IGNORED

ATM Card!

sandman

I am unclear on two points concerning Pattaya's ATM's & hope that BM's can clarify them for me.

If a Wanker takes his foreign bank ATM card to a teller inside one of Pat's banks & executes a cash withdrawl at the teller's station, will he avoid the B150 transaction charge that the bank's ATM machine would assess?

Would the exchange rate given by the human for the cash withdrawl be equal to/better than/ worse than the rate given by the machine?

MANY THANX!

I am unclear on two points concerning Pattaya's ATM's & hope that BM's can clarify them for me.

If a Wanker takes his foreign bank ATM card to a teller inside one of Pat's banks & executes a cash withdrawl at the teller's station, will he avoid the B150 transaction charge that the bank's ATM machine would assess?

Would the exchange rate given by the human for the cash withdrawl be equal to/better than/ worse than the rate given by the machine?

MANY THANX!

i sometimes use a atm card so i guess that makes me a wanker to...lol

not sure about the 150 baht charge in the bank, i'm guessing you would still pay it as someone would have cottoned on to the idea and posted it by now.

in may i used the yellow atm machines as they don'nt charge the 150 baht. there are plenty dotted around, there is one on soi diana outside the 7/11 for a start.

I work hard to support those on benefits! :Banghead2:

as of last Saturday they were charging the 150 in the Siam bank for sure at the counter

the Yellow bank now charges the 150

the advantage of taking out at the teller is you can take out up to 500,000 and at the cash machine only 20,000

as of last Saturday they were charging the 150 in the Siam bank for sure at the counter

the Yellow bank now charges the 150

the advantage of taking out at the teller is you can take out up to 500,000 and at the cash machine only 20,000

But if you passed the counter t with drawl money with your foreign debit card , how to do as you have a pin code on it ? (maybe ignorant question , but i never did so way) , second thought my Kasikorn debit card theye swipe in Tesco Lotus whiteout i must give number ..... :wacko:

Non native English writing poster, not using a spell checker !! 

you dont need the pin number, they swipe the card and use your passport as ID

you dont need the pin number, they swipe the card and use your passport as ID

THx, so little bit scary thing , if loose your card they can override the pin by swiping it..... (Kasikorn they can do i know in Tesco ), but with a foreign card with "chip enabled "on it i am surprised because i can even not change my pin code from master card on "non chip enabled " ATM's .THE "chip enabled " are rare to find , only bkk bank has them as they say (new system, trip report guy BM, on board airplaine could not buy on plane because the aircrew cc machines does not take the cards data)

Edited by david555

Non native English writing poster, not using a spell checker !! 

I completely Stopped using Siam bank...They consistantly copied both sides of my Credit Card and kept it for there reference...Had to sign the Copied Credit card or no cash was given to me..I said this was Illegal to do but it fell on deaf ears..I won't ever go back to Siam bank...

Bangkok Bank said this was illegal and never does it...

No place on the Planet like Pattaya..Don't let your meat loaf