IGNORED

Driving range/golf lessons Pattaya

IW75

I've been pondering the possibility on my forthcoming trip, as I've got the free time, to pick up a golf club and hit a golf ball for the first time. Crazy golf at the age of 12 doesn't count.

Does anyone have any recommendations of a good place to start? Somewhere where they will teach me the basics of standing and swinging, lend me a club and bucket of balls and the instructor isn't a dick 'cause it's easy money?

Many thanks in advance.

Who's got time for golf in Pattaya lol! I would reckon good value out there but I'd think about the language barrier. It's a hard enough game to learn when they teach in English! Good luck.

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

Who's got time for golf in Pattaya lol! I would reckon good value out there but I'd think about the language barrier. It's a hard enough game to learn when they teach in English! Good luck.

I don't know if I will have time :P Plans have been known to change in Pattaya for many,

But I know for sure there's more chance of me getting on a driving range in Pattaya this December than in the next 6/7 months in England.

I just want to have a crack but not do anything wrong and screw my shoulder up in anyway.

I don't know if I will have time :P Plans have been known to change in Pattaya for many,

But I know for sure there's more chance of me getting on a driving range in Pattaya this December than in the next 6/7 months in England.

I just want to have a crack but not do anything wrong and screw my shoulder up in anyway.

There's one or two places for what you want,I was the same as you but went to a driving range and just hit some balls,no coaching or nothing.........I was shit and still am !

Go Pattaya Klang to Sukhumvit Road and at the traffic lights you will see a driving range in front of you.Go and have a word there,I know they used to have a resident pro who taught and I think his name is Greg,go and ask if they still do the lessons,it's actually quite a nice couple of hours up there and a good laugh.

There's one or two places for what you want,I was the same as you but went to a driving range and just hit some balls,no coaching or nothing.........I was shit and still am !

Go Pattaya Klang to Sukhumvit Road and at the traffic lights you will see a driving range in front of you.Go and have a word there,I know they used to have a resident pro who taught and I think his name is Greg,go and ask if they still do the lessons,it's actually quite a nice couple of hours up there and a good laugh.

thanks for the info, you give the impression that's it's pretty laid back and accomodating for beginners, which is what I want. I'll have a look when I get there.

thanks for the info, you give the impression that's it's pretty laid back and accomodating for beginners, which is what I want. I'll have a look when I get there.

http://pattayagolfresort.com/site/

thats the website for the "resort", its a good place and I am pretty sure they do lessons

check out the barmaid in the clubhouse....what a cracker

There is a driving range that has a free pick up service. I'm sorry but I can't remember the name of the place but I normally just stand outside of Robins Nest on Soi Diana with my choice of clubs for the range that day and he will stop and pick you up, about a 5 minute bus ride. Times I think are 9,11,13,15 etc with the return bus 10,12,14,16 etc. Had a lesson or 2 with a guy from Newcastle called David if I remember right, 1000 baht an hour, there is also a couple of Thai guys who can give you a lesson as well.

I like the idea of playing golf when I visit Pattaya, if only as s break from other activities!

For me, the main factor in choosing a club is how easy it is to get to it.

most driving ranges are 5 mins or so from town, most courses are 20 mins + from town

I like the idea of playing golf when I visit Pattaya, if only as s break from other activities!

For me, the main factor in choosing a club is how easy it is to get to it.