Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Sending emails fom Pattaya - Hotels list

arak.72

Hi All,

I depend on my email and I like to send emails from my laptop.

When I was at LK Rennaisance they had a nasty ISP (CAT) who blocked my emails.

Googling suggested to put ISP's SMTP server:

http://www.phuket-data-wizards.com/en/adsl.php

,and same was advice from hotel staff, but it doesn't work since they require authentication.

Maybe someone can tell me what can be done? Maybe CAT have some other alternative port which they don't block (25 is blocked)

Might be good to make a list of hotels which you can / cannot send your emails from.

I'll start:

1) LK Renaissance. Cant send emails. The only nasty solution is to go to my hosting provider's web based interface.

Who's next, who's got better experience?

Nanren bu huai, nuren bu ai.

Do you have an email address with your home ISP as opposed to a generic hotmail / gmail account ? I had the same problem on my last trip with O2 blocking my emails as the requests were coming from a foreign server - it's heavy-handed spam protection. Unfortunately, if this is the case, there is probably little you can do. My ISP sent some advice on ports etc., but it didn't resolve anything and required a fair amount of work to resolve when I returned to the UK. I was advised by my ISP (and many others) to grab hotmail / gmail accounts as they were less problematic when travelling.

It's unlikely that it was LK Renaissance or CAT telecom. It's more likely that it was your own ISP not allowing you to send emails from outside their network.

I've had no problems with both Hotmail and my home ISP's WebMail server from:

Pattaya Bay Resort

Areca Lodge

Metro Apartments

Queen Victoria Inn

I'm not sure what ISP these places are using, and they are a slight bit slow or intermittent at times. But, generally, no problem.

Bakwan

Ive had no issues at PBR, Centata or Baywalk.

Farang = Walking ATM. TG's push the right buttons and money comes out. PIN = BBBJ

Do you have an email address with your home ISP as opposed to a generic hotmail / gmail account ? I had the same problem on my last trip with O2 blocking my emails as the requests were coming from a foreign server - it's heavy-handed spam protection. Unfortunately, if this is the case, there is probably little you can do. My ISP sent some advice on ports etc., but it didn't resolve anything and required a fair amount of work to resolve when I returned to the UK. I was advised by my ISP (and many others) to grab hotmail / gmail accounts as they were less problematic when travelling.

I have two POP emails, one from my ISP www.tpg.com.au and one is from my own domain hosted by www.crazydomains.com.au

Now the tpg.com.au can be a bit capricious, that's fine but my own hosting works and worked from anywhere in the world, until I got to LK Rennaisance.

Sometimes it asks to put the local ISP's outgoing SMTP server, but here it didn't help.

Edited by arak.72

It's unlikely that it was LK Renaissance or CAT telecom. It's more likely that it was your own ISP not allowing you to send emails from outside their network.

Definitely CAT Telecom, or their configuration at LK Ren. My hosting allows me to send emails via any outgoing mail server of any ISP, checked many times in many countries, including in BKK.

Sure, but I don't want to use Webmail, I want to use my Windows Live Mail (Outlook Express), the POP mail.

• 1 month later...

Pattaya Bay Resort

Areca Lodge

Metro Apartments

Queen Victoria Inn

I'm not sure what ISP these places are using, and they are a slight bit slow or intermittent at times. But, generally, no problem.

Bakwan

Hi guys,

I'd also add to this list the pig and whistle and flipper hotel on so1 7 plus the stags head around by LK Metro for easy wifi reception.

Hope this helps you.

F1rich.

• 1 month later...

Updating:

From LK Rennaisance you CAN send emails via your own server. BUT - you should be connected via Wi-Fi and not Ethernet cable. Maybe slower, but better!

Wi-Fi - you don't need to change any of your settings, email will just work fine on outgoing messages.

This hotel has moved up from 7.5 to 9~9.5 on my personal scale.

Edited by arak.72

No issues at

Sabai Resort

Nova Platinum

Secrets

Nova Suites

Veiw Talay Villas

I've worked at all of these without any email issues

Many ISPs now block port 25. But that isnt the problem at all. It's up to your ISP to provide an alternative port for their own authorised SMTP server so that you can use it from anywhere without difficulty or reconfiguration. They should use secure servers also.

If they dont offer an alternative port then they are basically a crap outfit and you should ditch them, or switch to an email address that doesnt have anything to do with your ISP.

Webmail of course works from anywhere, but who in his right mind would want to use webmail?

Gmail offer a free full IMAP service with a secure SMTP server on a port other than 25 and this works everywhere as well, though admittedly their IMAP implementation is non-standard and doesnt work quite the way it should on most email clients.

Edited by Darrel