IGNORED

Nokia N8 ?

Thaihot

Nokia N8 has just been put on the Worlds Markets is it any good ????

Many colours but is Nokia new 12 million pixel mobile touch screen any good ????

£350 approx sim free in the UK.

We all know Apple i phones are number one but is this a good number 2.

At nearly half the price it must be worth a look ????

Any info guys ???????

:001_Thank_You5:

Nokia N8.bmp

post-31229-0-51245900-1288643913.jpg

I wouldn't waste your money on what is already an obsolete OS. Nokia will be focusing on linux based platforms for high end in the future, not symbian.

Best phones platforms to get now are iOS, Android/WP7. WP7 is still in it's infancy but already it looks like a nice halfway between Android and iOS.

Nokia is shit these days mate. It's ok if you want a bog standard phone to make calls but if you wait till December you can probably pick up a decent high end Android device for that much.

I agree with Kopite. The N8 is a DOA (Dead On Arrival) phone. As a phone, the N8 is good, but no one in their right mind is going to develop for Symbian. It's being abandoned by Nokia and no one else uses it. These days, the Apps are what make a smart phone great and truly functional. If you're going to drop a few hundred on a phone, at least spend it on a phone that has the ability to be improved and customized.

iOS4 and Android are hot, followed by RIM, WP7 and Palm.

Cheers,

-ZGF

It is not worse than any other smartphone and it does have the best camera and video on the market, better than any other phone soo....maybe something for TG photographers?

I've just got the n8 on a contract upgrade for £30 per month 600 mins unlimited txts 500 mega things,

i'll be trying the camera out in feb when i'm back in patts.....

I'm no wizz with whats hot and whats not but i'm happy with the phone and its easy to use.

• 2 months later...

Big C Nokia shop Nokia N8 16500 BTH. Your favorite color only after order.

THAJEC Thajský muž TRIP 37 - 30.November 2018 - 28.1.2019

I've got one of those Nokia N8's. Its a genuine Chinese copy cost me 2000 Baht.

I cant figure out why it doesn't take better photo's though it says on the back just under the lens, "Carl Ziess Tessar 2.85/5.4 AF 12mp"

I would have thought a 12mp camera with a Carl Ziess lens would be good but the photo's are crap :P

Phone works OK so does the TV surprisingly and it takes two sim cards.

(The iPhone was 1800 Baht)

Al.

• 3 weeks later...

I've got one of those Nokia N8's. Its a genuine Chinese copy cost me 2000 Baht.

I cant figure out why it doesn't take better photo's though it says on the back just under the lens, "Carl Ziess Tessar 2.85/5.4 AF 12mp"

I would have thought a 12mp camera with a Carl Ziess lens would be good but the photo's are crap :P

Phone works OK so does the TV surprisingly and it takes two sim cards.

(The iPhone was 1800 Baht)

Al.

Did you get this in Tuk com ?

babydollsaddict.gif