IGNORED

Sawasdee Sea View - Soi 10

Chief General

Can't really find much about this hotel on 10 - seems to be reasonably priced for this Xmas coming,

Wondering if anyone has any info/reviews/thoughts on it.

Thanks,

ipUTkd7VLymwJ.gif

I've never stayed there but had a look once when i was staying at Eastiny Residence soi 10. I thought it was not bad for the price but i wanted a hotel with a pool.

If you go too Agoda.com they have many reviews on this hotel.

Hi,

I was just at the sea view last week. If you book the $15 a night room, you will be unhappy, it's a moldy closet. You really have to get a room in the new wing and it's not so bad, but I think $25 a night or so. I would not book through Agoda, but try to deal with them directly. Get a room on the upper floors with a view in the new wing. Breakfast is not too good, but edible, and there's construction across the street. It's cheap though, and is close to the beer bars, soi 7 and beach road, Walking Street is a hike, but you can catch a baht bus for a buck. So, if you more budget conscious, it's closer to the less expensive areas and girls. I ended up in the hospital and guys brought my clothes and stuff to me, so they are nice, it's just you get what you pay for. If you stay, leave the maid a dollar a day and she will clean you room spotlessly and be very happy! The laundry shop down the street does a great job on your clothes too. The bottom line is you get what you pay for, that's for sure and seaview is a budget hotel. Next time I go, I will want to stay somewhere with a pool. If you want more amenities and a nicer place, you might try sandy springs. I was going to stay there when I got out of the hospital, but left for BKK.

Cheers,

Bonehead

Hi,

I was just at the sea view last week. If you book the $15 a night room, you will be unhappy, it's a moldy closet. You really have to get a room in the new wing and it's not so bad, but I think $25 a night or so. I would not book through agoda, but try to deal with them directly. Get a room on the upper floors with a view in the new wing. Breakfast is not too good, but edible, and there's construction across the street. It's cheap though, and is close to the beer bars, soi 7 and beach road, walking street is a hike, but you can catch a baht bus for a buck. So, if you more budget conscious, it's closer to the less expensive areas and girls. I ended up in the hospital and guys brought my clothes and stuff to me, so they are nice, it's just you get what you pay for. If you stay, leave the maid a dollar a day and she will clean you room spotlessly and be very happy! The laundry shop down the street does a great job on your clothes too. The bottom line is you get what you pay for, that's for sure and seaview is a budget hotel. Next time I go, I will want to stay somewhere with a pool. If you want more amenities and a nicer place, you might try sandy springs. I was going to stay there when I got out of the hospital, but left for BKK.

Cheers,

Bonehead

Thanks for the replies guys,

ipUTkd7VLymwJ.gif

The Superior & Deluxe rooms are nice, the old standard rooms not so nice. Otherwise an OK place to stay, and great location.

Have you read the forum rules?

Please resize your photos!

Sitting here now in this bar for hours,

whilst strange men rent strange flowers,

I'll be picking up your petals in another few hours...

I've stayed there a few times and liked it. Best way I found to book it' is right through Sawasdee . com.

The Superior & Deluxe rooms are nice, the old standard rooms not so nice. Otherwise an OK place to stay, and great location.

Would you say it's worth 30,000 baht!? (16nights) xmas

It's the location that I'm best interested in.. 10 is just where I like to be

I've stayed there a few times and liked it. Best way I found to book it' is right through Sawasdee . com.

Just looked coming up at 30,000 for 16 night

..Think I'm going to look for value elswhere, thanks all

ipUTkd7VLymwJ.gif

Nah, 2k a night is definitely too much, even over Christmas.

Have you read the forum rules?

Please resize your photos!

Sitting here now in this bar for hours,

whilst strange men rent strange flowers,

I'll be picking up your petals in another few hours...

• 1 month later...

Nah, 2k a night is definitely too much, even over Christmas.

Stayed here in august but had to get out after 3 nights as they were piledriving on the plot next door and THUD THUD THUD at 8am when you have a hangover isn't really the best way to spend your holiday. It's a cheap charlie hotel and the rooms are old and bedraggled. Switched to Flipper House on soi 7 and had a great time as it's close to everything with plenty of beerbars etc at 1000 baht a night including a buffet breakfast and modern rooms. Hard to beat.

try the sawadee siam,off second road,big purple hotel,cheap,guest friendly,a pool,by Devils Den erea

did try sawadee sea vies,its two hotels,old one,that sucks,and new one,very nice,if you can get it

try the sawadee web site,they got hotels in bangers too

any hotel in patts is only a baht bus ride away,i have been east pattaya,middle pattaya,west pattaya,and nakula

all good,if got 10 baht for the bus,or a bike

i have even stayed jontien,over the hill

can bus it or bike it,not a prob

sawadee is shaging hotel,see the line up of bar fines as every one goes back to loom,funny as hell

see what they chooses,young and old,big and small,all waiting for the lift,big grins

well if you need the sea view,then ask for the new wing,reserve a room,old wing sucks