IGNORED

Opinion concerning Hotel requested

SeaEmDee

Hello Everyone,

this is my first post to the forum and although most of the hotels and guesthouses have been discussed in great detail and these posts have been a great help narrowing down choices and areas in which to stay, I will would like to have some input from the BMs.

Have booked my flights to Bangkok already will be staying 13 nights from April 21st to May 4th (due to work I have to make my plans sometime in advance)

At present time I have booked in the Areca Lodge Evergreen Wing due to location, price and general positive feedback the hotel has received. Due to the posts and discussions concerning the minium age of additional guests being 20 I was a little concerned. Not that it matters that much and not that I am looking to only find STs or LTs that are younger though as murphy's law goes and how I know my luck to be, it would probably happen :-)

As options I have selected the LK Ren or Baboona as hotels. The LK Ren being very close to the Areca and the Baboona being away from that area. This is why I have found Billabong to be interesting as a guesthouse option.

The above choices have been narrowed down from checking out many other hotel and guesthouse websites.

My question would be is a guesthouse a good option for a first time visitor and if not would you rather recommend one of the hotels and aome indication as to why.

Thanks for your comments and your help.

H

Hi Hatcher, I stayed at areca and although not bad was not as good as should have been, ac leaked filled my case full of water, only allowed to run up 20000b then had to settle the bill and start again(pain in the ass when staying nearly a month! I thought at 1250 a night should have been better, not even get free internet. I usually stay at the opey de place this is on soi lengkee liierall 100 yards away fron areca on same side of rd just other side of soi buckao. Rooms are identical, free internet nice little pool, no joiner problems just decent basic accom at around 900 per night and will do long stay discount. pattayaone.com got alphabetical hotel index with reviews and pics opey is on there hope this helps, may see you over in los im back for songkrab

If you're already booked into Areca, then I'm not sure why you want to swap it for a guesthouse ? I imagine you'll have little trouble with your BFs - as you say you're not looking for the teenagers. Ask them if you're in any doubt. The Billabong is probably OK (I've not stayed), but the rooms look a bit spartan on their site. You'll get a better fitted-out room at Areca, free breakfast (if you're up early enough) and one of the better pools in the area. I also found it to be one of the quieter hotels I have stayed in in Pattaya - a godsend if you stay up late.

If you're convinced that a guesthouse is the way forward, I've heard plenty of positive comments about Metro Apartments although you are spoiled for choice in LK Metro. It's a great area to stay - I'm sure others will add recommendations.

thanks for your responses

after even more reading (lots of good information in the forum) I have booked one of the rooms Above The New Chow Soy Restaurant based on the positive comments given in various threads. Has everything except a pool which I dont really need. Breakfast all day right across the street at Catebury Tales Cafe.

Wrote Dave an e-mail yesterday, got a quick reply, sent my deposit, great contact!

Looking forward to my first trip to Pattaya, will probably be wild in more ways than one.

H

Hatcher, Sorry I could not assist with your enquiry but welcome to the forum.

Assuming this trip will be your first, you are in for the time of your life.

Hatcher, Sorry I could not assist with your enquiry but welcome to the forum.

Assuming this trip will be your first, you are in for the time of your life.

Thanks for the welcome, everything I am reading is already overwhelming, I am sure it will be a great trip!

If this is your first trip I don't think you will be too concerned with the hotel quality. Far too many other things to take in. Guest house rooms are great and there are loads of top quality ones around the area you have chosen. You only need to read the write ups here. For a first trip a hotel is definately easier and less to think about. No problems with 'extras'like air con etc and it is very easy to create problems for yourself, in a guest house, with the bar staff if bringing other girls back. I would rec. a hotel for this trip and once you have got to know the ropes a little, definately a guest house in future. Soi LK Metro area is fantastic and I truly believe the best area in Pattaya to stay. Have a great time.

to this day i still get a kick out of the hotel security phoning your room to see if everythings ok after your guest has left.for a first timer, they may find that reassuring...shit happens.if my memory is correct the areca just check id. the lek does.first week of november im staying at the Areca Lodge then trying new hotels in that area.cant wait.