IGNORED

Charitable work,help or assistance.

Wombat 69

I will be Coming to Patts sometime this month and this will be my 7th trip.

Apart from the usual activities I would like to get involved with doing some good

or giving something back with my free time.

I generally find that I get bored during the day and thought this would be a constructive way

to keep my mind and body busy.I am handy at quite a few things.

maybe Cerebus or other BM's who are active in this field can help.

Cheers

I will be Coming to Patts sometime this month and this will be my 7th trip.

Apart from the usual activities I would like to get involved with doing some good

or giving something back with my free time.

I generally find that I get bored during the day and thought this would be a constructive way

to keep my mind and body busy.I am handy at quite a few things.

maybe Cerebus or other BM's who are active in this field can help.

Cheers

i'm sure you need a work permit to even do volunteer work here,it might be worth looking into on the web.

theres one guy on here who has a link to an orphanage site,cant remember his name thou,maybe contact him about bringing some books or toys or even donating money to them

its nice to give a little back to genuine causes,just watch out for the scam ones.

like if they are still outside Royal Garden Plazza,those fake sign your name in the book and give a donation to the Boy scouts of Thailand

i'm sure you need a work permit to even do volunteer work here,it might be worth looking into on the web.

theres one guy on here who has a link to an orphanage site,cant remember his name thou,maybe contact him about bringing some books or toys or even donating money to them

its nice to give a little back to genuine causes,just watch out for the scam ones.

like if they are still outside Royal Garden Plazza,those fake sign your name in the book and give a donation to the Boy scouts of Thailand

Thanks Miles.

From memory I think it's Cerebus from DD

I might send him a PM.

cheers

Thanks Miles.

From memory I think it's Cerebus from DD

I might send him a PM.

cheers

your welcome.

i know 2 years ago i joined my wife on a street clean up,didnt need a work permit for that,just gave us a black bag and a pair of gloves and we went round picking up rubbish from our local area.did it thru this place,picture added.

contact them and see if they have an office in Pattaya.

DSCN0018 - Copy.jpg

your welcome.

i know 2 years ago i joined my wife on a street clean up,didnt need a work permit for that,just gave us a black bag and a pair of gloves and we went round picking up rubbish from our local area.did it thru this place,picture added.

contact them and see if they have an office in Pattaya.

Thanks again Miles.

Have thought about doing this at the north end

of Pattaya beach on low tide,it's terrible and to

think that people swim in it.

Back home we have a clean up Australia day where everyone

pitches in,it would be great if other BM's on here have the same train of thought and time.

It might teach the locals something!!

Thanks again Miles.

Have thought about doing this at the north end

of Pattaya beach on low tide,it's terrible and to

think that people swim in it.

Back home we have a clean up Australia day where everyone

pitches in,it would be great if other BM's on here have the same train of thought and time.

It might teach the locals something!!

there are a lot of Expat board members on here who have been involved in the beach clean ups in Pattaya,a lot of them organised by the Expat groups based in Pattaya.

hope you find something worthwhile to do.

there are many board members on here who will be able to point you in the right direction,i'm from Bangkok so dont really know the key members to contact about it,maybe you could organise something and do a trip report on it,be nice to see something good done by other members,would make for good Karma and great pictures and also that feeling of well being inside.

Have a look at Father Rays............they always need help and really appreciate it

They are up on the Sukhumvit Road, between North pattaya road and Central road

Me and my son will be spending some more time there next year

Have a look at Father Rays............they always need help and really appreciate it

They are up on the Sukhumvit Road, between North pattaya road and Central road

Me and my son will be spending some more time there next year

Hi There Windsorman.

Is Sukhumvit next one up from third rd?

If I travel from the beach rd end along Central when I get to

Sukhumvit do I chuck a right or left?

What sort of work does Father Ray do there and how could I help.

I hope he's not like Ray from the Blues Bros 555

Thanks again.

I would definitely check into whether you can do voluntary work without a work permit,i'm almost certain you cannot.

Ok i looked it up you cannot do voluntary work in thailand without a work permit or without special permission from the kingdom of thailand.The penalty is 3months to 5years imprisonment.You will also banned from the kingdom for 99years....

Edited by cairns8

I would definitely check into whether you can do voluntary work without a work permit,i'm almost certain you cannot.

Ok i looked it up you cannot do voluntary work in thailand without a work permit or without special permission from the kingdom of thailand.The penalty is 3months to 5years imprisonment.You will also banned from the kingdom for 99years....

theres good old thai logic for you..

I work hard to support those on benefits! :Banghead2:

Unemployment is less than 3% here and they believe we are taking jobs from them???You are not even allowed to help the girls at bars to move tables around or carry heavy garbage bags out...t.i.t

If you are coming to Thailand to do voluntary work with vulnerable people, especially groups like kids and orphans, then it's an entirely sensible approach. Just imagine the havoc a paedophile could wreak if he decided to do some un-monitored, 'voluntary' work. I can't imagine a one-day beach / street clean being subject to approval though.

I am quite surprised by your response,not that I doubt it,my like disappointed.

Do you know which authority I need to check with in Patts to get approval.

Certainly don't wanna go to the Monkey House.

Cheers

I am quite surprised by your response,not that I doubt it,my like disappointed.

Do you know which authority I need to check with in Patts to get approval.

Certainly don't wanna go to the Monkey House.

Cheers

I would check with the thai consulate in oz before you come over.I used the brisbane thai consulate before i came and found them very helpful.Although these are the laws in thailand'it doesnt mean they will be enforced