IGNORED

Which class do you fly ?

juniordk

I am business class man myself :Flying:

nice--%C3%A0-classe_medium.jpg

In Thailand money talks and I am all talk.

Depends on the cashflow, bonusmiles, free upgrade and/or my willingness to spend but I rather not prefer to mix with the rif-raf so usually Pre-ec or Biz!

Johnny Wilde

CEO - Heavydrinking Hardcore Mongers Union of Pattaya

"You only pass through this life once, you never come back for encores!" - Elvis Presley

"You guys took "normal mongering" and shot it full of nitroglycerin and then set a match to it" - thumper63

I fly cheap and book cattle class - I do, however, have an alarmingly high rate of getting free business class upgrades

Cattle class all the way for me. Might be tempted for a economy+ if not extortionate, but the extra £600-800 quid I could spend on a business class ticket is better employed on landing.

For me, the cheapest, the better. Not necessary a matter of money, but I have such good sleeping pills !!!

Anyhow, every baht saved will be spend in Pattaya...

I fly cheap and book cattle class - I do, however, have an alarmingly high rate of getting free business class upgrades

555 - I fly pretty regularly, mainly for work. A mixture of long haul around Europe interspersed with the occasional trip to the states. In addition I've flown to Asia, India, Mexico etc.. for holidays.

Because of this I regularly fly in a business suit (but always in economy), and I have never – I repeat never – been offered a free upgrade!!

What's the trick?

Maybe I'm not so hansom man :)

I am business class man myself :Flying:

:GoldenSmile1: Yes i do so love the cabin crew in first and business class

cheers chris :GiveBeer1:

1st class.jpg

Wriggley Tin 1

Careful of that one Chris50, I think she's a ladyboy – look at the size of her hands! :rolleyes:

555 - I fly pretty regularly, mainly for work. A mixture of long haul around Europe interspersed with the occasional trip to the states. In addition I've flown to Asia, India, Mexico etc.. for holidays.

Because of this I regularly fly in a business suit (but always in economy), and I have never – I repeat never – been offered a free upgrade!!

What's the trick?

Maybe I'm not so hansom man :)

I generally arrive well before the check in counter opens and am first in line, I think this helps as if they are looking to upgrade, first can help

I dress neat but casual (no shorts, tshirts, flip-flops)

The routes i fly tend to be oversold in economy, so they are usually going to upgrade a few people

I doesn't hurt to ask when checking in - most people that whine to me about never getting an upgrade have simply never asked!

If there are flight problems, drastic over-booking or other unforseen events, volunteer to change to a later flight with a free upgrade

I am only a 'hansum man' in LOS, so my looks get me nowhere otherwise, but I do have the gift of the gab, and I think I manage to endear myself to the check-in guy/girl so they are more likely to upgrade me

I'd say I get upgraded on about 25-30% of my international flights this way

I generally arrive well before the check in counter opens and am first in line, I think this helps as if they are looking to upgrade, first can help

I dress neat but casual (no shorts, tshirts, flip-flops)

The routes i fly tend to be oversold in economy, so they are usually going to upgrade a few people

I doesn't hurt to ask when checking in - most people that whine to me about never getting an upgrade have simply never asked!

If there are flight problems, drastic over-booking or other unforseen events, volunteer to change to a later flight with a free upgrade

I am only a 'hansum man' in LOS, so my looks get me nowhere otherwise, but I do have the gift of the gab, and I think I manage to endear myself to the check-in guy/girl so they are more likely to upgrade me

I'd say I get upgraded on about 25-30% of my international flights this way

Thanks for the tips.

I'm probably guilty of not asking for the upgrade. I shall make a concerted effort in future.

I always ask. Once at the counter and once prior to boarding. Always be aware of the surroundings. If you are line and every person is begging for an upgrade you need to act fast on your feet.

It works sometimes, others you just get the shrug. I wish I had the answer.

I am a fat kid in a sweet shop, I just cannot choose and want it all.

A friend of mine has a slightly different technique

A few years ago he had a knee reconstruction after a motocross accident, during recovery he wore a carbon-fiber knee brace which is very light and takes up very little room in his luggage.

Upon arriving at the airport he puts on the brace and during check-in asks for an aisle seat as he 'cant bend his leg' and will need to have it sticking out into the aisle. Of course the check-in attendant informs him that this isn't possible as the aisle needs to be free of obstructions, so he automatically gets an upgrade, either to a seat with better leg room, or to business class.

Once he has has his upgrade, the brace comes off and he flies in comfort.

Careful of that one Chris50, I think she's a ladyboy – look at the size of her hands! :rolleyes:

:001_Thank_You5: Cheers barfly but he or she is better than the one in economy

cheers chris :GoldenSmile1:

2ndclass.jpg

Wriggley Tin 1

I fly economy as I only have a 7 hour flight but I can understand why you might want business class for a long haul journey.

I usually fly Thai as they fly a good service but sometimes I fly the budget airlines purely because of the departure and arrival times, it isn't about money it is about more time in LOS

I always ask. Once at the counter and once prior to boarding. Always be aware of the surroundings. If you are line and every person is begging for an upgrade you need to act fast on your feet.

It works sometimes, others you just get the shrug. I wish I had the answer.

A lot depends on the airline.

Anything over 5 hours, it's got to be business or above. Had the miles this time to do first. Interestingly enough, I'm going through Europe and only have 1 stop each way DFW-FRA-BKK. The only other 1 stop flight from Dallas going westbound was only about 1-2 hours less total traveling/layover time.

:001_Thank_You5: Cheers barfly but he or she is better than the one in economy

cheers chris :GoldenSmile1:

Maybe you fly the wrong airlines Chris!

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lqh8e2KYIrU?fs=1&hl=en_GB"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lqh8e2KYIrU?fs=1&hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lqh8e2KYIrU?fs=1&hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

Within Europe or any other short haul flight I fly economy. For long haul it has to be business, preferably EVA or Thai for Thailand.

I remember the first time I went to Thailand me and my mate flew Bangladeshi Biman economy class.... Heathrow - Franfurt - Dubai - Dakar - Myanmar - Bangkok. It was cheap, very cheap, which was we needed at the time. We almost cried when we saw the direct BA flight to Heathrow taking off from Bangkok, knowing that we still had an epic return journey in front of us. The only good thing was that all the meals were quite tasty currys.

ทำให้ไม่ชอบสงคราม

Business Class when I can. I use Singapore Airlines and they have a great rewards program and I usually have enough points for free BC flights

Farang = Walking ATM. TG's push the right buttons and money comes out. PIN = BBBJ

Maybe you fly the wrong airlines Chris

that is wonderfull but at my old age not my kind of music .OHH to be a young buck again .BUT back to the thread pepe i fly the airline for me

cheers buddy chris

sorry the other pic my son and his mates cant delete press wrong button

chris

!cid_1_923392769@web29613_mail_ird_yahoo.jpg

Wriggley Tin 1

sorry the other pic my son and his mates cant delete press wrong button

chris

Lol.

Chris, in the top right hand corner click on your name, then click 'manage attachments'. From there you can delete uploaded pics

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

I now only fly economy and book early enough to have my pick of any seat on the plane. I use seatguru.com to make sure its a good choice. I am tall so I really need leg room but my main priority is to get an aisle seat in a 2-seat section. don't mind flying but I find its an inconvenience whether I fly business class or economy and the difference in the level of inconvenience between the two - to me - is so little I don't see the point in just paying more for basically the same thing - about 18 hours of travel. I then can use my "savings" for other things. If it were only a few hundred dollars then of course I would always choose business class or higher - who wouldn't... but for me it's at least a few thousand usd extra and I have other things I would rather spend that money on.

Admittedly, I'm a 'miles whore' and through various scams can usually scrounge up enough miles for a trip to BKK in Biz 2X a year. Next week I'm in 1st on Cathay (on the Pacific legs). Fortunately, I got 100K miles for signing up for a Chase BA Visa which took care of 80% of the miles requirement. If I'm paying, it's always Eva Deluxe or Elite & a Xanax. BTW, I haven't seen a free upgrade to anybody without airline status in at least 10 years. It's as rare as a Unicorn IMO. Shit. these days, it's even hard to get an exit row without paying for it. wj

Edited by wackyjacky

I am a pretty frugal person but business class always seems worth it to me. Just so much more comfortable and quieter. Nowadays I have my wife in tow so I can't afford it like I used to. I'm trying to save up air miles for our next trip. I never felt like I wasted my money going biz class.

I almost always fly steerage. Why waste money I can spend on something better?