IGNORED

Buying a scooter/motor bike

Ranger2000

Hi Guys,

I was wondering what the going rate is to buy a good used motorbike/scooter in pattaya?

Can you please advise.

Also whaer is the best place to pick one up from?

dont buy USED the pitfalls that come with used are serious,try and buy new.

who was that guy on here who wrote up about used moto's ?, the Thai idea of a recon engine is a new coat of black paint.

im sure you cant insure anybikes over a certain age,maybe a year for theft.

contact

Kessaya Motorbike Rentals

Top quality motorbikes available

1 Day-100bt...1 Week-600bt...1 Month-2000bt

Call 087-7440945 or PM me

www.kessayamotorbikerentals.com

hes one of the best i have found here,he will put you straight,why buy when its cheaper to rent and have everything done for you

Hi Guys,

I was wondering what the going rate is to buy a good used motorbike/scooter in pattaya?

Can you please advise.

forgot to click reply,done it this time look at my post above.

Hi Guys,

Can you please advise.

A brand new Honda Wave 110i will only cost you 38,000baht so it's better to buy new than used as someone already mentioned some don't take care of their bikes, change oil or service.

Good luck

I spent a lot of time looking into this and the decision became very clear that you are by far best to buy new.

Some of th eprices they want for secondhand bikes are not far off the new price.

I stopped to look at a fino the other day and they wanted 37,000 baht for it to which I said is there any discount as a new one is only 44,000. The lady just turned her nose up at me.

“So I see this Thai girl in a bar. I ask her, would you sleep with me for 1 million baht? She says, YES! Then, I ask her, would you sleep with me for 20 baht? She screams, NO WAY! WHAT KIND OF PERSON DO YOU THINK I AM? So, I tell her, we’ve already established what kind of person you are. Now, we are just negotiating the price.â€

I think you will probably find that prices come down outside of Pattaya... maybe somewhere like Satahip?

I think a used scooter is fine. Dont let people tell you how bad the service is here as it is very good. I purchased a 2005 nuovo for 14000 baht and have only done general maintenance in 6 months...

You are far better off buying new if you can afford it, the Honda Wave 110i starts at around B34,000. Used Scooters are around B20,000 for a 3 year old bike. Stick with the four major Japanese brands, avoid the cheaper Chinese bikes.

Hi Guys,

Can you please advise.

There are so many shops but you don't know who is good or who is bad. This guy helped me just recently get a good quality one. I was going to rent but he advised me of a shop he uses. He's a poster here and I renting from him before and such he's an honest straight forward guy. I'd try to get advice from him (and if I were you I'd listen to his advice).

Kessaya Motorbike Rentals

Top quality motorbikes available

1 Day-100bt...1 Week-600bt...1 Month-2000bt

Call 087-7440945 or PM me

www.kessayamotorbikerentals.com

Trying to Stay Out Of Trouble, But It Isn't Working

Thanks fellas :)

i will look into it when i get there and do a little shopping around but if they are only around 38000thb new then i think i will buy new

thanks again for the replys fellas

this site rocks just wish i found it before my first visit to pattaya last month,

After just buying a new Kawasaki KSR for 68,000 on road still on red plate and spent another 9000Baht on mods i have now decided this bike isn't for me so it is for sale with less than 500km on the clock!

Any offers?

guess i will take some pics soon and post here

kawasaki_ksr110_2.jpg