IGNORED

how to say "touch" on things ?

changoo

hi guys,

here it goes..

q1) how could you have touch on that topic ?

q2) how could you have touch that money that was not yours

Regards

ok both are horribly written questions in english.. here is my best way to help get your point across.

q1... tham mai poot geo gap huaa khaaw nan? = why talk about that subject...

q2... ngern mai chai khong kuhn. tham mai jap? the money isnt your. why did you touch it..

these might not be perfect but they get the point across just fine..

พูดถึงเรื่องนั้นทำไมล่ะ puud teung ruang nan tam mai la - why did you talk about that (subject).

หัวข้อ hua kaaw - never heard it used in this sense but would be interesting if it could be. i think of this as the subject of a book or a movie or something ...

พูดถึงเรื่องนั้นทำไมล่ะ puud teung ruang nan tam mai la - why did you talk about that (subject).

หัวข้อ hua kaaw - never heard it used in this sense but would be interesting if it could be. i think of this as the subject of a book or a movie or something ...

Tammay kun puud^ rua_ng nii/ - Why you speak about/story this?

ทำไมคุณพูดเรื่องนี้

I don't think I would say the OP's sentence in English let alone thai as it sounds a little weird

My understanding of women goes only as far as the pleasures.

-- Michael Caine (Alfie, 1966)

Tammay kun puud^ rua_ng nii/ - Why you speak about/story this?

ทำไมคุณพูดเรื่องนี้

I don't think I would say the OP's sentence in English let alone thai as it sounds a little weird

"why are you talking about" seems like an ok sentence to me in English? I guess it depends on when the other person said it or other factors to decide if it should be "why are you talking about this"

I would have thought you need giao gap or teung to link talking and the story, but can see from google one can do away with that. Interesting, I've never seen that construction before. very nice.

ps by google, i mean by searching on google and seeing there's lots of uses of "พูดเรื่องนี้"

Edited by el_jefe

"why are you talking about" seems like an ok sentence to me in English? I guess it depends on when the other person said it or other factors to decide if it should be "why are you talking about this"

I would have thought you need giao gap or teung to link talking and the story, but can see from google one can do away with that. Interesting, I've never seen that construction before. very nice.

ps by google, i mean by searching on google and seeing there's lots of uses of "พูดเรื่องนี้"

555 Don't trust google translate as its very strange some of the stuff it throws up. Giaw gab\ = 'related with' but isn't needed as the context of the sentence will be understood. If you wanted to refer to a specific story then you could extend the sentence to somthing like:

Tammay kun puud^ rua_ng^ poo_^ pomV bpay haaV faa_n^ may\ kaw/ - Why you speak story of my dad going to visit his new girlfriend?

No I was referring to the original posters strange sentence that I wouldn't say.

My understanding of women goes only as far as the pleasures.

-- Michael Caine (Alfie, 1966)

555 Don't trust google translate as its very strange some of the stuff it throws up. Giaw gab\ = 'related with' but isn't needed as the context of the sentence will be understood. If you wanted to refer to a specific story then you could extend the sentence to somthing like:

Tammay kun puud^ rua_ng^ poo_^ pomV bpay haaV faa_n^ may\ kaw/ - Why you speak story of my dad going to visit his new girlfriend?

No I was referring to the original posters strange sentence that I wouldn't say.

Google search has nothing to do with Google translate! There's a huge corpus of Thai text on the web that one can use to check the validity of a phrase. In turn you can then look at where it's from to decide if you think it's just forum-speak grammar or correct. So, when I say I used google search, I mean there are lot's of website in Thai that use this phrase. Not anything at all to do with google translate.

My point was just that I was surprised that this could be dropped and still be completely correct. I didn't look carefully at the like 20,000 google results, but that's enough results to tell me that its correct.

Looking back at the definition of reuang and my implicit understanding and the way you Ajay 75 wrote it's meaning, it does have the secondary meaning of "about" I guess it's just that I've never seen applied to the word "this? i.e., nee (H).

and ถึงเรื่อง and เรื่อง are just synonyms. ("พูดถึงนี้" puud teung nee - is also very popular on the web corpus - as is "พูดถึงเรื่องนี้")

Well, this was very helpful to me at least as it's definitely adjusted the way i think about the word เรื่อง.