IGNORED

Rotating Movie Files

wetwillie

For some reason some of the videos I took this trip automaticly rotated clockwise and I can't get them straightened out. I tried Total Video Converter and you can rotate pics but I can't find anything that rotates video files.

Anybody know of any free software to do this?

I know you can rotate video using VLC... not sure if it will let you save it once you have rotated it though.

I just took a quick glance and saw that Microsoft Movie Maker has rotate capability built into its effects. It is free with XP, Vista, Windows 7 and pretty easy to use. Don't know much about other free offerings, of course Vegas Pro and Adobe Premiere and most all the chargeables will do this.

• 3 months later...

A. You can rotate video clips in Windows Movie Maker (you must have XP installed) by doing the following:

1. Import the video clip into Movie Maker.

2. Drag the imported video clip and drop it onto the timeline.

3. On the Tools menu, click Video Effects.

4. To rotate the video clip to the right, drag the Rotate 90' video effect and drop it onto the movie on the timeline.

If that isn't the right direction:

To rotate the video clip to the left, drag the Rotate 270 video effect and drop it onto the movie on the timeline.

5. On the File menu, click Save Movie File and follow the instructions in the Save Movie Wizard.

For detailed instructions, see Windows Movie Maker Help.

B. VirtualDub also has a filter to rotate a video.