todd2rip

Vietnam 101

Edge

Wow!

Hi Todd. I'm sure I remember you saying you don't do TRs and then you come out with this lol.

This looks like the definitive HCMC guide to me and certainly newbies going there could do a lot worse than follow directly in your footsteps - subject to their budget of course.

From the way you prepared for this trip and the way you've reported it, we can guess why you're successful in your career and can afford to do it all the way you did.

I'm afraid my own budget was running down and, with Pattaya in sight I was downright lazy in HCMC. In fact, after reading this, did I even go there?

I have no time for people lecturing others on how you should spend your own money.

I also totally understand how difficult it would be to come up with pics such as one can get so easily in Pattaya, so well done for this one.

post-13261-0-74470000-1289110807.jpg

Excellent report and thoroughly recommended reading.

My only criticism is that the size of some of the pics and maps (as wide as 5440 pixels vs a max of 800 on my resolution) made it almost inaccessible to me here on my Hutch dongle. I don't know how long it took to open Page 1. After an hour I went to bed and left it grinding overnight. Not everyone on a slow connection will do that and it would be a shame for them to miss it. In the case of the maps I understand it makes them more usable, but a link might have been a better option.

Thanks a lot and well done.

todd2rip

Wow!

I remember you saying you don't do TRs and then you come out with this lol.

This looks like the definitive HCMC guide to me:

I also totally understand how difficult it would be to come up with pics such as one can get so easily in Pattaya, so well done for this one.

My only criticism is that the size of some of the pics and maps slow connection will do that and it would be a shame for them to miss it. In the case of the maps I understand it makes them more usable, but a link might have been a better option.

Hey Edge... Sawadee ! ! !

I still don't have any plans to come to Pattaya in the near future, but when I do, I still owe you and your buddy a night on the town...or at least a bar hop including a trip to see Pui.

Just got back yesterday from PI...not sure if I'll do a trip report....it's been done plenty before.

Getting to the reply:

As I was researching for my trip to Vietnam/HCMC,

I found it quite difficult and time consuming trying to find useful, valuable, current, and reliable information about a mongering :) vacation/trip.

Once I had completed my research to make my vacation a hopefully successful one,

I knew that due to what was out there in the forums and through my own experience prior to the trip/ as I was completing my research, I knew I had to write up a TR that would help others like myself and also for those who were on the fence about going to HCMC....that was the reason why I chose to write up a TR. (most times I dont do a TR).

Pictures: Yes, difficult to get photos, but as I closed in on the end of the trip, I realized that there are ways around/ways to get photos out of the girl.

I am sure next trip, photos will not be a problem.

Loading times: Sorry, I forget at times, that people either have slow computers or slow connections at times.

The main thing I was trying to accomplish was providing useuful business cards and maps that one could actually use.

You are right about the links, but not only did I not think about that prior, I dont know how to add a link....maybe someone could ping me the directions for future use.

take care Edge/everyone else.

todd2rip

hetangyuese

very nice informative report. I especially like the slim girl. :GoldenSmile1:

Dragon998

Very well done, very precise, excellent info. May be in Vietnam in the next couple of weeks...will check it out. Thanks

RAM8

Great TR.. Enjoyed reading it. Forgive my ignorance, how much for ST/LT?

001_Thank_You5.gif

outshineme77

Thanks a very good read, your made it on my to do lists.

Dr.B

Awesome post, I've been to HCMC twice and barely touched what you acheived. I wish I'd been able to read this 5 years ago. It's a place I've never thought of going to again, but now, who knows.....

bambuddah

Excellent trip report! I travel to Vietnam quite a few times a year for my work, but night time entertainment has usually been taken care of by my business host. I always thought of Vietnam having a bit of an underground mongering scene compared to Thailand.

On the beer bars like 49, 51, 91 etc. you mentioned a $30usd barfine to take out the girls. What type of tip do they usually expect in the morning?

flioflop

@ Todd2rip

Thanxxxx very much for your effort !!!!!!!!!!

You should definetly be given the Viet-Tourism-Promo-Medal of the first order!

:Grin_Jump1: :Grin_Jump1: :Grin_Jump1: :Grin_Jump1: :Grin_Jump1: :Grin_Jump1: :Grin_Jump1: :Grin_Jump1: :Grin_Jump1: :Grin_Jump1: :Grin_Jump1: :Grin_Jump1: :Grin_Jump1: :Grin_Jump1: :Grin_Jump1: :Grin_Jump1: :Grin_Jump1: :Grin_Jump1:

the_kon

very good TR, but the some pics are too big.. my pc hanged few times..IMHO pics with great megapixel should be resize to just 20%.. anyway its a good TR.. hope to see more pics of the stunning girls mentioned. :D

Shuggy

Spectacular info on Hoo Chi!!

Ive done a fair bit of mongering in Vung Tau but never played in Saigon. With the help of this thread i definately will in April. You de man!!

The Serpent

Fantastic trip report Todd2rip :Clap9:

You've gone above and beyond providing this information

I have started taking notes :Chokdee:

lolex

Very, very good TR. Now HCMC is on my wish list.... hard to find good info like you've given us ! Thank you !!

trandung1

Very detailed TR - thanks.

Beach road__ #1 Fan

This is a quality trip report.

A must, STICKY!

p0rns7ar

Great read, definitely very informative for my trip in May.

A little off topic though, has anyone herd of Ah Sam? It's the guy who runs tour69.net - he's sort of like a local pimp who deals with international clients, Singaporean dude that can speak good English. There's definitely a p4p scene and ST places with a nice selection of girls to choose from however they wont serve any new customers unless they check you out (or if Sam's guys took u there) and know your a punter for sure.

stevensonn

Well detailed trip report . Man you could have written a bestseller , very interesting read

cr8vnazns

wow, great report. It's funny i stayed at the indochine on hbt, and didn't realize of all the beer bars were around. I did have some girls take me around, but were just friends and didn't drink or anything like that. I did go to Apocalypse and met some girls and drank with them. Than i went to another small night club, i was so drunk at that point i don't know where i was, and ended alone in my hotel room . Another night one of my viet friend too me, what look like a hostess bar night club, something that looks like from japan or taiwan. It was very expensive for drinking and didn't ask the price for a girl, since i was with one already. I was only in HCMC for 2 nights than went to the beach resort Nha Trang.

EarlyBird

Thank you for one of the best trip reports I've ever read. It was full of great info which I'll use later this year when I get to SGN.

I wasn't aware that there was so much action there and hotels that accomodate us.

See you in HCMC.

Mr Wombat

Thats the most detailed trip report I have read. well done

yokoono

Amazing report, but I too would like to know what he tipped the girls in the morning. I am 100% locked for Saigon later this year and unlike my last trip, I want to get the full treatment.

dtyolmn

Great TR, thanks for taking your time and add ing this. Very educational. Greatly appreciated.

pattaya bound

Thanks for the TR. This has helped me out lots. Wanted to go to Hanoi but looks like its not as easy to find P4P. Will take HCMC in consideration. Might only be there for a week. Will use this time as a time out from Pattaya for my long time trip.

stud muffin1234

AWESOME REPORT DUDE

:Bow::05::Get_Room: