IGNORED

42 Pedestrian Crossings become operational around Pattaya

LaaMok

Forty-Two Pedestrian crossings have been installed around Pattaya and on Tuesday Evening the first crossing was declared open by Pattaya’s Mayor. In a ceremony in front of Pattaya Police Station on Pattaya Beach Road, Khun Itipon, declared all the crossings operational and claims they will drastically improve pedestrian safety which is reassuring for the thousands of tourists expected to frequent Pattaya over the coming high season. He urges motorists to be aware of the new crossings and to abide by the rules relating to them. Although the new crossings will undoubtedly lead to longer journey times for motorists, the Mayor believes that the potential lives that will be saved by them is of far greater importance.

http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/30119/42-pedestrian-crossings-become-operational-around-pattaya/

Good news I think. I'll still be looking both ways though.

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

As we are all aware, these "crossings" are meaningless to the vastly capable and experienced law abiding drivers in Pattaya.

<!-- isHtml:1 -->

What you have to remember when using the pedestrian crossings IN PATTAYA is do I feel lucky today then close your eyes and run.

I feel sorry for any unwitting tourist that imagines these will work the same way as in their own country. I usually find a Thai crossing the road and walk across on their 'lee' side - not foolproof, but gives me a small level of reassurance.

Great............if any drivers take any notice.

ทำให้ไม่ชอบสงคราม

Good news I think. I'll still be looking both ways though.

:001_Thank_You5: LOOK up and down as well they come at you from all direction's

cheers Chris :GoldenSmile1:

Wriggley Tin 1

These crossings are nothing more than a target rich environment for drivers. :GoldenSmile1:

Testicles

Next story will read “42 people killed at newly installed pedestrian crossings on first day”

Great idea, next they should ban parking in Beach Road and create some off street parking to allow traffic to flow – one can only dream I guess.

These crossings are nothing more than a target rich environment for drivers. :GoldenSmile1:

:Agree1::Good_Post::10of10Score:

Along with the new signs, they should have put up some advise for pedesstrains about the true nature of traffic lights in LOS.

Q: Do traffic lights have the same meaning as in other countries?

A: Not quite. Green is the same – that means “Go”, but amber and red are different. Amber means “Go like hell” and red means “Stop if there is traffic coming in the other direction or if there is a policeman on the corner”. Otherwise red means the same as green. Note that for buses, red lights do not take effect until five seconds after the light has changed.

BEER: HELPING UGLY PEOPLE HAVE SEX SINCE 3000 B.C.

God Help the poor guy who has to paint the white lines!!

!cid_CCUDAUEIDBIO_IMAGE_1.jpgThey will have to Police them for some while....... Edited by Daveo

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

They could also be a good payday for those Thais who don't have motorbikes so cannot crash into Farang drivers.

Just run out in front of Farang drivers instead and go for the paydirt! :GoldenSmile1:

They could also be a good payday for those Thais who don't have motorbikes so cannot crash into Farang drivers.

Just run out in front of Farang drivers instead and go for the paydirt! :GoldenSmile1:

And don't forget the BIB. They will have worked out a way to make money out of Farang for either not crossing at the crossing or for crossing at the crossing. :GoldenSmile1:

Testicles