, enjoy Pai.

I will finally be coming in Pattaya in May, got a smile just thinking about it.

th_CouplesNights018.jpg

• 5 months later...

Pai sucks. The word is, Pai.... why? A small town that was known for drug use. Steer clear unless that is what you are looking for. But be warned that it is not as open as it used to be. Now it is, well, nothing. Over priced garbage.

• 1 year later...

I visited Pai in April of 2012 and was extremely underwhelmed by the place. It is an overhyped tourist trap and a real pain-in-the-ass to drive to. I went with my Thai teacher and another girl and we stayed in a "resort" outside the city, cost Baht 1500 night. I noticed the city attracted a LOT of very strange farangs--of the sort that like to boast they don't fit in most anywhere in the world except Pai. I also found Pai an extremely unfriendly city. I tried to speak to local vendors in Thai and could not get a reply and there is a contingent of Chinese Muslims I spoke to in Mandarin and few of them would reply to me. My Thai teacher was greeted by all she spoke to so my "shunning" was a conscious thing and rather unwise considering these street vendors make their living selling goods to tourists. Thai has become Northern Thailand's trendy, hip place and there is some stunning scenery in the outlying areas. The town itself is nothing special and is insular, unfriendly and full of itself.

Good synopsis of Pai....having been there too many times to count over the last 13+ years and I watched it transform from a cheap and groovy backpackers hangout to what it is now........ blame the BKK money that jacked up prices and built the overpriced 'boutique' resorts. The best years of Pai have past.....where next??

• 9 months later...

ive seen something lately on a promo recomending the place ideal as ideal for a  retirement life style,ive been once 10 years ago but the trip up and down was not for my stomach but peacefull with good none over the top entertainment and its regular influx of whacky backer back packers.

I visited Pai in April of 2012 and was extremely underwhelmed by the place. It is an overhyped tourist trap and a real pain-in-the-ass to drive to. I went with my Thai teacher and another girl and we stayed in a "resort" outside the city, cost Baht 1500 night. I noticed the city attracted a LOT of very strange farangs--of the sort that like to boast they don't fit in most anywhere in the world except Pai. I also found Pai an extremely unfriendly city. I tried to speak to local vendors in Thai and could not get a reply and there is a contingent of Chinese Muslims I spoke to in Mandarin and few of them would reply to me. My Thai teacher was greeted by all she spoke to so my "shunning" was a conscious thing and rather unwise considering these street vendors make their living selling goods to tourists. Thai has become Northern Thailand's trendy, hip place and there is some stunning scenery in the outlying areas. The town itself is nothing special and is insular, unfriendly and full of itself.

Ha! clint would have rode up and straight down again.

Archived