IGNORED

Licking of fingers

Just something iv'e noticed with the licking of fingers after food.I have been rapped over the knuckles a couple of times. Now i have been guilty of this after a bag of crisps or the odd bit of KFC,but it's frowned upon by thais as being dirty,i'm assuming it's got something to do with their lack of post toilet cleaning skills,But i don't know about you, but i eat with my left hand and wipe my arse with my right when in the village.

But trying to get the message across is like trying to talk to my thai mother in law

Just something iv'e noticed with the licking of fingers after food.I have been rapped over the knuckles a couple of times. Now i have been guilty of this after a bag of crisps or the odd bit of KFC,but it's frowned upon by thais as being dirty,i'm assuming it's got something to do with their lack of post toilet cleaning skills,But i don't know about you, but i eat with my left hand and wipe my arse with my right when in the village.

But trying to get the message across is like trying to talk to my thai mother in law

Isn't it traditionally supposed to be eat with your right, wipe with the left?

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

I always get mixed up between the wrong & the right (there's a tree by the river), or is that left & wrong?

What happens if you eat Ex placenta or 'nong nua' with your right hand, is it a load of shit?

No wonder I'm always dead.

Peace. :GoldenSmile1:

sgu_banner.gif

Maybe he is dyslexic

Maybe he is dyslexic

That way lies Dysentery!

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

That way lies Dysentery!

Like Blake Carrington you mean. Look what happened to him; he wiped with the left!

sgu_banner.gif

I always lick my fingers after leaving the Windmill....is that impolite?

I always lick my fingers after leaving the Windmill....is that impolite?

It would be impolite to leave without fish fingers.

Hmmm. Fish fingers. :Clap8:

sgu_banner.gif

I thought it was, eat with the left. Wipe with the right, Therefore if someone wants to shake hands right handed, the correct response is... Don't hand me that shit!

• 3 months later...

If you are unsure of the level of table manners required from your Thai hosts, remember each time to carry out the ''etiqiutte expectation test'' each time you gather at the table:

Pre meal,throw your hands up in mid conversation to grab everyones attention. Curl up your nose and then proceed to insert your finger up your ringpiece, giving the impression you are investigating a truely irritating itch. Upon completion, raise your finger to your nose for the cursory sniff and then engage with a curious lick..

If not a single eyebrow is raised then dine at your own pleasure, eating with your feet if you fancy. If, however the test is received with tremendous uproar, Wretching and potential bowel movements etc. Then fine manners It must be, fork onto spoon, spoon only into mouth etc... Bon Appetit!

Edited by lukey1979

Courage, determination, unselfishness and cheefulness in the face of adversity. Bond us all together, a brotherhood so inexplicable you will never understand, unless you are one of us....

I don't know about Thai etiquette but I do know a bit about hygiene and obviously the Thais do as well!

Pull Self onto baht bus....exit baht bus....shake hands with friend/BM in bar....few beers.....another bar....another toilet...another friend...same...same...all day then go for some food and finish off with a good belch and the licking of the fingers.....

Now bearing in mind you probably acted like a typical Westerner (bloke) on the piss and never washed your hands even once during the day you could hardly be surprised if you woke up in the middle of the night thinking you were having an appendicitis,closely followed by smelly Liquid exiting from all your orifices,before you even got close to the loo!

Wander how many Farangs have had food poisoning, blaming a restaurant/bar when their own personal hygiene is very suspect!

I don't know about Thai etiquette but I do know a bit about hygiene and obviously the Thais do as well!

Pull Self onto baht bus....exit baht bus....shake hands with friend/BM in bar....few beers.....another bar....another toilet...another friend...same...same...all day then go for some food and finish off with a good belch and the licking of the fingers.....

Now bearing in mind you probably acted like a typical Westerner (bloke) on the piss and never washed your hands even once during the day you could hardly be surprised if you woke up in the middle of the night thinking you were having an appendicitis,closely followed by smelly liquid exiting from all your orifices,before you even got close to the loo!

Wander how many Farangs have had food poisoning, blaming a restaurant/bar when their own personal hygiene is very suspect!

correct.Absolutely love the fear of licking his right hand fingers when thats the hand he shakes other peoples hands with.getting on and off a baht bus is just one of a million daily examples of where a person touches throughout a day.Put simply you are giving a rim job to about 7000 of the dirtiest arseholes alive when you "lick your fingers",aussiekiwi.NOW IF YOUR DOWN FOR THIS COOL BUT F YOUR NOT NEXT TIME YOU LOOK AT YOUR GREASEY KFC FILLED RIGHT FINGERS NEXT TIME BEWARE?

Edited by FARANGALANG

In Pattaya, you'd better lick a dick than a finger !...

• 3 weeks later...

dont forget to keep your hand over your mouth when using a toothpick, or leave the room to pic your teeth, don't think thais ever have anything stuck in their teeth, but they're fine letting out a fart or a good belch without hand over the mouth or pardon me(kor toht krub/ka)

In Pattaya, you'd better lick a dick than a finger !...

Really? They've probably both been in the same places.

Really? They've probably both been in the same places.

You open doors with your dick ? Have to show me that one day :GoldenSmile1: