IGNORED

Renting a car from bkk to the north

pattaya-dreamer

I want to rent a car preferably automatic for 3-4 days to travel to north of thailand, do you know the prices?? any trusted website/company from where i can rent it??

thanks

Edited by pattaya-dreamer

THE WEST IS DEAD LET'S JUST MOVE TO THE EAST!!

• 2 weeks later...

That must be very expensive. And, you can get lost on the roads. Usually we use public transportation.

• 3 weeks later...

I just rented a car to travel north from Patts on my last trip. I tried all the normal internet rental search engines and then just searched for "car rental pattaya". Found several places that had 4 door Vios or similar for 1,100 to 1,500 baht per day.

I was in Pattaya recently and walked into the National Car Rental office on Second Road. They have some good special prices for weekly/monthly rentals which are better than you would get on the worldwide National website. As an international company they would have a solid insurance program and be run professionally such that your should not expect any unpleasant surprises when returning the vehicle, have an accident, etc.

Suggest you check around in person once on the ground to see what is on offer. Of course if high season it may be less negotiable. Post your findings for us to have info for future use.

Common sense is not very common.

The main roads once outside of Pattaya/Bangkok are generally good and easy to navigate with a road map. Really not a problem, I have driven north,south, east and west, the worst experience I have had was to pay a speeding fine for doing 90k in a 120k area. That's because it had just been changed and no signs been put up yet :D funny, as it changed back to 120k after I had paid my 200 baht fine :rolleyes: at least the signs went up that time :wub:

Edited by Cerberus