IGNORED

Sandy spring hotel

feelus

Hi,

still trying to make my mind up as to whether I should come to patts for a week over new years (finding it hard to justify the price with flights at aud$2000 and accommodation on the rise given the peak season and the fact that I have not booked in advance).

I really want to stay at lk Renaissance but the only rooms they have available are the deluxe rooms and at 5,000 baht a night it is too steep for my budget. I'm looking for something around the 3,000 baht range and think the sandy spring hotel on soi13 looks good (deluxe room). A good wifi connection is important to me so I was wondering if anyone could shed any insight as to what the connection is like? I have previously stayed next door at the dynasty inn and the wifi was free but may aswell have been non-existant it was so slow

Hi,

still trying to make my mind up as to whether I should come to patts for a week over new years (finding it hard to justify the price with flights at aud$2000 and accommodation on the rise given the peak season and the fact that I have not booked in advance).

I really want to stay at lk Renaissance but the only rooms they have available are the deluxe rooms and at 5,000 baht a night it is too steep for my budget. I'm looking for something around the 3,000 baht range and think the sandy spring hotel on soi13 looks good (deluxe room). A good wifi connection is important to me so I was wondering if anyone could shed any insight as to what the connection is like? I have previously stayed next door at the dynasty inn and the wifi was free but may aswell have been non-existant it was so slow

When I stayed there in 2008 the wifi was average, but it was dependent on where in the room I was. The receiver was in the hallway and the connection was ok from parts of my room but very poor from other parts.

:Download1::Hate_Computer::Download1:

nice--%C3%A0-classe_medium.jpg

In Thailand money talks and I am all talk.

I found the wifi at sandy springs to be both expensive and not very quick... Just my two cents though

Agreed, expensive and average speed....

Go to a hotel where it is free,IE: August Suites,better hotel and it is the same price as SS

the room wifi is poor and goes off for days on end they have 3 computers in the lobby that are good.they put 500b a night surcharge on rooms from 15 dec to 15 jan thats why this year i moved to lk renaissance.internet free here but its not that great sometimes ok and sometimes not

the room wifi is poor and goes off for days on end they have 3 computers in the lobby that are good.they put 500b a night surcharge on rooms from 15 dec to 15 jan thats why this year i moved to lk renaissance.internet free here but its not that great sometimes ok and sometimes not

yeah I saw the 500 baht surcharge it's not until you click on reservations that it pops up. I do like a good wifi connection cos I like to laze in bed with my itouch and surf the net. August Suites seems booked out aswell. Maybe I should just go to dynasty inn...basic accommodation but cheap at 1,480 baht per night

Hi,

Morning,

take a look at the 'sunbeam' on soi 8 some nice rooms there and the hotel is pretty good as well

F1rich

Sandy Springs routers are shit. The signal strength ebbs and flows and is not reliable. If the signal is OK the speed is not bad. If you book tell them you want a room with a good wifi signal. The front desk staff are keen but they can't help much. If you have an issue demand to speak to Ms Warin who is usually there in the mornings....she needs a charisma transplant but if you get the message across she can make sure the routers work well.

• 3 weeks later...

Sandy Springs routers are shit. The signal strength ebbs and flows and is not reliable. If the signal is OK the speed is not bad. If you book tell them you want a room with a good wifi signal. The front desk staff are keen but they can't help much. If you have an issue demand to speak to Ms Warin who is usually there in the mornings....she needs a charisma transplant but if you get the message across she can make sure the routers work well.

I had the same problem with the routers at Sandy Spring. I think they only have one per floor and if you're not in a room close to the lifts then the signal is poor. A year ago they had a free wi-fi promotion but now they are back to charging (and if you forget to log off you use up all your credit). Shame, because otherwise the hotel is OK.

My experience last summer for 51 days at Sandy Springs was the exact opposite of the above. The wi fi worked well and efficient. SS has a deal where you can get wi fi at 600 baht for 24 hours. However, once you log out, the time stops. Thus you might log in again and have 23 hours and 4 seconds remaining. Yes, they time right down to the second. You have to ask for this. IMHO the hotel is very well run. I have been staying there for 5 years now and will stay there again on my next trip.

• 1 month later...

Stayed at the Sandy Spring again last week and on check-in was given slips for one hour free wi-fi per day's stay. That's enough for me as I just want to check my e-mail twice a day. Reception in my room on the 8th floor was good. Have stayed at this hotel for many years now and will continue to do so.