Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Working trip, need room with some office-like accomodations, suggestion?

Wally Hotvedt

Trip dates are firming up and I wanted to ping the BM's to see if I can get some suggestions on accommodations. I'd like to stay near/in the Soi Diana/LK Metro area, arriving just before Halloween, prob be in the area for 4-6 weeks.

Need: uber steady wi-fi connection, additional working desk space with good chair, and some quiet during the morning/day. Desk doesn't need to be gi-normus, but I do need something a bit oversized to hold gear (2 laptop computers, monitor, cam, phone, scanner, printer, etc) and a lot of the desks that I see in the room photos are just too small with lousy chairs.

Appreciate any suggestions/pointers

"I'd pork her. Or, if her religion forbade pork, I'd beef her. If it turned out she was a vegetarian, I'd give her an extra firm slab of tofu."

• 5 months later...

ok, for reals this time. arrive BKK 10:30a Apr 13, should be in Patts by 1p if all goes well. Anybody have a suggestion? Or even a link to a listing of all the hotels in the Soi Diana/LK Metro area?

"I'd pork her. Or, if her religion forbade pork, I'd beef her. If it turned out she was a vegetarian, I'd give her an extra firm slab of tofu."

Soi Diana & Metro just ain't quiet.

Try the LK Renaisance or Metropole on soi diana.

On my last working trip to Thailand I used a suite at the LK Pavilion on 3rd road.

(30,000 baht per month.)

bah, bummer, thought that was a quiet area. Then I think I'm just going to book 4 days at the Pattaya Bay Resort and then look around for a long term somewhere. Thanks for the reply, I'm footing my own bill for the lodging on the trip - if I was on an expense account then the Metropole would prob be my go to.

ok, for reals this time. arrive BKK 10:30a Apr 13, should be in Patts by 1p if all goes well. Anybody have a suggestion? Or even a link to a listing of all the hotels in the Soi Diana/LK Metro area?

Hi 'Wally Hotvedt'

A friend of mine has 2 apartments in Pattaya, for renting or purchasing..I have been in these apartments, and 1 of them may very well suit you.

His name is Tom Donnelly, and can be contacted on 0811569428. Email addresses.

[email protected]

tdcaquapurificationssystems.com

He is a very nice lad, and would after you very well..His apartments are in the same

building, and are spotlessy clean..Lift available and 24 hour security, and no noise..

Worth checking out in my opinion. :Number1a:

Edited by Eireann's Own

thanks EO, pinging him now to see what he has to offer. appreciate the heads up

EO, no go on the apts but he had a beautiful villa that I could have had, nice photos. Thanks for the help though

I've just had a very enjoyable stay at Pars Place. It's a small guesthouse (5 rooms) at the junction of Pattaya Tai & 3rd Road, with Soi Bauckow accessable by a 5 minute cut through. The owner Bernie is a top guy & really took care of us; he's a goldmine of money saving information!

There is the Gold Exchange nearby on Soi Rungland, which gives the best cash rate in Pattaya & a wholesalers next door with cheap cigarettes, booze & soft drinks. You can use the LK Pavillion's pool opposite the hotel for 50B & the WI-FI is both fast & reliable.

Bernie's website is very informative & should answer most if not all of your queries:

http://www.pars-place.com/index.html

sgu_banner.gif

EO, no go on the apts but he had a beautiful villa that I could have had, nice photos. Thanks for the help though

Hi 'Wally Hotvedt'

Many thanks for your reply, sorry that Tom could not be of assistance to you this time, but at least you have his contact details for future reference..I would suggest that time permitting, during your stay in Pattaya, you could meet up with him, and have a look at his 2 villas, a very pleasant surprise is in store for you.

Take care, and enjoy your stay in Pattaya.