IGNORED

Baboona Serviced Appartments

Ikkyu-San

Hey guys,

Im thinking of booking into Baboona Serviced Appartments for a short trip of three nights in September. Just wondering if anyone has any past experience with this place. Is it tidy, quiet etc. etc.

Cheers Fellow Mongers,

Happy

I asked about this place in another forum almost two weeks ago...no responses from anyone who had any knowledge of the place. Must not be very popular, or really new.

I asked about this place in another forum almost two weeks ago...no responses from anyone who had any knowledge of the place. Must not be very popular, or really new.

Yeah. Pretty suprising alright. I got referred to this place by a guy I know that lives in Pattaya so I'm guessing it should be fine. Checked out the website and it looks fine also. If you hear anything would you mind posting here for me?

Cheers mate,

Happy

Heres the website : http://www.baboonabeach.com/info.html, If anyones interested

The pictures of the rooms on the website look nice but dont really tell much about the room

I sent them an email, I,ll post the inf if I get a reply

Hope someone has more info

Cheers

Dude

Cheers Dudebrah!!!!

:Hug1:

Cheers Dudebrah!!!!

:)

I have been past the place. It was new and nice but they never respond. I sent an email 7 days ago. If anyone gets them to respond tell me how since I am interested.

I sent an e mail to [email protected]. I asked for a layout of the rooms but they didnt seem to understand me :GiveBeer1:

they said the deluxe and ocean view rooms are 25sqm

It looks very nice in pictures .....

I like pick up a glass whisky in their balcons :P

But two important things :

1-Do they provide WIFI

2-Have they joiner fee

Below is the link to the sawadee webpage for Baboona Serviced Apartments.

Pictures are clearer than on the Baboona site. Just hope it is as nice as this!!!

http://www.sawadee.com/hotel/pattaya/baboona/pictures.html

Same photos of the site. I'll tell you thatwhen i went by the reception spoke little English. The photos on your link are the same as the hotel site. It is nice but I think focused on Asian market.

The map is wrong this place is right on Beach.

Never responded.....3 m's sent

I sent them email , they dont respond !!!

lazy staff !!

Well i'm going to take a chance and book in for a few nights in September. I'll take a few snaps and do a review after!

September is too late , i fly august

Finaly i received reply from them

They provide WIFI (but i dont know it is free or not)

and no have joiner fee

September is too late , i fly august

Finaly i received reply from them

They provide WIFI (but i dont know it is free or not)

and no have joiner fee

No joiner fee is a positive! Let me know what you think of the place after you have stayed please mate!

Below is Baboona response to my email

Thank you so much for your email and sorry for this late reply.

We do not have kitchenettes and we do not have DVD player at the moment. We will have them after October this year.

We do not charge for joiner fee at the moment but we will charge in near future.

We do not have in room safe but we do have safe at our lobby for your keep.

The best room is our deluxe sea view rooms.

Hope to serve you in near future.

Baboona.

We do not have kitchenettes and we do not have DVD player at the moment. We will have them after October this year.

We do not charge for joiner fee at the moment but we will charge in near future.

Baboona.

So they will be buying 1 dvd player !!

Will charge joiner fee in the future :D

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Guys!!!!!! I stayed at Baboona this July...it is a very nice place and the staff is great...the food was also surprisingly good!!! But the only drawback was No Internet, No in room safe, and Laundry service and of course no pool but the beach is across the street.....Any questions just ask me.............

• 2 weeks later...
Hey Guys!!!!!! I stayed at Baboona this July...it is a very nice place and the staff is great...the food was also surprisingly good!!! But the only drawback was No Internet, No in room safe, and Laundry service and of course no pool but the beach is across the street.....Any questions just ask me.............

Hey griz30,

I have a few questions if you dont mind.

1. Since they did not have in-room safes, was it possible to leave your valuables in a safe at the reception?

2. Did you take any pics of the rooms and facilities?

3. What did you think of the location...was it near to the action?? :D

Cheers!

3. What did you think of the location...was it near to the action?? :D

Cheers!

you're not too faraway from Soi6 & only a 5/10mins bhat bus ride away from walking st :D if you like to walk, then you'd probably lookin at 15/20mins walk from the hotel to walking st depending on your walking speed :Laugh1:

Ary ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba

"I kikiyat everything, I never kikiyat boom boom!"

lbfucker.gif

http://www.baboonabeach.com/

Conditions

1. Room rates subject to 10% service charge and 7% VAT

2. Credit cards accepted ; Visa, Master Card, and JCB

3. All rates are quoted in Thai Baht and rates listed are per room per night based on one or two persons sharing.

4. Special weekly rates can only apply when guests stay at least 7 nights.

5. Special monthly rates can only apply when guests stay at least 30 nights.

6. The room's rate is including breakfast.

7. There is no extra charge for children under the age of 12, sharing the same room with their parents.

8. Check-in time at 14.00 hrs and check-out time at 12.00 noon.

9. Reservation are held until 4 p.m. only, unless guaranteed by credit card or first night deposit

10. Rates and government tax are subject to change without notice.

11. We allow only two persons stay in a room. I assume you can forget 3-somes?

12. We do not provide extra bed.

13. Full payment is required for all bookings during period from 24 Dec- 4 Jan.

14. Cancellations for all periods, except Peak season, can be made at least 48 hours prior to guest's arrival date, or penalty 1 night.

15. Cancellations for Peak season, can be made at least 168 hours prior to guest's arrival date, or penalty 5 nights.

16. No show case will carry a penalty fee of at least 1 night.

17. Non-refundable in case of late check-in and early check-out.

Edited by Temujin

"When the going gets weird... the weird turn pro" - Hunter S. Thompson

you're not too faraway from soi6 & only a 5/10mins bhat bus ride away from walking st :Chokdee: if you like to walk, then you'd probably lookin at 15/20mins walk from the hotel to walking st depending on your walking speed :rolleyes:

Thanks Deadman. I will try to walk to Walking Street but thats only if I manage to get past Soi 6!!! :rolleyes:

http://www.baboonabeach.com/

Conditions

1. Room rates subject to 10% service charge and 7% VAT

2. Credit cards accepted ; Visa, Master Card, and JCB

3. All rates are quoted in Thai Baht and rates listed are per room per night based on one or two persons sharing.

4. Special weekly rates can only apply when guests stay at least 7 nights.

5. Special monthly rates can only apply when guests stay at least 30 nights.

6. The room's rate is including breakfast.

7. There is no extra charge for children under the age of 12, sharing the same room with their parents.

8. Check-in time at 14.00 hrs and check-out time at 12.00 noon.

9. Reservation are held until 4 p.m. only, unless guaranteed by credit card or first night deposit

10. Rates and government tax are subject to change without notice.

11. We allow only two persons stay in a room. I assume you can forget 3-somes?

12. We do not provide extra bed.

13. Full payment is required for all bookings during period from 24 Dec- 4 Jan.

14. Cancellations for all periods, except Peak season, can be made at least 48 hours prior to guest's arrival date, or penalty 1 night.

15. Cancellations for Peak season, can be made at least 168 hours prior to guest's arrival date, or penalty 5 nights.

16. No show case will carry a penalty fee of at least 1 night.

17. Non-refundable in case of late check-in and early check-out.

I will have that threesome no matter what they say! :P

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be staying there in September. I booked and prepaid with res24. I've seen the rooms before, they're really nice. The receptionist confirmed there's no joiner fee, so I'm sorry to hear that there will be one soon, hopefully after I've stayed there.

In the past I've checked out of a hotel after they informed me of a 1000 baht joiner fee and got the unused portion of my payment refunded by res24.

Please don't pay joiner fees, no matter how small, this trend is spreading like wild fire and soon only the dumps will have no joiner fee. It's doubly ridiculous that it happens in Pattaya. Also, let the hotels that don't charge know that this is why you stay with them.

aka Big Poppa

Hey griz30,

I have a few questions if you dont mind.

1. Since they did not have in-room safes, was it possible to leave your valuables in a safe at the reception?

2. Did you take any pics of the rooms and facilities?

3. What did you think of the location...was it near to the action?? :)

Cheers!

Sorry, I didn't get back to you...Yes, they have a safety deposit box at the front desk, u get a key and the desk keeps a key so no one person can get into it. Yes I have some pics of the room, Its not in the middle of the action, I stayed on beach road soi 3 and most of the good beer bars are on 2nd road soi 3 so u have to walk a little bit, but big C is right there and u are only 10 feet from the beach...very nice and its quiet. I had a few threesomes there and no problems at, very girl freindly..

It looks very nice in pictures .....

I like pick up a glass whisky in their balcons :P

But two important things :

1-Do they provide WIFI

2-Have they joiner fee

It's a serviced apartment, they SHOULD have no joiner fee...that's why I stay at one while in Pattaya. No front desk hassles

Edited by Anonsailor

• 1 month later...

We do not have in room safe but we do have safe at our lobby for your keep.

The best room is our deluxe sea view rooms.

Hope to serve you in near future.

Baboona.

yeah stayed there 21 dec 06 till 21 jan 07. cant knock it. would stay there again. room's cleaned every day .staff friendy once they got to know you . only problem i had was the bar next door. watch out when paying bill