IGNORED

Pattaya to Ko Samet

brucemb

Have got a brief interlude with tgf-waqnt to visit KS for just 2 nights.

How would you go from Pattaya===============Bus Taxi Minibus??

Any idea if cost?? and time to get there??

I know to go to Ban Phu?? to get the ferry.

Thanks

Good shout I like the look of Koh Samet. Think ill be doing at least a day trip there as well as Koh Larn. So you drive to Ban Phe (about an hour away from Pattaya) Then you get a ferry to the island. It goes to 3 piers on Samet Island, which are Thadan Pier (25min), Praw Pier (30min) & Vong Duen Pier (45min) The ferries run from 6am to 5pm. It's a national park so you have to pay entrance, the link below says 200bt but im not sure how recent that link is so maybe double that. I'm not really one for jetskiing but snorkeling sounds nice.

Here are some ferry times and there is more info in the link below.

Ferry Schedule from Ban Phe to Koh Samet:

Ferry leaves at 9:00, 12:00, 13:30 and 17:00 every day to Vong Duern Beach at 40 Baht per ticket

Ferry leaves at 11:30 and 14:00 to Ao Wai at the cost of 80 Baht per ticket

Ferry leaves at 10:00 Ao Kiu at 100 Baht per ticket

Ferry leaves at 08:00, 11:00, 13:00 and 16:00 to Ao Prao at 80 Baht per ticket

Ferry Schedule from Koh Samet to Ban Phe

Ferry leaves Vong Duern Beach at 08:30, 12:00, and 15:30

Ferry leaves Ao Wai at 14:00

Ferry leaves Ao Kiu at 08:00 and 12:00

Ferry leaves Ao Prao at at 10:00, 12:30, 15:00 and 17:00.

Getting Around Koh Samet

There are two methods to get around the island. The first is by songthaew, this is just a pickup truck with the passengers sitting in the back. It costs 200 baht for a private trip, or between 20 and 60 baht per person for a full car, depending on which beach you are going to. This is a rather expensive method to get around the island, and the dusty roads can make it an uncomfortable trip. The second way is by renting a motorcycle. Signs advertise 300 baht per day or 100 baht per hour, but when you go to enquire about renting they will often say 400 or 500 baht per day. Insist on paying 300 baht. You will usually be able to rent it from the hotel you are staying at. Leaving your passport or a deposit is not necessary or advisable.

http://www.pattayai.com/pattaya-attractions/side-trips-koh-samet.php

edit just noticed there is actually a thread on Koh Samet so might be worth checking that too.

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/510-koh-samet/

Edited by kopite

I've not been to Koh Samet but I have been to Koh Chang from Pattaya. That cost 600baht each by mini bus booked at a Tourist ravel shop. It took about 5 hours I think. Koh Samets further, I wouldn't want to do it for just 2 days, but I wouldn't really recommend Koh Chang either.

Koh Samets further,

Koh Samet is much closer than Koh Chang

cheers

I took a mini bus from Pattaya for 900 baht for 2 people (one way). And we where the only people in the mini bus.

I am not sure but i think 1 hour or 1.30 driving from Pattaya.

Back taxi from the pier to Pattaya for 800 baht. They ask first 1000.

From the Piet i took fast motorboat for 2000 roundtrip to Hat Sai Kaew beach.

At hat Sai Kaew i rent a house on the beach for 1200 one night.

Koh Samet is much closer than Koh Chang

cheers

:Booboo: What a dumb ass I am, sorry. I would of Koh Samet if I'd known, bit more research for be before my next Island trip.

Found this links doing a search on the forum and thought they may help.

http://www.malibu-tr...uTransport.html

http://www.35grouppa...option=schedule

I'm also looking at picking up a BG and going over for a few days on my next trip.

Wish this count down timer would hurry up. :GoldenSmile1:

:Booboo: What a dumb ass I am, sorry. I would of Koh Samet if I'd known, bit more research for be before my next Island trip.

no problems mate

koh samit is a nice island and quite close to patts, good to go with your tgf, gig or fav bg, but not much action on the island itself. I always stay at samed villa

http://www.samedvilla.com/

Went there again recently.

You can drive, go by bus or Taxi from Pattaya, just head for Rayong and then through Rayong signs for Ban Phe/Koh samet, about 1 & half hrs, arrive at Ban Phe port, dont get conned into booking your Hotel/room by the touts who will maybe tell you you have to book with them, just ask for a ferry ticket, you can go by speedboat but they will want maybe 1000 baht which is not bad if there are 3/4/5 sharing as the 1000 is for all but you maybe able to knock them down if your hard nosed enough and tell them "never mind I go Ferry" the ferry is 40 baht.

I have only been to Sai kaew beach so cant comment on the other places but is nice and good sand, water and accommodation although more pricey than Pattaya, a nice but very average room with A/C, no safe, no wifi, crap TV programmes, en-suite, but right by the beach from 1000baht per night, there are other options along the road into the Island, there are loads of beach side rooms/chalets etc all along Sai kaeo beach.

A good choice of bars, its great to eat on the beach and there is a good bar that does the evenings entertainment with Fire show and live Music, there is an internet cafe, a 7/11 and various other conveniences.

Be careful with the internet booking sites as they offer the rooms on the Island about 2/3/400% over the actual prices that you can get by just turning up and they are not busy now, Its a great quick to get to Island for a few days break from Pattaya.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

PS, watch out for the foot massage on the beach, 300 baht an hour, not very good and they poke about with your feet and try and charge you 100 baht for pedicure.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

i love samet, a beautiful place.

i always get a taxi for convience straight to the quay and a speed boat. wait until there are several of you and share the boat. much quicker and easier all round. also u avoid the national park toal for non-thai. doesnt cost that much more and much more comfortable especially when you are going for such a short visit. try some of the beaches around the cost from the ferry landing spot, look at the map on the main land and pick a beach and the speed boat will drop u right there on the beach. then just walk into some of the many places and get a room.

great place to bring a girl. enjoy the fire show.

thanks for your advice-most welcome

any other suggestions where to stay 800-1500 bht per night

cheers

thanks for your advice-most welcome

any other suggestions where to stay 800-1500 bht per night

cheers

BTW better to go mid week for the best deal on accomadation, weekends and thai national holidays it gets busy as it is a popular weekend getaway for middle class thai's from bkk

cheers

One guy I spoke to got ripped off for 4000 baht on the speedboat going to the island so be careful.I think I paid 200 to share one.

If you hire a motorbike to look around the island make sure you've got your wits about you because the roads have no tarmac and they are rough and steep with deep gouges where the rain has washed away the top soil.

It's a great place to relax but quite a small island compared to Koh Chang.3 or 4 days is plenty of time here.

hi,

i went to samet in may and we payed 300 baht incl. ferry (one way). we booked it with a travel agency on soi bukhaow.it was a mini bus. if you take one of those pick up taxis on the island just tell them to drop you off before you drive thruh the gate into the national park so you dont have to pay the entry fee for the national park.

• 5 months later...

can some 1 help me understand

i go from patts to nadan pier get down there .my destination may be sai kaew beach or ao vongduen beach .

so can i walk it out from the pier to the above said places or its advisable to take the songtaw.

and if i stay at samet villa can i walk thru the beaches at night to and fro the place where the party happens SILVERSANDS??

• 2 weeks later...

can some 1 help me understand

i go from patts to nadan pier get down there .my destination may be sai kaew beach or ao vongduen beach .

so can i walk it out from the pier to the above said places or its advisable to take the songtaw.

and if i stay at samet villa can i walk thru the beaches at night to and fro the place where the party happens SILVERSANDS??

If you stay at the villa, I am sure that you can walk to Silver Sand. When I take the ferry to Koh Samet..i usually find a room in town near the action for 700 bahts a day with aircond. After unpacking, it is a five minute walk to the beach. I find it very insulting that they charge tourist to go into the National Park 200 bahts and Thai nationals 10 bahts. I never pay that fee anymore by just walking through to the beach and telling them my room is on the beach, already paid. I really wonder where the money goes because there is no accounting for it. Some are collected by the speed boats, others at the gates, and sometimes someone a the beach will just come up to you for money...who knows. I would only take the bus from beach to beach. Around town there is walking roads to the pier and a tem minute walk.

cheers tommy x

cheers, Tommy of Richmond

why sleep if you are going to get up anyway?

I booked Mr T. Taxi to to take me there on the 13th. They are charging me 850. I probably could have got cheaper, but it is Songkran.