Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Help me out with a Bangkok Hotel ?

Thaihot

Guys will hit Bangkok before the end of 2010.

Please advice me & tell me what hotel I should stay at for 3 or 5 nights ????

No budjet just let me know what is in your opinion the best hotel I should stay at to have a good time, a great stay & I am a monger with 2 mates who are also Pro Mongers. HA HA. :GoldenSmile1:

Advice & recomend please.

I do not want a 5 star hotel, ok.

Thanks in advance.

:001_Thank_You5:

Guys will hit Bangkok before the end of 2010.

Please advice me & tell me what hotel I should stay at for 3 or 5 nights ????

No budjet just let me know what is in your opinion the best hotel I should stay at to have a good time, a great stay & I am a monger with 2 mates who are also Pro Mongers. HA HA. :GoldenSmile1:

Advice & recomend please.

I do not want a 5 star hotel, ok.

Thanks in advance.

Come on TH, how can we help you with those parameters ? More info please re: price, hood, room size, pool, gym, can walk a bit or need close to action etc. BTW, nothing wrong w/ the Dawin. If were you, I'd pick up a big 3 bdrm on Craigslist. We went that route last year and it was a blast ! wj

Edited by wackyjacky

Darwin is good stayed there before but what i think is better is the Dynasty Inn Grande

"And were you pleased?" they asked Helen in Hell.

"Pleased?" answered she,when all Troy's towers fell;

And dead were Priam´s sons, and lost his throne?

And such a war was fought as none had known;

And even the Gods took part; and all because

Of me alone! Pleased?

I should say I was!"

Lord Dunsany

Just booked heaven@4 for 3 nights early december. Never experienced nana plaza before hence my choice of location but the hotel itself looks v nice. I cant wait to 'test' the room out

Where I usually stay:

City Lodge Soi 19, for value and location. Near both MRT and BTS, across the street from the Westin. No pool but a

great value hotel for 1300-1400. Building doesn't look like much from the outside but rooms were renovated a few years

ago, are freshly painted with decent furnishings. Walk-in showers large enough to accommodate myself and two

GoGo girls. Managed by the Amari chain.

For a better room but 12-15 minute walk to Sukhumvit: CitiChic hotel on Soi 13. Same owners as Majestic Grande and Majestic Suites. Usually goes for 2500, but can sometimes book a deal for 1800-2000. Just a few blocks from Q-Bar.

Little more upscale, Grand Sukhumvit hotel on Soi 6. I usually book some stays in advance when Accor runs a sale (e.g. reserved NYE for 2000). Wouldn't eat at their seafood buffet again, got sick from the raw oysters last time.

Have posted many pics from these hotels in the 'smile' thread. :Grin3:

Retired

Yep Agree with Piece Corp on the Citichic. Love the place. Stayed in the Accor Grand Mercure Asoke Residence (formerly Sofitel) for about 2000 a few years back. It is guest friendly and the rooms are stunning. Have stayed in probably about 30 different hotels over the years and excluding the 5 star places such as the Oriental, these two for the price were excellent.

Elephants are really, really big compared to televisions....yet I saw a whole herd of 'em on my TV only yesterday..Go figure?
Oh..I nearly forgot..Ehhhh?

ALLEY

There are a plethora of hotels and guest houses in the monger areas.

Go to Agoda.com and search,

Near Soi Cowboy: Jasmine Executive Suites (great value for the money), guest friendly

Near Nana Plaza: Omni Towers Serviced Apts (big rooms and good value), guest friendly

I wouldn't stay near Patpong, but try the Wall Street Inn. I stayed there once and its crap. Just use it to get a map of the other hotels.

On Agoda, click on the map of the above hotels and it will display all the hotels nearby. There are literally 25+ in the vicinity.

Hope this helps.

Sex is like air, it's not important unless you aren't getting any

I've generaly stayed at NaNa hotel got everything right there. The massage girls at the bottom of the elevator are some of the best, of my limited experiance. 1495 per night now days

Why do you not want 5 star hotels, they are the best and that is what you want isn't it?

5 star hotels are to expensive for me.

Yes I love the best but just out of my budjet as I spend the money on the girls & good times. :GoldenSmile1:

Where I usually stay:City Lodge Soi 19, for value and location. Near both MRT and BTS, across the street from the Westin. No pool but agreat value hotel for 1300-1400. Building doesn't look like much from the outside but rooms were renovated a few yearsago, are freshly painted with decent furnishings. Walk-in showers large enough to accommodate myself and twoGoGo girls. Managed by the Amari chain.For a better room but 12-15 minute walk to Sukhumvit: CitiChic Hotel on Soi 13. Same owners as Majestic Grande and Majestic Suites. Usually goes for 2500, but can sometimes book a deal for 1800-2000. Just a few blocks from Q-Bar.Little more upscale, Grand Sukhumvit Hotel on Soi 6. I usually book some stays in advance when Accor runs a sale (e.g. reserved NYE for 2000). Wouldn't eat at their seafood buffet again, got sick from the raw oysters last time.Have posted many pics from these hotels in the 'smile' thread. :Grin3:

thanks PC for the advice.

Yep Agree with Piece Corp on the Citichic. Love the place. Stayed in the Accor Grand Mercure Asoke Residence (formerly Sofitel) for about 2000 a few years back. It is guest friendly and the rooms are stunning. Have stayed in probably about 30 different hotels over the years and excluding the 5 star places such as the Oriental, these two for the price were excellent.

Thanks AC, you have been around that is for sure. :GoldenSmile1:

There are a plethora of hotels and guest houses in the monger areas.Go to agoda.com and search,Near Soi Cowboy: Jasmine Executive Suites (great value for the money), guest friendlyNear Nana Plaza: Omni Towers Serviced Apts (big rooms and good value), guest friendlyI wouldn't stay near Patpong, but try the Wall Street Inn. I stayed there once and its crap. Just use it to get a map of the other hotels.On agoda, click on the map of the above hotels and it will display all the hotels nearby. There are literally 25+ in the vicinity.Hope this helps.

Thanks Agoda sure has a great selection.

I've generaly stayed at NaNa hotel got everything right there. The massage girls at the bottom of the elevator are some of the best, of my limited experiance. 1495 per night now days

Nana hotel ???? Thanks but no thanks.

Stayed there years back & it was one hell of a top class shit hole.

Normally stay at Le Fenix when in Bangkok. It is a semi smart boutique hotel with good amenities. Perhaps a little past it's prime, but friendly and well located. Should be around 2400 Baht per night.

http://www.lefenix-sukhumvit.com/

Thanks guys, any other hotels you can tip me of on or show me pics of quality rooms ?????

Thanks guys, any other hotels you can tip me of on or show me pics of quality rooms ?????

it would help i think if you could give an idea of what sort of prices your looking to pay

"And were you pleased?" they asked Helen in Hell.

"Pleased?" answered she,when all Troy's towers fell;

And dead were Priam´s sons, and lost his throne?

And such a war was fought as none had known;

And even the Gods took part; and all because

Of me alone! Pleased?

I should say I was!"

Lord Dunsany

it would help i think if you could give an idea of what sort of prices your looking to pay

2000/3000 baht I will pay but no more.

Normally stay at Le Fenix when in Bangkok. It is a semi smart boutique hotel with good amenities. Perhaps a little past it's prime, but friendly and well located. Should be around 2400 Baht per night.

http://www.lefenix-sukhumvit.com/

Barfly: You should look around a bit before you book. LF can be had for less than 1500 almost everywhere. This Summer it was selling in the 1200 range. I like it & Soi 11, but it's way too far from Suk for my tastes. Nest, the bar on the roof is pretty cool though. wj

Barfly: You should look around a bit before you book. LF can be had for less than 1500 almost everywhere. This Summer it was selling in the 1200 range. I like it & Soi 11, but it's way too far from Suk for my tastes. Nest, the bar on the roof is pretty cool though. wj

Interesting to hear Wackyjacky. I haven't stayed in BKK for almost two years, but prior to that mainly stayed at Le Fenix. Always booked direct with the hotel and I'm pretty sure 2400 was the going rate. Are you finding these cheap deals on third party websites or have their prices tumbled? At 1200 a night I'll be sure to get reaqainted when I'm back in February.

Edit{

You got me questioning my memory on this one so just visited the Le Fenix website, got a quote for a one night stay in early February and it still seems to be around 2400 baht approx - I'd be keen to know where the cheap prices can be found?}

Edited by Barfly

2000/3000 baht I will pay but no more.

I'm supposed to stay at the new 4 Points on 15. They've got a 1900 opening deal. Delayed and won't be open till Dec 1. Maybe try the new Raddisson Suites on 13. Opening special at 2100 - direct. Pachara Suites on 6 looks good too. If you don't need a pool, Kingston Suites on 15 is a steal at 1500, w/wifi & brekkie. Oh yeah, Tenface, in Ploenchit for 2000 looks saweeeeet ! wj

I'm supposed to stay at the new 4 Points on 15. They've got a 1900 opening deal. Delayed and won't be open till Dec 1. Maybe try the new Raddisson Suites on 13. Opening special at 2100 - direct. Pachara Suites on 6 looks good too. If you don't need a pool, Kingston Suites on 15 is a steal at 1500, w/wifi & brekkie. Oh yeah, Tenface, in Ploenchit for 2000 looks saweeeeet ! wj

Thanks for the advice & info.

Pachara suites on 6 have been praised by some members I recall.

Interesting to hear Wackyjacky. I haven't stayed in BKK for almost two years, but prior to that mainly stayed at Le Fenix. Always booked direct with the hotel and I'm pretty sure 2400 was the going rate. Are you finding these cheap deals on third party websites or have their prices tumbled? At 1200 a night I'll be sure to get reaqainted when I'm back in February.

Edit{

You got me questioning my memory on this one so just visited the Le Fenix website, got a quote for a one night stay in early February and it still seems to be around 2400 baht approx - I'd be keen to know where the cheap prices can be found?}

2400, really ? Where the Hell are you looking ? I've stayed there 3 times over the years and never paid more than 1600. It's 1500 on Agoda, 1350 on Sawadee, 1415 'Mystery Hotel' on WOTIF, 1499 on Latestays, and $48 on their own Accor website.LINK: http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/booking/hotels-list.shtml Accor will match any price you find out there. La Fenix is only worth $50. Lots of hotels newer, nicer, cheaper, and closer to Suk. wj

Thanks for the advice & info.

Pachara suites on 6 have been praised by some members I recall.

Maybe I can save you a little $$, it's $64 on Travelocity and there's some discount codes out there: $50 off $400 spend w/Amex - FALL50AMXH, $25 - CJU2010, & $25 - ThankYou25. Not sure, but I think the spend is $200 on the last 2. I'll be there too, if they don't get the 4 Points done. wj

Both Dynasty and the Nana are within crawling distance of the nightlife (Nana Entertainment Plaza, one skytrain stop to Soi Cowboy). Also, on those rare dry nights when the bars are closed the Nana car park turns into one huge pick up place. The Honey is all right for Cowboy. Just beware of the "haunted room". The BGs won't set foot in it. (The Nana has at least one such room too.)