IGNORED

Where To Buy Cheap Fruit?

soundblaster

All the fruit in Pattaya is cheap except the exotic imported fruits, such as cherries from California. Pattaya has stationary fruit vendors and roving fruit vendors. Your will not have a problem finding fruit at your desired price. The produce section in Big C on second rode has a wide variety of fresh fruit juice also. The fresh squeezed orange juice on the street is not to be missed.

a49.jpg

All the fruit in Pattaya is cheap except the exotic imported fruits, such as cherries from California. Pattaya has stationary fruit vendors and roving fruit vendors. Your will not have a problem finding fruit at your desired price. The produce section in Big C on second rode has a wide variety of fresh fruit juice also. The fresh squeezed orange juice on the street is not to be missed.

To make myself clear, which supermarket or market has the cheapest fruit if you buy in bulk?

To make myself clear, which supermarket or market has the cheapest fruit if you buy in bulk?

That's difficult to say because the open air markets are cheaper than the supermarkets. Their are open air fruit markets behind Mikes Mall and on Soi Buakhow just to name two. The fruit section in Big C (2nd Road) is my personal favorite. The prices are so low I would just buy from the market that's most convenient to your location.

I'm not sure I would agree that the fruit is 'cheap' here. I would have thought that as it is grown here in abundance it would be cheap. The other day i paid 100 baht (in the market) for 2 dragon fruit and 1 pomegranite (spelling?). That's half a days pay for a thai for 3 pieces of fruit.

I'm not sure I would agree that the fruit is 'cheap' here. I would have thought that as it is grown here in abundance it would be cheap. The other day i paid 100 baht (in the market) for 2 dragon fruit and 1 pomegranite (spelling?). That's half a days pay for a thai for 3 pieces of fruit.

Hello Chris2004

Most of the Thai ladies I hang out with don't buy fruit in the market. They buy from street vendors and share with their friends. As for the average Thai, I don't know. When in Pattaya I eat a serving of Pineappple and a serving of Watermelon for breakfast for the price of 40 baht.

My understanding of the Food markets is that the Government decides wholesale food prices However I do stand to be corrected on that .

So there is not much flexibility on price. I do find though , that the Thai grown food (Fruit) just seems to be bland with no flavour.

Another thing I have noticed is that imported fruit seems to last a long time on the shelf . I suspect maybe irradiated to give it longevity

For cheap fruit in bulk try the fresh market in South Pattaya open around the clock.

For even cheaper there are fruitsellers on special pickups that runs around the streets and sois often using loudspeakers to announce their fruits and prices.

The Tuesday/Friday open air market at the southern end of Soi Bua Khao also has cheap fruits.

Malls and supermarkets are more expensive and worse qualtity, although you can find some imported foreign fruits in there.

Prices depends on the seasons, most fruits are ripe and sold in abundance in April-May, other times of the year some fruits are more rare and hence expensive.

Fruit.jpg

Plahgat

When no money... she no give honey! 

For cheap fruit in bulk try the fresh market in South Pattaya open around the clock.

For even cheaper there are fruitsellers on special pickups that runs around the streets and sois often using loudspeakers to announce their fruits and prices.

The Tuesday/Friday open air market at the southern end of Soi Bua Khao also has cheap fruits.

Malls and supermarkets are more expensive and worse qualtity, although you can find some imported foreign fruits in there.

Prices depends on the seasons, most fruits are ripe and sold in abundance in April-May, other times of the year some fruits are more rare and hence expensive.

Fruit.jpg

Plahgat

Thnx.

if you go to soi 5 in jomtien and walk to the end of the soi, there is a fruit stand area and restuarants there that seem to have some pretty low prices. soi 5 is the same street that immigration is on...