IGNORED

house building costs

louie

To be honest Louie at 65 to spend 4 mill on a house in Thailand is the last thing you should be doing. For 8k a month you can rent a very nice house in Buriram,4 mill or even 2 mill is a lot of rent!! I would recommend that anybody who wants to come and live in Isan rents for a while before building.Just to make sure the lifestyle suit's you before you spend your cash.Unlike Pattaya,Phuket and Koh Samui houses here in Isan don't have much of a re-sale value unless you are close to the main provincial town.

I have another friend who has just built a 2 bed Bungalow for his girlfriend ,he is 73 and it is more of a thankyou to her as she looked after him very well over the years . He spent about 700k ,maybe 1 mill in total.Money he had save from his pension whilst living here.Money that he would have spent if he had stayed in the UK .It has taken him about 5 years to save the money,whilst saving he rented a nice Bungalow for about 3.5k a month here in Surin . It does amaze me why older guy come and spend large sums of money on building houses for their Thai GF or new wive's,but if it's for someone you care about or a long term wife, do what you feel is best,you can't take the money with you but at the same time you don't want to waste it either..... :D

Hi Louie, I built a house for 650 000 baths but not that big. We live 2 peoples in the house and we don't want anybody else... so ONE ROOM is enough...

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_yxaYAYPiQo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Building a house is a big decision...so you must know what you really need. Good chace to you. Here the little cip I have made on our house,s building:

I hope that this link works.

Construction_ 23 mai 2011 013.jpg

Maison_7 mai 2011_2 012.jpg