Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Do you have a Car/Truck/Van or Driver to do deliveries?

simonb

Hi All

My partner's business (Isan Flowers) is looking for a cheaper way to do deliveries to places outside central Pattaya (e.g. Na Jomtien, Sattahip, Rayong, Laem Chabang, Sri Racha, etc). Because we don't have a car/truck/van of our own, we currently have

a Thai taxi company that we use.

However, we need to reduce the cost. We don't need to go to these locations every day. This is an opportunity for someone who

already has a car/truck/van or driver and some spare capacity/time during the day to earn some extra cash by doing occasional

journeys for us.

Our deliveries are usually for Bouquets of Flowers, often with Soft Toys, Cakes and/or Balloons - so nothing dirty or bulky. One of

our (Thai) staff will usually travel with the delivery to ensure we find the delivery address OK and take a delivery photo of the

recipient. We usually also check the recipient will be at the address before we go - to minimize wasted journeys. Deliveries would be normally sometime between 10am and 10.pm and we could usually give you a few hours advance notice (sometimes 24 hrs or

more) and a departure time window (e.g. start going to the delivery location in 1-2 hours time or more)

If you think you can help us with our delivery service in this way, please let me know (via this thread or a PM) what your prices

would be to, say ...

- Sattahip

- Rayong

- Laem Chabang

- Sri Racha

Best Regards

Simon

Isan Flowers - Pattaya's Flower, Balloon & Gift Service - Please Tell Your Friends

Hi All

My partner's business (Isan Flowers) is looking for a cheaper way to do deliveries to places outside central Pattaya (e.g. Na Jomtien, Sattahip, Rayong, Laem Chabang, Sri Racha, etc). Because we don't have a car/truck/van of our own, we currently have

a Thai taxi company that we use.

However, we need to reduce the cost. We don't need to go to these locations every day. This is an opportunity for someone who

already has a car/truck/van or driver and some spare capacity/time during the day to earn some extra cash by doing occasional

journeys for us.

Simon

A shop that delivers not having a car .... :Hit_Self:

A taxi does the trip to Sattahip or Rayong for let's say 300/400 bath .

Let's do some math ,

50/60 km to Sattahip/Rayong , 2 way is 100/120 km

10/12 km to the litre is 9/12 litres a 30 bath = 270/360 bath .

So you wanna find someone driving 2/3 hours on command to make

50 bath ( not mentioned the maintenance on the car ) .

"Reduce cost" .... how ?

Good advice , ask 50/100 bath more for a delivery and stay with the

taxi company , or get yourself a car .

Hi Jerry

Thank you for your comments! I understand and appreciate your surprise that we do not have a car but there are good reasons for that ...

• I am based in the UK most of the time while my Thai partner and girlfriend runs our shop. So, I don't have a car/truck and am not there to drive it even if I did
  • the vast majority of our deliveries are in the main Pattaya areas and can be done by our existing staff using (our own) motorbike
  • I cannot therefore justify the (high) expense of buying and running a car (every informed piece of advice I have seen says don't buy second-hand, new cars/trucks are expensive and I don't need one myself as I am mostly in the UK)
  • None of our staff can drive or have a driving licence and we cannot justify the expense of taking on an extra staff person just to do deliveries, for the reasons above

The prices we have been given for a return journey by a service that we know is reliable are more expensive than you have said. They are ..

• Laem Chabang - 500B
  • Sri Racha - 700B
  • Sattahip - 700B
  • Rayong - 1200B

... which I think (and you seem to also) is probably expensive (more than the value of the flowers in some cases!) and is a barrier, which I would like to obviously overcome, for our expansion.

Do you know and recommend a reliable driver/taxi service that can do a return journey to Sattahip and/or Rayong for 300/400B?

- I'd be grateful if you could give the their contact details ...

Simon

Edited by simonb

Isan Flowers - Pattaya's Flower, Balloon & Gift Service - Please Tell Your Friends