IGNORED

Safest way to rent an apartment/condo privately?

TicketHolder

Hi!

The last times I`ve been in Pattaya I have always rented a hotel room.

This time around I want to try and rent a condo, since I`m staying a month.

I have found a private condo which I like on this forum.

But I find it a bit scary to send a deposit to someone I`ve never met and who is renting out privately.

I mean the worst scenario could be that I suddenly never get a hold of this person again after paying a deposit..

How would you recommend arranging with the deposit and the rental agreement?

Just want to make it clear that I have no suspicion of being cheated, I just want to be safe.

If you want to be 100% sure and safe then book into a hotel for your first couple of nights and then sort your condo once you get there. I did that, spent a day walking and calling into condo blocks to see what vacancies they had, there were plenty. I got a one bed on soi 1, less than 100 yards from the beach for 20k a month. No worries over losing a deposit then as you are on the ground so to speak. Like you I'd be wary about making a private arrangement over the net before I got there.

If you want to be 100% sure and safe then book into a hotel for your first couple of nights and then sort your condo once you get there. I did that, spent a day walking and calling into condo blocks to see what vacancies they had, there were plenty. I got a one bed on soi 1, less than 100 yards from the beach for 20k a month. No worries over losing a deposit then as you are on the ground so to speak. Like you I'd be wary about making a private arrangement over the net before I got there.

Hi,

Yeah I`ve considered this also.

I`m just afraid that if I do that then I wont find anything in my price range.

This is the first time Im going in the high season and Im trying to keep the expenses low, 10,000-15,000 rent per month.

Do you know if it is really that hard to find accommodation in the high season?

From my experience of searching on the net it seems like many/most places are already starting to sell out for Dec-Jan

Should be very easy, I'm looking at the same range too for the high season and so far I'm finding lots of rooms.

Should be very easy, I'm looking at the same range too for the high season and so far I'm finding lots of rooms.

Great web-site "George 111" never come across it before! :001_Thank_You5:

Yeah thanks for the site!

Or why not book with Dancewatcher?

Great condos and very nice people to deal with. Check the reports on here.

H.

"I got 99 problems but a bitch ain't one." Jay Z, 99 Problems, The Black Album

• 2 weeks later...

Looking for condo in north pattaya 2-3 months

any help, the 10-15K range

tks

I ended up booking at LK Premier. Costs 15000 per month with water, electricity and maid service included. I think they offer 12000 a month for stays 3 months and up. Its not North Pattaya, It`s central. From the pictures it looks rather nice and also in the same price range as many private condos. Check it out

http://www.lkpattaya.com/room_detail.php?room_name=Standard%20Room&hotel=LK%20Premier

I also have only stayed in hotels in the past as most of my stays have been ~2 weeks. My next trip will be much longer ~3-5 months and I plan to stay in a condo as a hotel would be too expensive. I plan to stay at my usual hotel for ~1-1.5 weeks and look for condo's during that period.

Or why not book with Dancewatcher?

Great condos and very nice people to deal with. Check the reports on here.

H.

I was planning to use Dancewatcher but they are currently booked until March 2011! I would love to get a condo in View Talay 6 (and still might try to find one in there through a private party if available in January) as they look great and the location is perfect. If Dancewatcher had condo's available it would be a no brainer as they have awesome reviews and from the few emails I've exchanged they are very professional.

Someday, somebody will ski that

I ended up booking at LK Premier. Costs 15000 per month with water, electricity and maid service included. I think they offer 12000 a month for stays 3 months and up. Its not North Pattaya, It`s central. From the pictures it looks rather nice and also in the same price range as many private condos. Check it out

http://www.lkpattaya.com/room_detail.php?room_name=Standard%20Room&hotel=LK%20Premier

When are you staying? Please be sure to update the thread and post a review of the facilities/staff/everything hehe :) I didn't realize the LK Premier was so affordable and may consider staying here for my extended stay. The included water/electricity/maid service is a definite plus! Do they have a pool/gym at this location?

Someday, somebody will ski that

When are you staying? Please be sure to update the thread and post a review of the facilities/staff/everything hehe :) I didn't realize the LK Premier was so affordable and may consider staying here for my extended stay. The included water/electricity/maid service is a definite plus! Do they have a pool/gym at this location?

Yeah I sure will. I`m booked from 16th December till 11th January. As I understand they have stripped down the facilities as pool and gym + that it is a little further from Walking Street is what makes it so affordable. It is located close to 3rd road and central road. I called and asked if they charge extra if I bring girls to the room, they said no, so it is girl friendly too :D

Hopefully the quality is the same as the other LK hotels. But all will be revealed in December !

Yeah I sure will. I`m booked from 16th December till 11th January. As I understand they have stripped down the facilities as pool and gym + that it is a little further from Walking Street is what makes it so affordable. It is located close to 3rd road and central road. I called and asked if they charge extra if I bring girls to the room, they said no, so it is girl friendly too :D

Hopefully the quality is the same as the other LK hotels. But all will be revealed in December !

hi ticketholder

what was the price as when i look at there web site it was not that good and as i will be there for ten weeks i was looking for someing nice i think i will just book in to a hotel and have a look around but do let me know what they quoted :001_Thank_You5:

hi ticketholder

what was the price as when i look at there web site it was not that good and as i will be there for ten weeks i was looking for someing nice i think i will just book in to a hotel and have a look around but do let me know what they quoted :001_Thank_You5:

Hi Scaffman,

On their website you have to check availability of 30 days to get the option of monthly rate at 15000 and 90 days for option of the 3 months rate at 12000.

Check out this page too, it gives a better idea about where it is and the facilities. They told me on the phone that they have safe boxes in the rooms as well.

http://www.soidb.com/en/pattaya/stay/serviced_apartment/lk_premier_residence.html

Hi Scaffman,

On their website you have to check availability of 30 days to get the option of monthly rate at 15000 and 90 days for option of the 3 months rate at 12000.

Check out this page too, it gives a better idea about where it is and the facilities. They told me on the phone that they have safe boxes in the rooms as well.

http://www.soidb.com/en/pattaya/stay/serviced_apartment/lk_premier_residence.html

this does look like a real bargain. on the internet offer rate on the LK site, you can stay for 3 months over high season for 500B a night! Only catch is payment up front on reservation.

If you're not thinking about pussy then you're just not concentrating.