Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Koh Samui with a TG

richiewhite25

Hi all, I am considering going to Koh Samui in December with a TG. Yes yes I know all the other girls in Los so why stick to one but I want to for a short while at least!

What I would like to know is:

Is it easy to take a TG around Thailand, when I book the flights will I need a ID number/passport no for her as I would like to keep it as a surprise.

Will the bar be okay with it, I mean barfine paid for the period besides will they have any issues?

Also I am a bit clueless about where to stay in KS, Lamai beach, Laem Nan Beach, Chaweng Beach?

Thanks, only a month to go!!

Hi there Richie,

I took a thai girl to koh chang on my last trip to thailand. We had been together for a couple weeks in Pattaya so I knew we could get along well together. It was a great relaxing time and enjoyed exploring the island together.

On my next trip in November, we are going to Koh Tao, Koh Phagnan, and Koh Samui for about a week each. I booked a flight from Samui directly to Pattaya and they just ask for the other persons name when booking a ticket. She shouldn't need a passport just maybe some photo ID.

Yeah the bar should be fine with it as long as you are paying the barfine ahead of time for the duration of the trip.

I booked my hotel from Agoda. Booked the Ark Bar Beach hotel on Chewang. I have never stayed on Chewang but decided to book at the Ark based on its location (close to the good nightclubs).

Do you already know the girl you want to take?

Have an awesome trip!

Hi Greenthumb,

Yes I have a girl in mind, its her Birthday in Dec so I want to surprise her with a mini trip to Koh Samui, figure it will be nice to take her somewhere in Thailand and more relaxing to get to know her there, then the hussle and bussle of patts. Also must be good Buddha merit!

I will check out the Ark Bar beach hotel.

Have a great trip yourself, we might cross paths!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Greenthumb,

Yes I have a girl in mind, its her Birthday in Dec so I want to surprise her with a mini trip to Koh Samui, figure it will be nice to take her somewhere in Thailand and more relaxing to get to know her there, then the hussle and bussle of patts. Also must be good Buddha merit!

I will check out the Ark Bar beach hotel.

Have a great trip yourself, we might cross paths!

Hi ritche

Lol yeah I just noticed you post. I'd already booked the ark bar beach hotel too!

Will be visiting the islands with the same girl I took to koh chang.

Going to be on Koh Tao for 8 nights, koh Phagnan for 7 during the nov full moon, then Samui for 5 nights at the ark bar. Will be on samui Nov24-29. Then to pattaya for 15 nights then probably to bangkok for my final week in thailand.

I guess you will be on Samui after me hey?

If we don't cross paths have a great holiday!

I am 26 U? (noticed the 25 in your name and wondered if we were the some age)

When you book the tickets you will need to give her real name i can't remember weather i needed her ID card number or not don't think so though. Lamai beach is more monger friendly and hotels are cheaper there, Chaweng attracts more twatpackers and tourists but has better night life. The bar will be happy if you pay the barfine though no need to really the girls can take time off as and when they want, alot of girls take time off when their boyfriends/sponsors are in town.

Thanks guys. Have to ask her for the full name.

Yes the unoriginal username is true I am 25! Still somehow managed to forget passwords for 2 other names similar to that.

Looking likely I will hit Samui around the 12th of December. Doing Phuket before and Pattaya in between.

I am gearing more towards Lamai Beach but still undecided, arrgghhh. I want a nice quiet spot with a relaxing beach and hotel/bungalow.

Not too much to ask!

This must be a pattern because I did the same thing two years ago, as have a number of others I have seen post on the forum.

I will add that I believe the owner of any credit card used to book a flight in Thailand must be present at the time the flights are used (doesn't sound like a problem in your case, just make sure you are there with her when you check in for the flights).

My advice to you is...be aware that if you do package tours on the island...not necessarily a bad thing, but....just know that there will be people with their hands out trying to separate you from your money at each of the stops. Example: when we stopped to see one of the waterfalls, somebody tried to sell us a 1,000 baht elephant trek on the trails around the waterfall. I declined, although I almost got suckered by it. The next day we did an elephant ride for the land activity as part of the Ang Thong Marine Park boat trip package, at no additional charge.

If I could go back, I would have done the boat tour AROUND the island, to see if from the water. I bet that is spectacular. I would also try to find a way to get off the beaten path, maybe spend a day at one of the quieter beaches, Anyway, have a great time!

I am addicted to Pattaya Addicts, View New Content

I took a TG with me to Koh Samui for 5 days in May. Stayed in Chaweng which has pretty good night-life. Quite a few bars and clubs and some really nice bars by the beach.

Like other people have said you just need her full thai name for the ticket. Mine wasn't working bar at the time so didn't have to worry about bar fines. You can get a taxi from the airport to your hotel, they are all controlled by the thai mafia so will be more expensive compared to taxies in Bangkok. No meter used.

Just to add one more thing reference taxi's from the air port they nearly always try to drop you off at a place called Chaweng beach garden resort because it pays them comission. On my first trip i asked to go to Lamai beach the mini bus driver told me he knew a good hotel in Lamai then dropped me off at Chaweng beach garden, by the time i found out the little f@cker had gone and i had to drag my bags to the road and get another taxi.

Cheers for the tips and advice

An update! hotel has been booked, the Wanta Lamai on Lamai beach, a garden view bungalow should be nice, well going by TA reviews it should be

Now for activities to do.

Safari?

Big Buddha

Koh Phangan

Keep us posted on the hotel and beaches as i am planning excatly the same in january so would appreciate up to date info.

Only difference is I will be going from Pattaya and yet to find best way to get to island.

Have a good one.

Edited by meysey

One Life, Live It !!!!!!!!

Cheers for the tips and advice

An update! Hotel has been booked, the Wanta Lamai on Lamai beach, a garden view bungalow should be nice, well going by TA reviews it should be

Now for activities to do.

Safari?

Big Buddha

Koh Phangan

The Safari/Island tour is a good day stops at a couple of water falls, elephant trecking and a big airial slide i enjoyed it my TG didn't being awake for more than 3 hours and having to walk over 100m was a bit stressful for her. Kho Phangnang is nice and the full moon party is good, though watch out for pick pockets.

Ok first , as has been said from the airport to your hotel or anywhere else on Samui DONT use the taxis they will rip you off like nowhere else in thailand ,

so from the airport to hotel use the mini bus that goes from the airport it costs ( last time ) 100bht buy a ticket at the counter just before you leave the exit area then when it is full ( very quickly as most people do the same ) it will drop you off in the lobby at your hotel ,

The Ark Bar hotel is ok , great location but not exactly the best place for a monger crowd is mostly young backpackers with money ,so if you are there with a thai girlfriend then some of them will look down on you , but it is a nice place to relax days over ,

lamai is going to be better for you ,

what to do , depends on what you have already done in thailand ,

the Aquarium and tiger&bird show is fun there is also a little zoo in the area and your girlfriend can get her pic taken with a tiger

waterfalls are nice main ones are Namuang 1 & 2

one of them has a crocodile show , zoo , elephant show & monkey show all in the same place but to get to the waterfall is a trek through the Jungle the other is just a short walk from the road . just remember how much thai girls LOVE walking

Snake farm & show

Fishing freshwater from a big lake called Top Cats

through the Jungle on a zip line is ok

there is a tour to Koh Naung Yang nice snorkelling and feeding fish ( remember to take a loaf of bread or two )

Koh Phangnan is ok but full moon party is great

A Safari is fun

just remember that november and december is not always the best weather

a good site to visit is sawadee,com

Edited by gareth

"And were you pleased?" they asked Helen in Hell.

"Pleased?" answered she,when all Troy's towers fell;

And dead were Priam´s sons, and lost his throne?

And such a war was fought as none had known;

And even the Gods took part; and all because

Of me alone! Pleased?

I should say I was!"

Lord Dunsany

I have travelled with TG throughout entire Thailand, mostly with my Thai wife but also with BG. And you only need them to take her id-card and you'll be fine! And your right about staying with her for a longer period, the GFE is a great way to spend your holiday if she is good company!

AS i was searching for info on Samui myself and didn't find a lot i started a topic with info on Samui, like hotels, food, partyplaces, sightseeing and activities!

See my topic at: http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/65630-a-start-for-who-is-looking-for-info-on-samui/

Hope it helps you get started with your trip !

A good girl gives you happiness and a bad girl gives you experience both are essential in life so enjoy every girlfriend!

• 7 months later...

Do you all still pay the girls if you're paying all expenses and taking them around thailand

Do you all still pay the girls if you're paying all expenses and taking them around thailand

usually yes.

It all depends on the arrangement, you can of course work it out with a girl, offer her what you're prepared to pay.

I was chatting with a gal in a bar a couple of nights ago, she had been away from the bar for a month and told me the guy she went with, an Aussie, BF'd her for 28 days @ 300Bt a day, and paid her 1000Bt a day for the 28 days. He took her on his holiday all around northern Thailand, naturally he paid all hotel, travel, meals & drinks, he also bought her some gifts and gave her some extra shopping money. She was well pleased with the deal. Told me the best part was this guy didn't want to boom-boom too often.

• 3 weeks later...

Plenty to do. The standard down Soi Green Mango was average, take your own i say!

• 2 months later...

Hi there Richie,

I would say Lamai is the best place to stay on samui & the Wanta Lamai is nice has good rooms rates is not bad for a stay of week or two. Kho Phangnang is nice but at that time of the year the sea can be choppy & there will be some rain about, the worst of the rain will be in oct & November when it will be raining & trips to Kho Phangnang on speed boats can be tromatic for some TG's. There are non speed boats to Kho Phangnang that are more easy to cope with if she does not have sea legs. slow boat from Manam to Phangnang (still ruining?. The fisherman's village on Bophut Beach is good for romantic nights out or dinner. Taxis are a problem on samui the price of getting about at night is very very high, I would rent a bike or even a car if its raining lots.

Have a good one.

case by case on this i think. You mite have to give her something to ''send home'' for the ''sick'' mum, dad, husband or Buffalo. I would want to sort this out with her before you get to samui. Its a good test of a girl when this kind of thing comes up.

• 8 months later...

Ok first , as has been said from the airport to your hotel or anywhere else on Samui DONT use the taxis they will rip you off like nowhere else in thailand ,

so from the airport to hotel use the mini bus that goes from the airport it costs ( last time ) 100bht buy a ticket at the counter just before you leave the exit area then when it is full ( very quickly as most people do the same ) it will drop you off in the lobby at your hotel ,

The Ark Bar hotel is ok , great location but not exactly the best place for a monger crowd is mostly young backpackers with money ,so if you are there with a thai girlfriend then some of them will look down on you , but it is a nice place to relax days over ,

lamai is going to be better for you ,

what to do , depends on what you have already done in thailand ,

the Aquarium and tiger&bird show is fun there is also a little zoo in the area and your girlfriend can get her pic taken with a tiger

waterfalls are nice main ones are Namuang 1 & 2

one of them has a crocodile show , zoo , elephant show & monkey show all in the same place but to get to the waterfall is a trek through the jungle the other is just a short walk from the road . just remember how much thai girls LOVE walking

Snake farm & show

Fishing freshwater from a big lake called Top Cats

through the jungle on a zip line is ok

there is a tour to Koh Naung Yang nice snorkelling and feeding fish ( remember to take a loaf of bread or two )

Koh Phangnan is ok but full moon party is great

A Safari is fun

just remember that november and december is not always the best weather

a good site to visit is sawadee,com

(The Ark Bar hotel is ok , great location but not exactly the best place for a monger crowd is mostly young backpackers with money ,so if you are there with a thai girlfriend then some of them will look down on you)

good post

i have to say I will be staying there with my thai GF and wouldnt give a shit what anybody thought