Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

What is the Queen Vic Like?

newtothis

If you mean Queen Victoria in Soi 6, it's the right place to stay, one of the best hotel deals in town . Their deluxe rooms for 900 baht just can't be beaten.

If you mean Queen Vic in soi Honey, that's another matter. I've never stayed there and know nothing about the place.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Any feedback, bad or good?

Looking to stay with a few friends!

Cheers

the Queen vic is ok but very often full if this is so try the Ruby club just up the road on Soi 6 it is clean modern and at 600 baht a bargain casey

Hi,

Cheers

I've stayed at the QV on all my trips to pattaya, and you can't beat it for price, location,

and Vic the owner is a great guy to have a chat with, check out the website, but book early...

• 2 weeks later...

I too am a big fan of the Vic. I stay at least a portion of every trip there. The rooms are clean and kept that way, and as has been said the 900Bt deluxe rooms are terrific value. The bar downstairs does good food, though you will find it cheaper elsewhere if you don't value the convenience.

I will say two things you'd need to be able to cope with:

1. It's a noisy place. There's the noise from the street - it's pretty amzing how certain little Thai ladies manage to keep screaming from 1pm to 1am "WEEEELLLCOOOOOOME... MISSSTEEEEEER..." etc, the noise really does travel to the rooms facing onto the Soi. Second in the hotel itself there is often quite a bit of noise throughout the night. Of course it's a hotel mostly full of pretty serious mongers, in the middle of a pretty far-out Soi, with resulting comings and goings pretty much all night. Bottom line is it might not suit light sleepers.

2. The street itself. This is a no-nonsense serious mongering Soi, and you need to be comfortable with the constant barrage in your normal comings and goings from the Vic. Even from first thing in the morning the constant "where you go" etc from the ladyboys in particular can get tedious very quickly - especially if you're tired and/or sporting a hangover. When you are actually staying on Soi 6, after a few days the whole grabby arm etc scene can get a bit much for some people. Bottom line is I think you need to be a pretty resilient person to stay on 6 for any length of time.

If you can overcone these two points, there are few finer places to stay anywhere in Pattaya, IMHO.

• 2 weeks later...

Have to agree with Wardrobe about the noise. I like the balcony on the top floor front but if the bar's are having street parties it can be a bit much. I find after I have been their a few days the BGs and LBs recognize me and leave me to go my own way unless I show some interest.

• 3 weeks later...

I have just returned, I can't speak highly enough of it~Highly recommended. Clean & fantastic service.

Not a late night 'party' hotel, it's very civilised, Soi 6 is kinda dropping at 1 in the morning anyway, but a wonderful base if you want to live in Soi 6.

There has to be a pun here about ladyboys & back entrance :LOL:

Seriously though, I've just come back from 10 days there, if my review is useful to you it's here:

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/68085-5-15th-queen-vic-soi-6/

Edited by Pauly

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah the rooms are in ok shape I agree. But the owner is a mentally retarded ass wipe, beware. :Brain_Fart:

I stayed there 2 years ago and had lunch/dinner a few times. All I regret because of the moron who owns the place.

There are countless other options in pattaya that not only have better rooms but also much more decent owners who care about their customers.

All in all I would say: stay away just for that ass wipe who owns that place (who seems to think he owns to own the universe now, dining with the pattaya mayor and stuff like that :Whistle: ).

We all love Soi 6 but you can stay at many other places and be there paying 10 bahts on a bus or by walking a couple of minutes.

It strikes me how that place stays in good shape despite the ass hole who owns it, I guess the Thai wife factor keeps it running despite "Queen vic's" toilet paper that was relocated to Pattaya after being discarded in the UK... Happy birthday "Vic" :HappyBDay1:

Warning: "Vic" lovers, do not bother to flame me for telling the truth. Just look at that moron's photo on his website and you will get the point. :Finger5:

I'd say for Queen vic: :SoWhat1:

:001_Thank_You5: FOR that! Two years on and you still dont like him .Has he upset you? or are you jealous that he has made it in los.My opinion like a lot of the other guys on this forum like vic he has never been un polite or rude.OK he may be a bit ugly.and short .BUT I LIKE HIM..and i am ugly too :GoldenSmile1:

cheers chris :GiveBeer1:

Wriggley Tin 1

Yeah the rooms are in ok shape I agree. But the owner is a mentally retarded ass wipe, beware.

I'm not bosom buddies with the guy. I've stayed there a few times and he treated me OK. But credit where it's due: he runs a fine (and let us not forget successful) establishment that gives great value in a unique location. I have no problem with him schmoozing with the mayor of Pattaya -- in fact, I'd hazard that him maintaining good relations with the local government is a good thing for him, his business and, by extension, me the customer.

I do wish they'd install some sort of motorized cable winch on the balconies so that I could occasionally reel in a short time honey from the street below

Edited by jasonbalmer

It was my first trip to Pattaya, and i choose the QV as a place to stay. I opt'd to use their van service instead of a Taxi. The driver was there on time, and I didn't have to look around for him. The driver was quite good and the trip was fast.

Queen Vic is is situated exactly 1/2 way up Soi 6 . The rooms are clean and have all you need in them I was in room 221 with a view on to the Soi which is very interesting. The staff and Vic were great . When I return to Pattaya this will be my hotel of choice. The only negative thing is no lift up to the rooms. price, location and and frindly staff good food this can easly be overlooked.

Hi,

Cheers

Rooms are good value for money, great spot to stay. Do it.

Rooms are good value for money, great spot to stay. Do it.

I agree stayed there last year for 4 nights.

I had a bad meal there fairly recently B300 wasted as it was inedible, i emailed the pub, not for a rebate but just an apology would have been nice, never got a reply so its off my dining list

• 2 months later...

It strikes me how that place stays in good shape despite the ass hole who owns it, I guess the Thai wife factor keeps it running despite "queen vic's" toilet paper that was relocated to Pattaya after being discarded in the UK... Happy birthday "Vic" :HappyBDay1:

Did he fuck your girlfriend or something ? You seem very bitter, as well as clueless.

This particular quote shows how little you know. If it were up to his wife, he wouldn't have spent hundreds of thousands of baht refurbishing the rooms a couple of years ago. Sometimes he gets a little tetchy, but one thing you can not accuse him of is not looking after the rooms.

I had a bad meal there fairly recently B300 wasted as it was inedible, i emailed the pub, not for a rebate but just an apology would have been nice, never got a reply so its off my dining list

Why didn't you complain at the time ? I would, not wait and send an e-mail.