todd2rip

Vietnam 101

choeke

Thinking seriously of a side trip to HCMC during an upcoming trip to SE Asia, so I will review this info closely.

If you're staying at an upscale hotel (Hyatt, Sheraton, etc.), do you have ANY options (such as ST rooms, picking up a girl from bar inside the hotel, etc.)?

anything over 3 star = good luck

i'll be there in 2 weeks to see what's new

sandokan2000

great post... I live in Saigon since 7 years now.

most bars along Hai Ba Trung street "left" because of the government trying to clean up the city centre a little.

Benny`s "Haircut"on Dien Bien Phu was laso gone but just recnetly reappeared again.

Everybody try also the "haircut" shops along Nguyen Phi Khanh... not far from city centre, every taxi driver knows

The Serpent

Hi Sandokan

I am aware the HBT bars a long gone, but my understanding is some new bars have now opened up on Pastuer St, similar in set up to the HBT bars

Is this correct???

txman

Great report, sounds like something I really want to add to my list. Might give it a try in April.

the milkman

Can anyone please recommend a GF hotel with a pool and decent rooms in hcm...???

Cult-lime

Great trip report keep em coming!!

kgbagent

Vietnam's HCM City to foster waterway tourism

Saturday, 04 July 2015; News by Xinhua

• 1435971242-t.jpg

The skyline of Ho Chi Minh City along the Saigon River (Photo: Reuters)

HO CHI MINH CITY, July 4 (Xinhua) -- Vietnam's Ho Chi Minh City is accelerating improvement of inland waterway facilities and related tourism service, so that waterway tourism will become the city's key tourism product, the municipal authorities announced Friday.

From now to the end of this year, Ho Chi Minh City will build and upgrade 45 wharves and waiting halls, develop 65 sites in districts which have inland waterway tourism routes, and build three community tourism sites in its rural districts.

The Ho Chi Minh City People's Committee has assigned the municipal Tourism Department to foster long-range waterway tourism routes from the city to Mekong Delta provinces and Cambodia, medium-range routes from the city to its rural districts of Cu Chi and Can Gio, and short-range routes along canals.

The short range waterway tourism of Bach Dang-Cu Chi alone, part of longer routes to the two neighboring provinces of Binh Duong and Tay Ninh, annually receives nearly 15,000 foreign tourists, said the municipal People's Committee.

Ho Chi Minh City welcomed nearly 2.2 million foreign visitors in the first half of this year, up 3 percent against the same period last year, the committee announced. The city plans to host 4.7 million international arrivals in 2015.

Edited by kgbagent

skorpio

i read  halfway through your flight and got a headache .        :Disease:   just wasted 10 minutes of my life .

Forte

This is a great trip report!  It's hard to find good information on the nightlife in HCMC.

Mistermax808

great excellent trip report!  Hope to visit VN soon.  :)

happy888

Awesome, detailed trip report. Thank you.

And thanks to others for there input also.

Cheers,

H888

KingoftheKickboxers

Great TR. Apreciate all the info.

Are the BBs in the TR still operational today? Can anyone give a recent update on the mongering sitiuation in Saigon?

I know the guide is 6 years old but does it still hold up today? Planning on visiting Saigon in the coming months.

frankiet035

Great TR. Apreciate all the info.

Are the BBs in the TR still operational today? Can anyone give a recent update on the mongering sitiuation in Saigon?

I know the guide is 6 years old but does it still hold up today? Planning on visiting Saigon in the coming months.

Everyone i have talk with say its not the same now ... not as good

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk

KingoftheKickboxers

Everyone i have talk with say its not the same now ... not as good

Cheers for the reply mate.

That's sad to hear because those Viet ladies are smoking hot.

happy888

They are indeed smoking hot!

Researching the topic can help make them an attractive side-trip opportunity.

frankiet035

Yes there the hottest going ... im still going go one .. maybe you can fine somewhere else

Doodie

I haven't signed on in a while. I've probably said this here once before try the wechat app, it has girls crawling all over it. Of course proceed with caution. Looking at around 50st/120lt now a days. If you are going to make a trip here my wechat ID is yayeeya1 say you are from PA. I know girls from $25-300. ;)

mmexport1456466559655.jpg

mmexport1458419520742.jpg

The Serpent

I started my recent holiday in Saigon from Feb 20 to Feb 23

I'm in the process of writing a proper trip report, but it was not positive

But briefly, when I first went there would have been close to 2 dozen bars to choose from for take out, now it would only be a half dozen

The one's I remember on Le Thanh Ton and behind in the side streets are now BJ places asking for 1 million dong for a BJ, no take out

Unless I was looking in the wrong place, I did OK with the slime pickings available

Even the following tip from BM "warprofitter" didn't yield any results

Seems that she is the one all the baggage guys and door guys go to from Ho Sen, Ho Sen 2 and the newer hotel just to the right of Ho Sen. She has a drink stand strategically placed across the road from the three hotels and just 50 meters down from Northern Hotel, but the drink stand is a bit of a cover story... she's actually a freelancer mamasan. She showed my friend the pix on her phone and he said there were quite a lot of gals in there. The cost was $50 USD, but that was for a guaranteed overnight. If the gal didn’t stay overnight, she wanted to know about it. And if you got along well enough, the gal was available to show you around the next day on her motorbike as well.

If this tread continues, it would be unlikely I would return to Saigon...

mintomaker

looks like viet has gone downhill quite a bit, shame. Girls there are hot.

jPat

I haven't signed on in a while. I've probably said this here once before try the wechat app, it has girls crawling all over it. Of course proceed with caution. Looking at around 50st/120lt now a days. If you are going to make a trip here my wechat ID is yayeeya1 say you are from PA. I know girls from $25-300. ;)

God Damn!! The first girl is Stunning! You can get me that??

Villo

Anyone have any intel on Hoi An? Here on holidays and cant even get a happy ending with so many massage places around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sudsy

I tried to read and/or find the nuggets but dislike trip reports to begin with so it was an excercise in futility. I guess I'm not of the same world as you guys because you all love them. Or you're lying. In Saigon now so thought I'd gave this one a go. Lol. Of all the trip reports to try and read.

Had a cute girl do my toes and feet then got a massage from her. At the end she asked if I wanted extra. Finally some action. I said yeah bj. She curled her nose and said no. Afterwards she told me her name was Yeah.

I'm like Yeah?

Yeah.

Yeah?

Yeah.

So I had some fun with that. 30 bucks for a mechanical methodical hj. Seems pretty much any place offers extras and they're everywhere. Suppose to go back to Yeah and pay the balance of 300k Dong. Like an idiot I didn't have enough on me.

A couple days earlier I arived at my hotel in Saigon at 3am and went for a walk on backpackers street (Bui Vien). The place was lively as hell. The girls seem much more willing at 3 or 4 am than in the afternoon when I met Yeah also on Bui Vien.

sudsy

Anyone have any intel on Hoi An? Here on holidays and cant even get a happy ending with so many massage places around.

Villo you aren't very active but it would be nice to hear how Hoi An went. If I could of been a fly on the wall after all those massages and then with nothing extra.

Villo

Villo you aren't very active but it would be nice to hear how Hoi An went. If I could of been a fly on the wall after all those massages and then with nothing extra.

Sudsy I had no luck in HoiAn. I tried about 5 different massage places and all legit no tackle tickle no hj.

Had better luck in Hanoi and Saigon. Happy endings everywhere.

Edited by Villo

zmth

wow great trip report. Like the details you go into.

Yea but don't you think that is a bit over the top . In a way it is good but mainly for people who don't mind spending big bucks like this OP - it does tend to make things more expensive for travelers and those who want any kind of bargain. Then the locals look at any white people as an easy mark willing to part with large sums of money when one does not have to.