IGNORED

How can I get a Visa for my Thai GF to the USA?

Tony2628

I hope someone here can help me out. I know it is very hard for a Thai girl to get a Visa to USA but was hoping someone can help me get one for her. I met her three years ago when she was a bg and somehow just feel for her. Since then she has quite her job at the bar and works at a factory in Korat. She has been there for about 10 months now. Is there anyway I would be able to help her get a Visa into the USA? I know she needs some asstets so I thought I can give her 90,000 baht to have in Bank, can also use she has a job to come back to in Thailand and also has a baby to come back to, also I have past emails that date 3 years and also pictures from the last three years on my trips to Thailand with the both of us. Please if anyone can help you or give me some advise would be great. Thank you.

Sounds like your in a good situation in regard to making an application.

You have a lot of evidence of a longterm relationship.

phone records, or computer logs are also usefull.

I have a friend in Thailand who is an english teacher and helps people with their visa applicaitons in her spare time.

She's not an expert, but all her applications have worked and she good at meeting the person in BKK and helping them through the process.

If your interested PM me and i'll give you her thai number.

But if you need serious advice then you should employee a visa expert.

You want a visa for the USA I would seek professional advice & not from me, I have no experience of the US system but Integrity Legal are the best company in Bangkok IMO.

Thai Visa Express

Registered UK Immigration Consultants 

OISC F200700163 UK Immigration Consultants

Impartial UK Immigration Advice - Expect An Honest Visa Assessment - NO Win No Agents Fees.

Web: www.thaivisa-express.com

Face Book : Thaivisaexpressthailand

OISC : https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/office-of-the-immigration-services-commissioner

Email : [email protected]

Tel : 0801022328

Tel :038420313

Tel UK : 020 -0281 -338 -059

I'll assume that you want to get her a tourist visa as opposed immigrant visa.

The main, and most difficult hurdle she will have to overcome to get a tourist visa to visit the US is that she has to prove to the consular officer that conducts her interview that she is not a threat to overstay or try to immigrate to the US. They look for ties to Thailand that will make her want to return to Thailand as opposed to remaining in the US - things like a high paying job, husband, kids, property, etc.

It's pretty F'd up, but they basically assume that everyone applying for a tourist visa plans to overstay/immigrate to the US. The burden is on those who apply to convince the consular office conducting the interview that they will return to Thailand after their visit.

You could send her the 90,000 baht - as she will also need to show that she has the means to make the trip in the first place. But that money won't help when it comes to convincing them that she plans to return to Thailand.

I know it sounds crazy but your relationship may actually work against you as much as it will help you. Because it gives her more incentive to remain in the US as opposed to returning to Thailand. Almost everyone that I know who has been able to get a tourist visa for a Thai GF for the US actually lives/works in Asia. This basically became the linch-pin in convincing the consular officer that she would return to Thailand - because that is where he lives/works and thus they do not plan on staying in the US. Everyone else that I know who has been able to get a US tourist visa have been either as part of a class trip or that have been from fairly well off and well educated families with fairly substantial assests in Thailand (and thus reason to return to Thailand).

You can follow-up with Integrity Legal, and there is some info on the Thaivisa forum that will be helpful. Also you can of course review the info availible on the US embassy (Thailand) web-site as well. But from my experience it all really boils down to the consular officer who conducts the interview and convincing them that she has sufficient ties to Thailand that she will not overstay/ try to immigrate.

Bangkok Embassy:

http://bangkok.usembassy.gov/non-immigrant_visas.html

US State Department:

http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/types/types_1262.html#3

The presumption in the law is that every visitor visa applicant is an intending immigrant. Therefore, applicants for visitor visas must overcome this presumption by demonstrating that:

•The purpose of their trip is to enter the U.S. for business, pleasure, or medical treatment;

•That they plan to remain for a specific, limited period;

•Evidence of funds to cover expenses in the United States;

•Evidence of compelling social and economic ties abroad; and

•That they have a residence outside the U.S. as well as other binding ties that will insure their return abroad at the end of the visit.

Good luck, and let us know if you have any sucess.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll assume that you want to get her a tourist visa as opposed immigrant visa.

The main, and most difficult hurdle she will have to overcome to get a tourist visa to visit the US is that she has to prove to the consular officer that conducts her interview that she is not a threat to overstay or try to immigrate to the US. They look for ties to Thailand that will make her want to return to Thailand as opposed to remaining in the US - things like a high paying job, husband, kids, property, etc.

It's pretty F'd up, but they basically assume that everyone applying for a tourist visa plans to overstay/immigrate to the US. The burden is on those who apply to convince the consular office conducting the interview that they will return to Thailand after their visit.

You could send her the 90,000 baht - as she will also need to show that she has the means to make the trip in the first place. But that money won't help when it comes to convincing them that she plans to return to Thailand.

I know it sounds crazy but your relationship may actually work against you as much as it will help you. Because it gives her more incentive to remain in the US as opposed to returning to Thailand. Almost everyone that I know who has been able to get a tourist visa for a Thai GF for the US actually lives/works in Asia. This basically became the linch-pin in convincing the consular officer that she would return to Thailand - because that is where he lives/works and thus they do not plan on staying in the US. Everyone else that I know who has been able to get a US tourist visa have been either as part of a class trip or that have been from fairly well off and well educated families with fairly substantial assests in Thailand (and thus reason to return to Thailand).

You can follow-up with Integrity Legal, and there is some info on the Thaivisa forum that will be helpful. Also you can of course review the info availible on the US embassy (Thailand) web-site as well. But from my experience it all really boils down to the consular officer who conducts the interview and convincing them that she has sufficient ties to Thailand that she will not overstay/ try to immigrate.

Bangkok Embassy:

http://bangkok.usembassy.gov/non-immigrant_visas.html

US State Department:

http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/types/types_1262.html#3

Good luck, and let us know if you have any sucess.

We in the USA have a very difficult time with legal immigration documentation while the illegals are just walking accross our southern borders...I too am trying to get my fiance into the states..while I was there on my last trip two years ago,I went to the consulate and several visa "agencys".While I was waiting at one of these offices,a man warned me about their rip off tactics and piss poor service.I ended up getting a referral to a American attorney in Bangkok.The most efficient visa path is to go for a fiance visa.This is far easier to get than a tourist visa.The bad thing is the cost of the lawyer.The girls get a 90 day visa during which time she must marry you and only you or return to Thailand at the end of that time.You can expect to spend three thousand dollars or less to get this done.This lawyer is very good and got a friends wife here that had Burmese papers...anyway send me PM and I'll tell you more..

We in the USA have a very difficult time with legal immigration documentation while the illegals are just walking accross our southern borders...I too am trying to get my fiance into the states..while I was there on my last trip two years ago,I went to the consulate and several visa "agencys".While I was waiting at one of these offices,a man warned me about their rip off tactics and piss poor service.I ended up getting a referral to a American attorney in Bangkok.The most efficient visa path is to go for a fiance visa.This is far easier to get than a tourist visa.The bad thing is the cost of the lawyer.The girls get a 90 day visa during which time she must marry you and only you or return to Thailand at the end of that time.You can expect to spend three thousand dollars or less to get this done.This lawyer is very good and got a friends wife here that had Burmese papers...anyway send me PM and I'll tell you more..

The fiance visa is all fine and good if you want to marry the bird, and you know that going in. If you are not sure if you want to end up being married then the fiance visa is not the way to go, because if you don't end up married at the end of the 90 days then it will be even more difficult to get a future US visa for the bird in question.

You can of course use a lawyer for this service (or any of the other visa options) but the paperwork is not that difficult, and you'll have to gather most of the data yourself anyway. It's just a matter of paying attention to detail and putting the correct information in the correct area of the forms. One of the things I wish the embassy/US government would do would be to offer sample completed documents - even if you had to pay for them.