IGNORED

Erawan Hotel Pattaya

twister20

I booked this hotel on Agoda.com just recently. It looked great on their website and on the hotel website. Agoda listed this as a special price; room rate was supposed to be over $60.00 and listed as $35.00 night. I usually don't pay this much but figured for the first couple of days I would treat myself. It was a big mistake. The room was nothing like on the internet. Rugs were worn paint chipped on all the furniture - drains do not flush so sink stops up. Toilet barely flushes. Roaches crawling in the bathroom and every where else. When I checked in they said they did not have a safe deposit box available till I made a fuss then one showed up. I asked for a room upgrade and they basically laughed at me and were totally rude. They did offer to change my room and the second room was so full of fumes from roach spray I could not breath and had to go back to the first one. This hotel is the pits. Stay away.

• 4 months later...

Stayed a few times at this hotel and I must say that my own experience has not been that bad, although...

The reception area is great, recently renovated, but the rooms are in need of the same treatment!

Clean they were, but worn out!

Breakfast is nothing special, the food is often cold, and this happened on several occasions.

The worse that occured to me: I went to the reception for a safe deposit box, and left 100 euro in my room, to be changed into Bath about 30 minutes later. Back from the reception...a few minutes later...the money had gone!!!!!

When I went downstairs to complain, they mentioned "room service" but were not really of any help.

I left the hotel the very next day, with the promise not to come back.

Edited by Blake1

Never heard of this place, but the experiences of the two OPs shows why this board is so valuable. The website does not give any prices or even the address of this place. Definitely a no fly zone.

Never heard of this place, but the experiences of the two OPs shows why this board is so valuable. The website does not give any prices or even the address of this place. Definitely a no fly zone.

True but I'm really sorry because I love its location, and they would not need any major investment to turn it into a really great hotel!!!

5 minutes walk from Walking Street, not noisy, swimming pool, good prices, etc...