Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Singapore Airlines A380

Thaihot

Spoke with Singapore airlines on Friday about flying London to Bangkok via Singapore.

£800 for the flights & times I want & my other requirment flying LHR-SIN on the Airbus A380 both out bound & return.

Spoke to them at great length as I am a Airline & flight Gik. :GoldenSmile1:

They did confirm as I have a gold card with ROP Royal Orchid Plus with Thai airways who are also a member of the same alliance, Star Alliance I can have not the economy 20KG of luggage but 40 KG as with Thai Airways who give 30KG as standard & 10KG extra if you have a Gold card.

Sad new is a standard of 20KG for persons with a economy seat is piss poor in this day & age, Singapore airlines has shocked me.

Giks always learn. HA HA.

:001_Thank_You5:

Spoke with Singapore airlines on Friday about flying London to Bangkok via Singapore.

£800 for the flights & times I want & my other requirment flying LHR-SIN on the Airbus A380 both out bound & return.

They did confirm as I have a gold card with ROP Royal Orchid Plus with Thai airways who are also a member of the same alliance, Star Alliance I can have not the economy 20KG of luggage but 40 KG as with Thai Airways who give 30KG as standard & 10KG extra if you have a Gold card.

Sad new is a standard of 20KG for persons with a economy seat is piss poor in this day & age, Singapore airlines has shocked me.

That is bad for singapore airlines.

I fly with them to/from australia several times a year and think they are great. Their members rewards program must the best in the world. I can usually get enough points for 2 free business trips to/from aussie a year. They always poll very high on best airline awards.

Farang = Walking ATM. TG's push the right buttons and money comes out. PIN = BBBJ

20KG allowance on your suit case on Singapore airlines is poor.

Emirates was 20KG & last year they went up to a real allowance of 30 KG.

I am shocked that a top Airline like Singapore has a 20 KG allowance with economy ticket.

Next week I am going to book a ticket & fly on the A380 on the upper deck & hit Bangkok, Angeles city & may be a few days in Pattaya.

Suitcase?  Checked-in?  Nah.  If I can't carry it on, it's not coming with me!

Laundry is cheap. Clothes are cheap.   Why bother with luggage?

£800 for economy?if u want a380 go with emirates for 500,

href="/monthly_10_2009/post-1-125681518559.png">post-1-125681518559.png

£800 for economy?if u want a380 go with emirates for 500,

Mate all 4 flights with Emirates was over £700. economy.

With Singapore Airlines I can sleep & not have to swap aircraft half way as well as collect Star Alliance points with my Gold card ROP Thai Airways.

Will post pics & I hope the engine is ok on the A380 Double decker Airbus.

This is going to piss you off!

i travelled return to BKK with Singapore Airlines last year on the top deck of the A380, got to tell you it was the best economy experience i have ever had, seating, avod and service second to none, all for the princely sum of £340.00 return.

1 recommendation though is to book through Singaporeairlines.com then you can pre-choose your seats. On the top deck of the a380 there are about 15 extra legroom seats that are avialable for an extra $50 per sector, these are ideal if you are on an overnight flight. The 4 seats 2 either side of the bulkhead between economy and business and next to the exit can be recommended.

Also about the baggage allowance we managed to take golf clubs and luggage at about 24kg. The check in desk informed us that they have some leeway and dont rigorously enforce the allowance as do some (EVA). You are also allowed 7.5kg carry on plus a laptop.

Would travel Singapore Airlines everytime if the price was condusive. You will enjoy your flight even though it is little pricey.

Have a good one

This is going to piss you off!

i travelled return to BKK with Singapore Airlines last year on the top deck of the A380, got to tell you it was the best economy experience i have ever had, seating, avod and service second to none, all for the princely sum of £340.00 return.

1 recommendation though is to book through Singaporeairlines.com then you can pre-choose your seats. On the top deck of the a380 there are about 15 extra legroom seats that are avialable for an extra $50 per sector, these are ideal if you are on an overnight flight. The 4 seats 2 either side of the bulkhead between economy and business and next to the exit can be recommended.

Also about the baggage allowance we managed to take golf clubs and luggage at about 24kg. The check in desk informed us that they have some leeway and dont rigorously enforce the allowance as do some (EVA). You are also allowed 7.5kg carry on plus a laptop.

Would travel Singapore Airlines everytime if the price was condusive. You will enjoy your flight even though it is little pricey.

Have a good one

Thanks for the info & tips. :GoldenSmile1: