IGNORED

Food wave food hall

Well I checked out this place today. The only reason I knew it existed was due to this forum.

Needless to say I went in and there was only a handful of customers and far more chefs etc standing around which made it a little intimidating checking out the various stalls. I was thinking why not put a sign out the front and on second road entrance saying "international food court, top floor" ! Even just a small sign inside the main doors at each end.

Anyway the food was good and the view exceptional. But really businesses cant be sustained when no one knows you're there.

Well I checked out this place today. The only reason I knew it existed was due to this forum.

Needless to say I went in and there was only a handful of customers and far more chefs etc standing around which made it a little intimidating checking out the various stalls. I was thinking why not put a sign out the front and on second road entrance saying "international food court, top floor" ! Even just a small sign inside the main doors at each end.

Anyway the food was good and the view exceptional. But really businesses cant be sustained when no one knows you're there.

And by this .... you also forget to mention where it is on second road...... :rolleyes::D

Non native English writing poster, not using a spell checker !! 

i went in there about a month ago and it was empty as well, bunch of food servers talking and picking their noses. I turned right around and left, the first rule of food safety in Asia is dont eat there if the place is not crowded.

the food court in Central Festival is 100 times better and packed every night.

And by this .... you also forget to mention where it is on second road...... :rolleyes::D

Perhaps that was covered by the "Royal Garden Plaza" part in the heading.

I used to eat in there a fair bit when I first moved over here, but went in there for the first time in ages a few weeks back, it had all changed, did a quick lap of the stalls and walked straight back out again.

Bam Bam

Edited by Bam_Bam

That which doesn't kill me only makes me stronger

Yes the central festival food court is better and also cheaper. Though I haven't tried the 3rd floor food court ("foodloft") which I will do tomorrow probably. It is worth checking out the Carrefour food court on central rd. Always packed and very cheap. I find myself eating at these joints more than the genuine restaraunts. Better aircon, just as good food if not fresher due to higher turnover and probably half the price.

It is a problem though as these large malls are taking a lot of the business from the mid range restaraunts.

It is a problem though as these large malls are taking a lot of the business from the mid range restaraunts.

And why is that a problem ? Because those "business men" made the wrong choice by starting a mid range priced restaurant

in a place like Pattaya , a town full of punters/cheap charlies who wanna eat for 100/150 bath max ?

My girl don't even wanna eat in such a place , she wants to see if it's fresh and cooked the right way , and as a real Thai

"she wants it quick and for a good price" .

The better Thai seafood restaurants are doing good business but most of those wannabee boutique Thai/farang mid range

restaurants are practically empty every night .

Why pay 500 bath when i can have at least the same but most of the time better for 150 bath .

Perhaps that was covered by the "Royal Garden Plaza" part in the heading.

I used to eat in there a fair bit when I first moved over here, but went in there for the first time in ages a few weeks back, it had all changed, did a quick lap of the stalls and walked straight back out again.

Bam Bam

:001_Thank_You5: but by reading the reviews i give it a non go as i live near Tesco lotus south and have good food court and also the market sreet food courts on night-market sukhumvit who are daily open at limited offers and full offers on market days Fry, sat, sunday

Edited by david555

Non native English writing poster, not using a spell checker !! 

:001_Thank_You5:

Mai Pen Rai Kup

That which doesn't kill me only makes me stronger

it becomes a problem because on many levels it can detract from the economy and the quality of the place. i.e they hire less people, they skimp on food hygene by pushing out used by dates, property owners suffer because mid range rents go down etc etc. So next time you get food posioning realise it is because the mid range restaraunts are getting squeezed by the big malls.

There is no big mall in Jomtien so most of the restaruants over that side do ok. Also the quality of the food being dished up is better.

When they put in the monorail the same thing will happen to the baht bus drivers. Basically what happens over time is the quality of the town erodes and you get a divide between the rich and the poor and crime naturally increases whilst property prices decline and you start to get ghettos.

Any town planner worth his salt would have ok'd the big malls but not the food courts within them imo. This would move the money and the people into the streets during eating times.

The best thing they can do over at Jomtien is not introduce a large food court but a large shopping mall would be ok.

i went in there about a month ago and it was empty as well, bunch of food servers talking and picking their noses. I turned right around and left, the first rule of food safety in Asia is dont eat there if the place is not crowded.

the food court in Central Festival is 100 times better and packed every night.

I was in Pattaya last summer and visited the Royal Plaza. I was unaware that there was a food plaza on the last floor - and I have been going to the Royal Plaza since first coming to Pattaya in 2006. The food court at CF is great.

it becomes a problem because on many levels it can detract from the economy and the quality of the place. i.e they hire less people, they skimp on food hygene by pushing out used by dates, property owners suffer because mid range rents go down etc etc. So next time you get food posioning realise it is because the mid range restaraunts are getting squeezed by the big malls.

There is no big mall in Jomtien so most of the restaruants over that side do ok. Also the quality of the food being dished up is better.

When they put in the monorail the same thing will happen to the baht bus drivers. Basically what happens over time is the quality of the town erodes and you get a divide between the rich and the poor and crime naturally increases whilst property prices decline and you start to get ghettos.

Any town planner worth his salt would have ok'd the big malls but not the food courts within them imo. This would move the money and the people into the streets during eating times.

The best thing they can do over at Jomtien is not introduce a large food court but a large shopping mall would be ok.

Town Planner? Money talks and bullshit walks. All shopping malls in Thailand have a food court, why should central festival be any different?

I could care less if the mid range restaurants fail, most of them have shit food and shit service anyway. Some of the worst attitudes come out of farang owned restaurants.

sexfarangman, that was the point of my op, like you said you didn't know it was there after 4 years ! It's not so much that the food is bad it is just no one knows it is there ! put a sign out the front or inside the main doors please. It has a fantastic view, it should be packed.