IGNORED

"The Pound is going to be devalued"

Jumbo

My Financial Adviser is sure that the pound will be devalued next year......If that happens we will be lucky to get 34bht to the pound!

what was he trying to sell you when he made that statement?

I think the main problems with the Pound (and dollar) at the moment are the QE programmes and low interest rates. Once these change (1-2 years) things might improve, or at least stabilise. That's why the Aussie dollar is stronger at the moment.

yes ive seen those excellent pics many a times :)

just thought you were there in july and august and might have some new morsels to share :)

btw when is your next trip to angeles?

<EMBED SRC="http://games.webgamedesign.com/free/counter2.swf?title=AC%20Baby!!!&count=down&time=1314994800000&bgc=0x0077cc&bgb=1&bgd=0&bc=0xcccccc&bb=1&bd=0&tc=0xcccccc&tb=1&td=1&uc=0x99ccff&ub=1&ud=2&nc=0x333333&nb=1&nd=0" TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" NAME="Free Counter" ALIGN=MIDDLE WIDTH=500 HEIGHT=100 quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" allowFullScreen="false" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer">

yes ive seen those excellent pics many a times :)

just thought you were there in july and august and might have some new morsels to share :)

btw when is your next trip to angeles?

Do I know you ??????

There are just so many variables, it's impossible to say. This is why currency speculation is such a risky investment and never a major component of any conservative to moderately risky investment portfolio. Interest rates are a big piece of the puzzle as a few posters have admirably noted. But employment stability = ability to pay debt = strength of currency as well...and who knows what the job market will look like in 6, 12 or 18 months? Also, speaking of debt, if a country decides to turn on the printing press as a way to pay debt, that also impacts the value of its currency. Countries also have to balance the need for foreign investment (the stronger the currency the better) and the ability to manufacture and export goods (somewhat weaker currencies are favorable).

The world economy is so volatile still, I think it is near impossible to say what will happen. The saving grace is that there is now such interdependence between the economies of the economic superpowers that, at least for the near future, it is in everyone's best interest to keep everyone else afloat.

LM

Do I know you ??????

no just heard you were there from around the grape vine

<EMBED SRC="http://games.webgamedesign.com/free/counter2.swf?title=AC%20Baby!!!&count=down&time=1314994800000&bgc=0x0077cc&bgb=1&bgd=0&bc=0xcccccc&bb=1&bd=0&tc=0xcccccc&tb=1&td=1&uc=0x99ccff&ub=1&ud=2&nc=0x333333&nb=1&nd=0" TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" NAME="Free Counter" ALIGN=MIDDLE WIDTH=500 HEIGHT=100 quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" allowFullScreen="false" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer">

no just heard you were there from around the grape vine

Grape vine ???? Facts count & gossip is shit.

I have not been to AC Philippines this Summer.

So sorry no pics.

I hope to go in early 2011 & I will post pics.