Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Recommendations for Soi LK/Diana/Bukhaow area

maxtroy

I've gathered that the Soi LK/Diana/Bukhaow area is a good location for Beach , WS and nightlife . I'm looking to stay , at a minumum from Mid december to Feb. 1 2011 .

Would appreciate help in selecting girl friendly hotel , around 1000 baht with pool and small gym . Balcony is a nice to have for evening smoke of cigar .

Any suggestions would be appreciated .

I can recommend the Pattaya Bay Resort, but it's a bit above the 1000 Baht price during December and January since this is in the high season. The price for a standard room is about 1400 Baht, and you have to add 7% tax to that which makes it almost 1500 Baht. But they do have a roof-top pool, and a fitness center. Breakfast is included and they're very guest-friendly. It's less than a 10 minute walk to Soi LK Metro. Click here.

Bakwan

I myself wonder about decent place to stay in this area. From what i found is this site

http://www.lkmetropattaya.com/kilkenny-bar.html

Almost all of the bars listed there have own website, so if you take a trouble to google them, you 'll probably find what you want. Unfortunately, the place i'm the most curious about, Keerati hotel, doesn't have the site. I heard they have an agreement with LK Metropole hotel about its swimming pool and gym, you can use it for free if you stay at Keerati.

Here is a view of Keerati hotel, its windows overlook Shampagne go-go.

http://www.pattayaphotoguide.com/?BNvRUeZrkc5B7CAA

I know that most of the rooms in the area won't cost you more than 1000 per night, it's rather even less.

P.S. Just have tried to google for Keerati again, and, what a pleasant surprise, they had the website running ! It's a boutique hotel,the rooms are very, very nice.. and on the cheap side, too. But, what a damper :

"* A charge of 300 baht will be applied when extra person is required." . Fuck.. Can't believe that such a small hotel can ask for joiner fee !

http://keeratihomestay.com/room.html

Edited by andrew

I've gathered that the Soi LK/Diana/Bukhaow area is a good location for Beach , WS and nightlife . I'm looking to stay , at a minumum from Mid december to Feb. 1 2011 .

Would appreciate help in selecting girl friendly hotel , around 1000 baht with pool and small gym . Balcony is a nice to have for evening smoke of cigar .

Any suggestions would be appreciated .

http://www.opeydeplacepattaya.com/

That hotel comes in under your budget. The swimming pool is a good size one that you can actually swim in unlike The Pattaya Bay Resort pool which is only big enough for a dip to cool down. The rooms at The PBR are much better though and there rooms have in room safes.

Just on hotels

Pattaya Bay Resort is really very good. Gym is not great though but the staff, private type pool and restaurant are excellent. LK Metropole has a better gym but pool and restaurant not as good so PBR overall is better - just my thoughts though.

I am NOT sure 1000bht is sufficient for your criteria of pool, gym and balcony, during Peak season.

Only Opey de Place comes in less than 1000bht, but no gym listed on website.

For what you want during High Season you really need to budget 1500bht plus, although you may be able to negotiate a discount for a long stay.

Many thanks to the above BM's for their helpful replies . I will look at all suggestions .

i've asked a BM who stayed in Keerati a week ago. He said they didn't charge him for bringing a girl to his room. And yes, you can use Metropol's gym and pool for free.

The LK at the top of soi Buakhao is a really good hotel,has a pool but no gym,800 a night 4500 a week or 15,000 a month all in.really good clean well furnished rooms or try the LK Royal Suites over the road from that one.has a gym.the link is for pictures you will get a better deal direct with the hotel.

http://www.agoda.com/asia/thailand/pattaya/lk_royal_suite_hotel.html

Edited by miles stewart

for 2 months you might want to look at booking an apartment and save 1000,s of baht.

contact,i think its dancewatcher,hes in the know about that kind of thing.

The LK at the top of soi Buakhao is a really good hotel,has a pool but no gym,800 a night 4500 a week or 15,000 a month all in.really good clean well furnished rooms or try the LK Royal Suites over the road from that one.has a gym.the link is for pictures you will get a better deal direct with the hotel.

http://www.agoda.com/asia/thailand/pattaya/lk_royal_suite_hotel.html

Thanks Miles . Lots of LK hotels so am I correct in assuming the one you are thinking of is LK Mansion ?

for 2 months you might want to look at booking an apartment and save 1000,s of baht.

contact,i think its dancewatcher,hes in the know about that kind of thing.

If I like Pattaya I may look at apartments on future trips but for the virgin trip I would like a location where there is lots of activity since I don't know anyone in Pattaya.

Thanks Miles . Lots of LK hotels so am I correct in assuming the one you are thinking of is LK Mansion ?

thats correct,

their number is 038720022-4

email [email protected]

one tip i will offer you if you decide to stay there,dont take the first room they offer you ask to look at 3 or 4.

some are a lot bigger than others some have better views etc.

they are all the same price so choose the best room for you.

If I like Pattaya I may look at apartments on future trips but for the virgin trip I would like a location where there is lots of activity since I don't know anyone in Pattaya.

You're right - apartments appear good on paper but in reality lack many of the services unless you pay extra (which consequently jack up the prices). As others have stated, you will struggle to find everything on your wish list for under 1000 Baht. I would prioritise the hotel and pool and maybe think about a visit to Tony's gym if you're serious about fitness. PBR fitness room was a joke when I stayed there - the (few) machines didn't work and the weights wouldn't challenge a 8-year old. If you can get a room deal which includes use of LK Metropole gym, then that will probably be your best option.

Keerati is probably the best option in that area to my knollage as previously stated you get use of the pool and gym at LK metropole also they have 3 types of room available the smallest was 600 - 750bhat a night, with kitchen i think was 700 - 900bhat per night then they have the suits on top floor which are really good for i think 1000 - 1500 per night. I'm not to sure on prices as i've not stayed there for over a year now but i remember it was pretty good free and fast wifi and i had some really good times in there SPAM WORD suite :GoldenSmile1: