IGNORED

Stayin' in LOS over 30 days?

eanto

As I'm staying in Patts for 2 months I needed to get a Tourist Visa. For anyone interested it's real easy to do.

1. I downloaded 3 forms from the Thai Embassy website in Hull (as I'm in UK)

2. Easy to complete and sent them to the Embassy with my passport and a recent photo (passport size). Need to include £8 for return postage. The visa itself is currently free of charge.

3. 2 days later received my passport back with the visa stamped in it.

Just need to apply within 3 months of your planned entry date and you're good to go!

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

• 3 weeks later...

As I'm staying in Patts for 2 months I needed to get a Tourist Visa. For anyone interested it's real easy to do.

1. I downloaded 3 forms from the Thai Embassy website in Hull (as I'm in UK)

2. Easy to complete and sent them to the Embassy with my passport and a recent photo (passport size). Need to include £8 for return postage. The visa itself is currently free of charge.

3. 2 days later received my passport back with the visa stamped in it.

Just need to apply within 3 months of your planned entry date and you're good to go!

I just downloaded the form and it says I need to include a £28 charge for tourist visa, by postal order.

Is that right?

I just downloaded the form and it says I need to include a £28 charge for tourist visa, by postal order.

Is that right?

No, tourist visa is free at the mo, just pay £8 postage for return of passport.

You mention 3 forms. I only have 1, VISA STANDARD.pdf

Is that the one you need to send?

You need to download the 'Standard visa application pack' here:

http://www.thaiconsul-uk.com/downloads-and-visas.aspx

Then you need to fill in these forms & send them along with your passport + photo:

1. Visa application form.

2. Self certification form.

3. Visa payment form.

Single entry tourist visas are free ATM. So only the £8 return postage to pay. When I got mine last year, I sent a prepaid (special delivery) self addressed envelope, which cost half as much as they were asking; don't know if this is still an option?

Peace. :GoldenSmile1:

Edited by El Cata
sgu_banner.gif

You need to download the 'Standard visa application pack' here:

http://www.thaiconsul-uk.com/downloads-and-visas.aspx

Then you need to fill in these forms & send them along with your passport + photo:

1. Visa application form.

2. Self certification form.

3. Visa payment form.

Single entry tourist visas are free ATM. So only the £8 return postage to pay. When I got mine last year, I sent a prepaid (special delivery) self addressed envelope, which cost half as much as they were asking; don't know if this is still an option?

That is awesome advice but I live in London so I have a different embassy here.

Should I apply to the one in Hull instead of the one in London?

That is awesome advice but I live in London so I have a different embassy here.

Should I apply to the one in Hull instead of the one in London?

Yes, apply to Hull by post. BTW Hull is a consulate, but more importantly, they hand out visas like candy. I'm hoping that they'll give me a work visa on the strength of a teacher training course in Bangkok next year!

Edited by El Cata
sgu_banner.gif

Is it the 90 day single entry visa that is currently free or just the standard 30 day tourist visa?

Good advice. Thank you.

Edited by Hobbes

Is it the 90 day single entry visa that is currently free or just the standard 30 day tourist visa?

The free tourist visa gives you 60 days in the lovely Thai sunshine.

The free tourist visa gives you 60 days in the lovely Thai sunshine.

which you can extend in jomtien for another month at a cost of 1900baht...

cheaper than a border run :GoldenSmile1:

I have a Problem..... I just can't decide if its a good problem or a bad problem...

which you can extend in jomtien for another month at a cost of 1900baht...

cheaper than a border run :GoldenSmile1:

Don't tempt me lol, got to get back home in Feb for a brass band contest!

A rep point for the most bizarre reason I ever heard for leaving LOS!

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

I'd rather stay in Pattaya and get my trumpet blown by a BG :P

• 2 weeks later...

Is that right?as said curently free just £10 for admin charge got mine 2 weeks ago

Hey, great information on visa, but the 3 month notice requirement might screw me up. Do you know is this just a postal thing? Or if it would still be the case if I did a personal visit?

Where do I get this free 60 day tourist visa from? I leave for LOS in the next few days and can't risk sending my passport away. Also, it is impractical to consider travelling to Hull as it is so far away from South Wales. Is there anywhere nearer - Cardiff possibly?

Yes, apply to Hull by post. BTW Hull is a consulate, but more importantly, they hand out visas like candy. I'm hoping that they'll give me a work visa on the strength of a teacher training course in Bangkok next year!

Hull is supposed to be the easiest place to get a one year 90-day multi-entry visa (actually good for 15 months). Cardiff is another consulate to try. A mate once got his multi-entry visa from Cardiff when he had a job offer in Thailand. They told him he needed a letter of confirmation but he'd left it behind in Surrey. The honorary consul told him not to worry - "Just write your own letter." He pointed to a typewriter and my mate typed up a letter and signed it. Got the visa! :)

Where do I get this free 60 day tourist visa from? I leave for LOS in the next few days and can't risk sending my passport away. Also, it is impractical to consider travelling to Hull as it is so far away from South Wales. Is there anywhere nearer - Cardiff possibly?

Here ya go ...

Thai Consulate, Cardiff

• 3 weeks later...

Can anybody advise what's longest you can stay without having to leave country? I'm coming over in spring to work out if it's possible to make a permanent stay (please please please) and would get the 60 days from Hull, + 30 day extension from Jomtien (I think thats' what I understand) and then is it a trip to Cambodia or somewhere or are there other extensions can be done?