IGNORED

Can anyone help with a business topic?

DiamondGeezer

Can anyone help? I am now told that the shares I have owned in a company for 1 year, I now have been asked to pay for, I have never heard of it - has anyone else? I gained the shares when the company started with nothing. I am also told I have only 21 days to pay up 190,000 Baht, or they will be forfeited this means in one year they have taken the price of these shares from one Baht to 100 Baht, with no evidence of why! Please help!

I never got shown or given any evidence, that I was the owner of this shares, but by sending a communication to me is surely proof that I am an owner, therefore legally can they charge me for these shares? Also my other half is a 50% owner who is being asked 300,000 for her shares, but she is an owner,(she wants out- and the other shareholders agreed in April to a severance of 50,000TB, they have not paid!) Now they want complete control of company is this legal, surely it should be us offering the shares to them? The company is owned by my G/f and another female,(50%-50%) I own these shares because I helped set p the company,if we are share holders, can we not see these contracts by law here in Thailand? I always was of the understanding if shares went up in value, then the owner of them didn't have to pay this difference, and can a company that my G/F is 50% owner ask her to pay this amount without letting her see the books? I have a feeling that these prices are totally fictitious, also is there a time limit on shares, and shouldn't we have been given a copy of this to keep? I would value any input from forum members -thanks.

I wanted to put this in the business section- but I am not allowed to post there :-(

Clivemh

I wanted to put this in the business section- but I am not allowed to post there :-(

The Business owners section is more for business owners who wish to promote their business on the forum, not really for queries such as this. I think it is fine where it is.

Good luck finding some answers.

Welcome to the forum.

Strange situation mate . Get yourself a decent lawyer , one that speaks English well ( not one recommended by a Thai not even by your GF

to avoid the lawyer is into this ) . Wait with payment till the last moment , once paid you'll never see back the money .

I hope for you the ladies aren't setting you up but it has a little bit the smell of it .

Chok dee .

i know nothing about your questions asked but it sounds a bit like a set-up

best advice is to get a good lawyer, and good luck

This is so obviously a total scam. Do not send money.

Offer to sell them your shares and see what happens.

When shares go up in value it is profit for the share holder. Not the other way around.

Can anyone help? I am now told that the shares I have owned in a company for 1 year, I now have been asked to pay for, I have never heard of it - has anyone else? I gained the shares when the company started with nothing. I am also told I have only 21 days to pay up 190,000 Baht, or they will be forfeited this means in one year they have taken the price of these shares from one Baht to 100 Baht, with no evidence of why! Please help!

I never got shown or given any evidence, that I was the owner of this shares, but by sending a communication to me is surely proof that I am an owner, therefore legally can they charge me for these shares? Also my other half is a 50% owner who is being asked 300,000 for her shares, but she is an owner,(she wants out- and the other shareholders agreed in April to a severance of 50,000TB, they have not paid!) Now they want complete control of company is this legal, surely it should be us offering the shares to them? The company is owned by my G/f and another female,(50%-50%) I own these shares because I helped set p the company,if we are share holders, can we not see these contracts by law here in Thailand? I always was of the understanding if shares went up in value, then the owner of them didn't have to pay this difference, and can a company that my G/F is 50% owner ask her to pay this amount without letting her see the books? I have a feeling that these prices are totally fictitious, also is there a time limit on shares, and shouldn't we have been given a copy of this to keep? I would value any input from forum members -thanks.

A lot more information is needed before a correct answer can be given. However normally the act that proves you are a shareholes is 1) That you have the share in possission 2)That you are registred in the shareholder book - this requires that you have set your signature once. I sence that you have been a participant in a Thai company ( you say help setting up) if you at the time have signed a shareholders agreement, then you are offcause bound by it , but you should also have a copy or the right to see it. Depending on the shareholders agreement you can be asked to pay more money if f.i.e the capital is gone or the company needs more funds, it all depends on the shareholders agreement. I would like to warn everybody "do not give your signature" to a company for "help". If you are a registred owner you are responsabel for the acts of the company.

In this case it be be a scam and under all circumstances go see a lawyer or an accountant.

Good luck!

• 1 year later...

EVERYTHING in Thailand works that way. Get used to it and my advice is don't try to do any business here.

Tony Justice,

Magna Carta Law Office,

Pattaya Tai.

ASAP

I never got shown or given any evidence, that I was the owner of this shares, but by sending a communication to me is surely proof that I am an owner, therefore legally can they charge me for these shares?

How is that? To own something, you should at least have signed some papers.

EVERYTHING in Thailand works that way. Get used to it and my advice is don't try to do any business here.

agree