IGNORED

Mike Shopping Mall - bad attitude from security

LaaMok

I went to Mike shopping mall to buy some clothes today, I spent just over thousand baht and went to see a friend at LK rennaisance penthouse, because they dont have a car park, I decided to leave it at mike shopping mall. When I got back at 6.30 p.m, they had a big heavy metal fence padlocked to my car.

This really pissed me off, 650,000 baht car with a large piece of metal hanging on it. I thought, ok its Thailand, it will be cheap.

The security was hovering around waiting for his rice whisky money and put his hand out, asking for 200 baht, my GF got angry (I only know when my GF is angry, because she tells me later) and asked him for a receipt, so he walked so slow, I thought he was going backwards at one stage. I told my GF, just to run ahead and pay him. Time is more important than money to me. Besides, I was sweating like a Gary Glitter in a nursery, and I wanted to go meet the doctor for some lunch.

By the time the security guard got to his office, he already decided that it was now an extra hour and it was 300 baht. Then he proceeded to grill her about where she works and demanded car registration number. Apparently writing down "No employment" was beyond his capabilities, he had to write something down, so housewife was mentioned and settled on.

When the security came out, I asked him to point out the warning signs. I said to my GF, if the sign is written in Thai, its acceptable, its my fault that I don't read much Thai, I dont mind paying for my ignorance, but not theres.

Then the security guard pointed out some paint written on the floor, half of it was missing and it doesnt matter anyway, because cars are parked on it all day.

And yes, I am fully aware that i need to go down Soi 6 and get blown off. I only wrote this to make sure that its on the first page of google, so others dont get huge lumps of heavy metal tied to there car. Maybe I should go down there in an old jeep and just drive off with it.

Maybe I should go down there in an old jeep and just drive off with it.

Sounds like you need to keep a set of bolt croppers with you.

Sounds like you need to keep a set of bolt croppers with you.

I haven't got laid down Soi 6 for a month, thats the problem!

What I need is to take my wheels with me, so he cant padlock it to his metal gate. Or a trailer, so I can nick the fence.

trafficwardenBIG_468x658.jpgI think traffic wardens/car park attendants all over the world are Martians.

Best to think of it this way, what if it were in UK.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

This must be a recent con as I have seen people park all over the place at the back of mikes

This must be a recent con as I have seen people park all over the place at the back of mikes

To be fair to them, there was only two cars left in the car park, so they must genuinely be closed... however, what annoys me, is that there are no signs in Thai. I made sure i triple checked before I came running to the computer.

I will make it first page of google. (its second page already)

To be extra fair, I also emailed them, just to confirm that the security was being naughty or not, they wont reply, so the thread will stay... and Pattaya addicts will get some extra traffic. Even if i get 300 new visits from this thread, its worth the 300 baht.