Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Luxury Pattaya Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Pattaya Investigations | Beavers Pattaya | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | The Night Wish Group | Add your Text or Event here

markie

High end fake watches

markie

Ok guys i am really into watches and have done some research on here as to where to buy. I have found jacks mr wongs and sarahs, pre bargaining prices seem to start about 2,200 for a omega planet ocean , a rather nice panerai,rolex ect jacks say that they have citizen movements in theres , sarahs says hers are Taiwanese mr wong ime not sure about. the question is this I asked for a1 copys and jack only had a brietling in and said that it was 8,000 baht but had an eta movement in it . Maybe eta or a chinese copy of an eta movement . All the chronographs are quartz in the 2000 baht range but if you go up the scale you get working chrono with an automatic movement.Jacks say they can order A1 copys in for any watch only takes 2 days or so , I guess sarah and mr wong can do the same . has anybody bought a high end copy I mean we are talking the best part of £200 quid here . I own a real omega seamaster gmt but dont really want to be wearing it every day a top quality copy would be great for everyday use . So has anybody bought an high end copy and do they think it worth it or shoud i just stay in the 2000 baht range and save myself some money . All advice experiances welcome

leadpencil

I was wanting to buy a decent (copy) watch next time I am in Pattaya. Would be interested to hear other BMs views as well but in the meantime, where are these places that you are talking about?

markie

I was wanting to buy a decent (copy) watch next time I am in Pattaya. Would be interested to hear other BMs views as well but in the meantime, where are these places that you are talking about?

Hi jacks is at the end of soi bukow the opposite end to tuk com 2 watch shops his is the one on the right if you are standing on the opposite side of thr road . Sarahs and mr wongs are in the market at the other end of soi bukow turn right walk past tuk com and about 200 yards on the same side is a food market. walk in side and turn left till you come to the pharmacy turn right and sarahs is 20 yards on your right . keep walking another 10 yards and turn right again and mr wongs is 10yard on the left. I was talking to some aussie guy and he told mr that he had bought many watches from her in the past and if there was ever a problem they fixed it or replaced it also give a 12 month guarantee hope this helps

rgds markie

Zieke Reiger

let me know how you get on, might have a look myself in december for a nice watch. don't mind spending 2000 bath, but it has to last a while then... not like the 200 baht ones on the market etc. I know nothing about watches, will they try to con me and sell me a 200 bath one as good copy? what should I look for in a good copy? (weight, markings etc?)

leadpencil

Hi jacks is at the end of soi bukow the opposite end to tuk com 2 watch shops his is the one on the right if you are standing on the opposite side of thr road . Sarahs and mr wongs are in the market at the other end of soi bukow turn right walk past tuk com and about 200 yards on the same side is a food market. walk in side and turn left till you come to the pharmacy turn right and sarahs is 20 yards on your right . keep walking another 10 yards and turn right again and mr wongs is 10yard on the left. I was talking to some aussie guy and he told mr that he had bought many watches from her in the past and if there was ever a problem they fixed it or replaced it also give a 12 month guarantee hope this helps

rgds markie

Thanks. Will have a look when I am there in December.

Sex tourist

I have bought a couple of watches from Sarah back in Jan and they still work fine, I cant comment about the other shop.

THAI LIE

I get mine from a place near nana in bkk, never had a problem all very good quality and only 2500, better than mr wongs IMO.

deanjames

I bought two Rolex Submariners with cermaic bezels and a Hublot from Sarahs watch shop in October, I opted for the mid quality at 4000 baht each. The 2000 baht copies had too many flaws. The Hublot was 2500 baht.

I've not taken the green one off since I left Pattaya and wear it in the pool, sauna and steam room almost everyday.

Apologies for the poor quality pics

SDC11725.jpg

SDC11725.jpg

SDC11678.jpg

ruckus

Last Feb, I bought a couple of Planet Oceans from Jack for about 1800 baht each. They are holding up very well and I use one occasionally and my friend now owns the other and wears daily.

When I come back in a few months, I'll go back to Jack to find some more. His is the shop on the right.

5190633809_828637653c.jpg

Nak Muay

Ok guys i am really into watches and have done some research on here as to where to buy. I have found jacks mr wongs and sarahs, pre bargaining prices seem to start about 2,200 for a omega planet ocean , a rather nice panerai,rolex ect jacks say that they have citizen movements in theres , sarahs says hers are Taiwanese mr wong ime not sure about. the question is this I asked for a1 copys and jack only had a brietling in and said that it was 8,000 baht but had an eta movement in it . Maybe eta or a chinese copy of an eta movement . All the chronographs are quartz in the 2000 baht range but if you go up the scale you get working chrono with an automatic movement.Jacks say they can order A1 copys in for any watch only takes 2 days or so , I guess sarah and mr wong can do the same . has anybody bought a high end copy I mean we are talking the best part of £200 quid here . I own a real omega seamaster gmt but dont really want to be wearing it every day a top quality copy would be great for everyday use . So has anybody bought an high end copy and do they think it worth it or shoud i just stay in the 2000 baht range and save myself some money . All advice experiances welcome

I originaly brought a couple of 600 baht rolexes from a street vendor. Quality not good but watches do work and look like rolexs.

I then visited mr Wong, And got a 1900baht Rolex from him, Mr wong not only speaks relativly good english is willing to help falangs and tell you what to look for on the copies.

I spent around half hour chatting to him, he also pressure tests the middle quality rolexs(i paid 1900 but think price is 2200 normally) to show they are water proof.

If you compare a 600 baht watch to a 1900 baht on there are massive differences in quality, size, defects, and even quality of the font for the numbers.

The biggest difference and quickest way to spot a cheap fake is the straps if they are rusting or going green already, its cheap, of its loose and the links are not tight. its cheap.

I really want to buy a top quality fake but am yet to find any that i would consider to be worth purchasing. But is anyone can review one of these £100 watches that come with a fake Cert etc i would like to read it.

Nak.

sexpat69

rgds markie

Markie, just wondering if it's the same Aussie guy that I know, I play golf with him and he is rather portly so to speak. Anyway, he told me about the same watch shop, Jacks, said the same about buying a few watches from there and never had any bother with them, my gaff is just 5 minutes from there so last month i popped in because a friend of mine asked me to get him a decent watch. Picked up a decent Brietling for 2000THB, 12 month guarantee. I'm no expert but it look pretty decent to me and my mate was chuffed to fuck with it.

leadpencil

I get mine from a place near nana in bkk, never had a problem all very good quality and only 2500, better than mr wongs IMO.

Do you remember the name of the place and exactly where it is?

jepnoms

I really want to buy a top quality fake but am yet to find any that i would consider to be worth purchasing. But is anyone can review one of these £100 watches that come with a fake Cert etc i would like to read it.

The best quality replicas are what some places will call the "Swiss" replicas (which, they're still assembled in the exact same place as the rest I'm sure, it's just a nickname), if you're interested in a Rolex especially and want to spend the money and have a watch that lasts you forever, these are what you'd want to go with. Sarah always has some excellent ones in stock, you have to ask specifically for them though, Jack may have 2 or 3 but as someone else mentioned he can order for you.

The main differences are quality of movement, quality of materials, and markings.

The "Swiss" is expensive first because of the movement it contains, it contains what's known as a Swiss ETA movement, which really is one of the nicest automatic movements you can buy regardless of what kind of watch you're talking about. The ETA movement is found in some of the nicer high-end Cartier watches, Rolex Tudor's, high-end Tag's, etc., it's a great movement, and wholesale even, the movement alone is probably right around $100usd, just the movement. If you're familiar with Tudor, it's a watch company Rolex owns and they make practically identical watches only slightly cheaper, the Tudor Submariner for example which looks basically identical to the Rolex Submariner, uses the ETA movement.

The cost of the Swiss Rolexes at Sarah's will usually run 8,000-9,500 baht or so for a Submariner, and it goes up if it's a model with a more advanced movement like a Daytona with Chronograph or something like that.

In my opinion, and this is just my opinion, if you're going to spend money on a Rolex replica, unless it's just for fun or something, you'd want to go with this level. Anything lower than 7-8k baht, you're definitely not going to get an ETA movement, and there will also be other things aesthetically wrong with the watch that while it may look perfect to 99% of people and your friends, anyone who knows is going to almost instantly recognize it as a fake.

Here's a quick list of main differences since I've already written this much...

-Crystal over the face of the watch, on the real Rolex it's Sapphire, on the cheaper copies it's Quartz crystal, not that anyone can really tell the difference visually, it's just a quality thing, on the Swiss version you get Sapphire, on the lower quality you get Quartz, sometimes some of the mid-range ones for 4-5k baht will have Sapphire as that's one of the things you're paying more for.

-Date Magnification "Bubble", some people call it the Cyclops, whatever you want to call it, this is the little magnifying window over the date, on most replicas, even up into the mid-range Rolex replicas the magnification is like half or less than half of what it is on the actual watch, it doesn't pop like the real one, if you had two next to each other you'd notice the difference right away, the Swiss will have the correct magnification in most cases, again, not that big of a deal as no one in their right mind is really going to notice that, or care, but a quality thing.

-Hacking Mechanism, this is the big one, and the main reason why you want the ETA movement, probably the biggest and most known feature of the Rolex movement is the "hacking mechanism", with any real Rolex when you go to set the time the second hand stops, they put this in for synchronizing like for military or whatever purposes, only the Swiss ETA movement is going to have this feature, no matter how much you pay for any mid-range watch and no matter how nice they tell you the movement is, it's still going to be a lesser movement, only the ETA movement has this functionality. The other movements you'll get in the cheap to mid-range watches will usually be either Seiko, Citizen, or Miyota, usually Japanese or sometimes Thai, all are just fine movements and should last you a long time, but they're ultimately $15-$30 dollar Automatic movements, the ETA, if you have the money, is by far the best, and what Rolex actually used themselves on their Tudor models.

-Crown on Crystal, this is one of the more difficult things for them to replicate, so you won't see it on many and you definitely won't see it on any watch under probably 7-8k baht, the Sapphire crystal itself will have a very tiny Rolex crown engraved into it, down at the bottom near the 6, very very small, the Swiss will have this where the rest they don't bother, not something most people would probably notice, but a quick glance if you did know.

-Markings/Build, probably the most important thing visually, and this can really vary, I've seen 2,000 baht Submariners that looked decent, I've seen ones that look awful, I've seen 5-6k baht Submariners that look awful, it really depends. On some of the cheaper ones the diving band is just horrible, looks nothing like the actual, chunky, not smooth. You may notice the Rolex crown is not perfectly centered on the band or the dial, or the white mother of pearl circle in the bezel isn't centered properly and it looks off a little. Also, if there is an open, see-through back to the Rolex where you can see the movement, these are usually the quality you see at the beach, these are trash. A lot of other minor markings but no one's really going to ever notice or care, anyway though, really only the Swiss version is going to have these all down and perfect looking, and it's just going to be an all around more solid watch than any of the others that you might pick up. They'll also skimp a lot of the times on the diving band so you can look for that as well, on most the cheaper models you couldn't really use the functionality of the diving band where on the Swiss physically and visually you really won't be able to find any imperfections anywhere.

There are also silly things like small markings and numbers on the back side of the band, serials, the screw-down crown you use to set the time won't even be screw down, or it won't have the rubber seal, all of these things are there on the Swiss and of pretty much the most solid quality you're going to get short of buying an actual Rolex. Also, when it comes to taking these in the water, even though the guy on the beach or wherever tells you "yes water ok", you really don't want to take even the mid-range ones into the water if you want it to last you a long time, they are water-proof but to a very low level and sometimes they're not made well enough and you jump in the pool and the whole inside of the watch fills up, you can be lucky and have one that's great but you could also be unlucky, Sarah and Jack will usually be pretty straight forward about what you can do with a specific watch, where the guy on the beach, not so much.

So, that's my two cents, and from my experiences, other people may be more lucky, even the mid-range ones, friends of mine who have had from 2,000-5,000 baht watches, eventually it seems something falls off it or something goes wrong with it, they're just not built as well, if you want a nice watch that's going to last you a long time, pay the extra and get the nice one, and at that level the only way anyone's going to know it's not the actual watch is if they're a jeweler with a Rolex case opening tool and they take the back off it, or maybe if they're some crazy asshole with a bizarre watch obsession.

Sorry I wrote so much, hope that's helpful for someone, night guys.

Edited by jepnoms

ruckus

Great post jepnoms! Thanks for the detailed info - rep point added.

rgds markie

I get a general sense of where to find Sarahs from markie's post, but can someone provide a pattayaphotoguide.com screenshot of exactly where find Sarahs and Mr Wongs? Thanks!

5193133196_9345c3ca1c.jpg

THAI LIE

Do you remember the name of the place and exactly where it is?

you have pm.

leadpencil

Thanks Jepnoms, great info.

you have pm.

Thanks very much.

Nak Muay

The best quality replicas are what some places will call the "Swiss" replicas (which, they're still assembled in the exact same place as the rest I'm sure, it's just a nickname), if you're interested in a Rolex especially and want to spend the money and have a watch that lasts you forever, these are what you'd want to go with. Sarah always has some excellent ones in stock, you have to ask specifically for them though, Jack may have 2 or 3 but as someone else mentioned he can order for you.

The main differences are quality of movement, quality of materials, and markings.

The "Swiss" is expensive first because of the movement it contains, it contains what's known as a Swiss ETA movement, which really is one of the nicest automatic movements you can buy regardless of what kind of watch you're talking about. The ETA movement is found in some of the nicer high-end Cartier watches, Rolex Tudor's, high-end Tag's, etc., it's a great movement, and wholesale even, the movement alone is probably right around $100usd, just the movement. If you're familiar with Tudor, it's a watch company Rolex owns and they make practically identical watches only slightly cheaper, the Tudor Submariner for example which looks basically identical to the Rolex Submariner, uses the ETA movement.

The cost of the Swiss Rolexes at Sarah's will usually run 8,000-9,500 baht or so for a Submariner, and it goes up if it's a model with a more advanced movement like a Daytona with Chronograph or something like that.

In my opinion, and this is just my opinion, if you're going to spend money on a Rolex replica, unless it's just for fun or something, you'd want to go with this level. Anything lower than 7-8k baht, you're definitely not going to get an ETA movement, and there will also be other things aesthetically wrong with the watch that while it may look perfect to 99% of people and your friends, anyone who knows is going to almost instantly recognize it as a fake.

Here's a quick list of main differences since I've already written this much...

-Crystal over the face of the watch, on the real Rolex it's Sapphire, on the cheaper copies it's Quartz crystal, not that anyone can really tell the difference visually, it's just a quality thing, on the Swiss version you get Sapphire, on the lower quality you get Quartz, sometimes some of the mid-range ones for 4-5k baht will have Sapphire as that's one of the things you're paying more for.

-Date Magnification "Bubble", some people call it the Cyclops, whatever you want to call it, this is the little magnifying window over the date, on most replicas, even up into the mid-range Rolex replicas the magnification is like half or less than half of what it is on the actual watch, it doesn't pop like the real one, if you had two next to each other you'd notice the difference right away, the Swiss will have the correct magnification in most cases, again, not that big of a deal as no one in their right mind is really going to notice that, or care, but a quality thing.

-Hacking Mechanism, this is the big one, and the main reason why you want the ETA movement, probably the biggest and most known feature of the Rolex movement is the "hacking mechanism", with any real Rolex when you go to set the time the second hand stops, they put this in for synchronizing like for military or whatever purposes, only the Swiss ETA movement is going to have this feature, no matter how much you pay for any mid-range watch and no matter how nice they tell you the movement is, it's still going to be a lesser movement, only the ETA movement has this functionality. The other movements you'll get in the cheap to mid-range watches will usually be either Seiko, Citizen, or Miyota, usually Japanese or sometimes Thai, all are just fine movements and should last you a long time, but they're ultimately $15-$30 dollar Automatic movements, the ETA, if you have the money, is by far the best, and what Rolex actually used themselves on their Tudor models.

-Crown on Crystal, this is one of the more difficult things for them to replicate, so you won't see it on many and you definitely won't see it on any watch under probably 7-8k baht, the Sapphire crystal itself will have a very tiny Rolex crown engraved into it, down at the bottom near the 6, very very small, the Swiss will have this where the rest they don't bother, not something most people would probably notice, but a quick glance if you did know.

-Markings/Build, probably the most important thing visually, and this can really vary, I've seen 2,000 baht Submariners that looked decent, I've seen ones that look awful, I've seen 5-6k baht Submariners that look awful, it really depends. On some of the cheaper ones the diving band is just horrible, looks nothing like the actual, chunky, not smooth. You may notice the Rolex crown is not perfectly centered on the band or the dial, or the white mother of pearl circle in the bezel isn't centered properly and it looks off a little. Also, if there is an open, see-through back to the Rolex where you can see the movement, these are usually the quality you see at the beach, these are trash. A lot of other minor markings but no one's really going to ever notice or care, anyway though, really only the Swiss version is going to have these all down and perfect looking, and it's just going to be an all around more solid watch than any of the others that you might pick up. They'll also skimp a lot of the times on the diving band so you can look for that as well, on most the cheaper models you couldn't really use the functionality of the diving band where on the Swiss physically and visually you really won't be able to find any imperfections anywhere.

There are also silly things like small markings and numbers on the back side of the band, serials, the screw-down crown you use to set the time won't even be screw down, or it won't have the rubber seal, all of these things are there on the Swiss and of pretty much the most solid quality you're going to get short of buying an actual Rolex. Also, when it comes to taking these in the water, even though the guy on the beach or wherever tells you "yes water ok", you really don't want to take even the mid-range ones into the water if you want it to last you a long time, they are water-proof but to a very low level and sometimes they're not made well enough and you jump in the pool and the whole inside of the watch fills up, you can be lucky and have one that's great but you could also be unlucky, Sarah and Jack will usually be pretty straight forward about what you can do with a specific watch, where the guy on the beach, not so much.

So, that's my two cents, and from my experiences, other people may be more lucky, even the mid-range ones, friends of mine who have had from 2,000-5,000 baht watches, eventually it seems something falls off it or something goes wrong with it, they're just not built as well, if you want a nice watch that's going to last you a long time, pay the extra and get the nice one, and at that level the only way anyone's going to know it's not the actual watch is if they're a jeweler with a Rolex case opening tool and they take the back off it, or maybe if they're some crazy asshole with a bizarre watch obsession.

Sorry I wrote so much, hope that's helpful for someone, night guys.

excellent and very helpful post mate

+1 Reputation :10of10Score:

mermar

im a tag heuer fan.dont like rolex classic watches.

i will go to sharas shop.thanks.

i hope i find good replicas carrera at sharas shop.

FIGO_0710

I bought a lovely "copy" from soi bua khow market splashed 200 bht (thought fuck it im on holiday treat yourself)...got dressed up nice and smart put my new watch on...kool,walked into champagne a go go and the big pom pui hostess jumped on me the watch "detonated" to the four corners of the bar...it was similar to the scene in "men in black" where "Will young" sets the gun off accidently at the beginning....people where fetching me bits of my watch for hours...

Moo-ton

Thanks for all the great information, I'm going to buy myself a new watch next trip and I hadn't planned on that.

Moo-ton :Good_Post:

7-Eleven

The best quality replicas are...

Jepnoms, your clearly know your stuff. Thanks.

dirtyden

Jepnoms

Your the man, thanks very much for the report, very helpfull

Dirty

griffinz

have a look on the repgeek site great originals and copys.

Chief General

Great post jepnoms! Thanks for the detailed info - rep point added.

I get a general sense of where to find Sarahs from markie's post, but can someone provide a pattayaphotoguide.com screenshot of exactly where find Sarahs and Mr Wongs? Thanks!

5193133196_9345c3ca1c.jpg

I never found Sarahs but I believe it's across from Tukcom, there's a roofed market round the back of the shops, you turn into the left hand side market.

Someone posted the telephone number for the shop on here, you should find it with a search, get it and get your TG to call it and ask where it is.

Jacks is on the very end of Soi Buakhoaw, where it meets Pattaya Central Rd. there's two watch shops right next to eachother.

sinkorswim

I have bought several watches from Jack and if I have had a problem he has replaced or repaired them straight away.