Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Filling time in Patts besides sex and beer - How do you do it?

davedee

Just come back from two and a half weeks in Pattaya, always been into it's hedonistic way of life and drinking frenzys. I have been a total of five times now and this time i actually got a littlle fed up of the incessant drinking and butterflying. I also didn't know what to do on the very occasional night i stayed in and ended up watching a DVD in my hotel. I also realised that the biggest immediate danger in Patts is the roads. I was in the Soi Buakhao area and the roads were quite frankly a nightmare. This last trip has thrown into question my plan to retire there soon. The beer can't be good for you is such quantities and the butterflying gets a little repetative. So a few questions for guys who live there or anyone who wants to contribute.

1 How do you fill your time in Patts, especially at night?

2 Is it better to live in the quieter areas of Thailand?

3 What do you do about regulating the drinking?

4 Do you still butterfly or take the same BG?

Also: What do you do about health insurance, dentistry and routine medication?

Don't think i am shelving my plans to retire there or at least go there for some time, but i probably need to rethink the situation.

reality is an illusion caused by lack of alcohol.....

One day i'm gonna settle down with a nice TG, one of the sweet demure ones who have only had about 200 cocks as opposed to the usual 10,000+

I have a TG, i share her with 200 other men - we have an open relationship, she's open about asking for money after we fuck.

Make sure you bring any hobbies or interests with you.

Your right you must make plans for the 'down time' away from the 'party time'

Massively important imo other wise you can easily become a barfly and being in

Pattaya, all the bad things become exaggerated.

So many expats spend their waking hours drinking day and night, become jaded, sad and wasteful

When there's plenty to do

Cycling, swimming, lawn bowls, golf, fishing, shooting, pool comps (though you tend to drink there)

blah blah blah, but you get my drift.

Check bm cairns8 thread about his first 30 days as an expat and other such threads

Member since Dec 06.

Live where you want. If you want be close to the action then do it. If you think you can't handle it, you could move to Jomtien or Naklua. Things to do during the day can include gym, driving around, going to the beach, get a massage, play pool, going to the movie theater, etc. Regular drinking, well that's up to you, you could always do the other stuff to keep you busy if you have a problem with regulating the alcohol.

go to the top of this page "Pattaya Book Shops" next time you visit check out Canterbury Tales,i wish i had found it years ago.bluntly honest guys giving sound advise,plus a bit piss-taking thrown in for good humor.washed down with a British cuppa

I found Nong Nooch gardens a great place to completely relax and get away from the Soi madness for a day - or closer to home Budda hill is really nice and a good way to dissolve that hangover.

So a few questions for guys who live there or anyone who wants to contribute.

1 How do you fill your time in Patts, especially at night?

2 Is it better to live in the quieter areas of Thailand?

3 What do you do about regulating the drinking?

4 Do you still butterfly or take the same BG?

1) At night isn't really a problem as you got lot's of possibilities, like: movie, restaurant, shopping, bowling, go-cart, shooting, nightmarket on Thepprasit road, visit to the beach at a quiet place....

2) a quieter area is nicer and less stressy but it's also easy to live still close enought to all the amenities that a touristic place has to offer like shops, restaurants and activities.

3)i stayed in LOS several times for a longer period like 6-8 weeks and the drinking will automatically decrease as soon as your body will send you signals that enough is enough. For a trip of 2-3 weeks i party everyday and hit the booze hard, but when i stay for a longer period i try to live at a slower pace and even stay away from the partyscene for one or two days to recuperate. I also try to moderate my drinkingvolume so i can go 2 nights on 10 beers instead of one night with 20 beers. Personaly i was a hardcore beer Chang drinker but recently i switched to beer Leo as the alcohollevel is lower!

4) i have had it with butterflying after 21 trips and living for 1.5 year in LOS. Nowadays i try to settle myself with one BG for each destination that i stay at my trip, or she must be a bad performer or giving problems, then i change immediatelly! I am fed up with having the same talks everyday with lovely BG about my name, country ..... My age is pushing me from only fucking a massive amount of girls towards the great GFE with one BG during one trip!

Edited by themosch

A good girl gives you happiness and a bad girl gives you experience both are essential in life so enjoy every girlfriend!

gotta chime in here and plug the radio control car hobby... we practice often and race every sunday, if you need a hobby, give it a shot. nanotrax is on thepprasit road (in the orange and green shophouse complex aka nayada) so stop by for a go and see if you'd like to pass the time hangin out with the club (open daily 2pm - 8pm)

Sexy Pattaya Girls @ ShakeGirl.com - Follow Shake Girl on Facebook & Twitter

Many things to do..

Go have a massage, look new movie in Central or Major, go to the beach etc.

Koh Larn island outside Pattaya has some good beaches!

You can go there by boat for 20 bath one-way, from Bali Hai pier end of Walking Street.

Departure is every hour - though there are other boats going out there for a much higher price.

Go to Koh Samed!

You can take a 1 day tour to the island include buffet on the beach, and time for swimming + include minibus return from/to Pattaya.

Also the tiger Zoos, SriRacha and Million Years Stone Park (...) are worth the time.

Sanctuary of truth in Naklua is a must-see and go to place.

Big building and maybe a hidden "secret" in Pattaya.. :)

..you can get to Sanctuary of Truth on motorbike within 10-15 minutes from the Pattaya area! :)

Defianitely worth the time.

I bartend here in the states on a island full of tourists, needless to say without drinking I'd be broke and no job ( I like to put it that way ).

If you want to enjoy your life/vacation and live awhile to enjoy it, I say get up early and start your day. The habits I see of the bar fly

doing the same thing everyday kills me, I meet guys from all over the world that are boring as can be. Get a hobby, golf,photography,gems what ever just find something to do without a beer in hand. Most important get up early and start your day, you would be surprised how many things I find to do by the people I meet early in the day. In Thailand I have met a large number of great girls in the morning that are running errands before work at the office or mall, this has added to the pleasure of the place. Now you still need to hit the bars at night just not every night and don't always close them, enjoy your drink and never stop because without drinking I'd be broke with no job just less hangovers.

Good Luck

Edited by golf9

WHALE WARS the Sea Shephard is the BEST pirate ship on the seas. Go Paul.

• 4 weeks later...

bowling, golf, shooting, fishing, movies, play pool, swimming, pattaya park, crocodile farm, shopping, beach, sleep. :GoldenSmile1:

• 4 weeks later...

find any way that will help you keep fit!

this will also slow the drinking down as you wont want to ruin all your hard workouts that you have been doing. I did a six month stint in LOS and managed to keep drinking to a maximum of 4 nights a week.

I did a three day open-water diving course with Real Divers at Jomtien.

Can't speak highly enough of them or the diving itself. I got to see the outer islands, spent a few days in the sun, drank with the instructors (different local perspective)and really enjoyed it.

A few days out of the bars, Soi 6 etc, was fantastic so that when I went back, I was gagging for it.

An added benefit is that many good diving sites seem to coincide with mongering cities.

I now have a ready made excuse for my holidays.

Cheers,

toomuch

If you could be bothered with lots of words: my newbie trip report from November 2010

If you are thinking of retiring here you will need to live on the darkside, which will kerb your drinking a little, as it has done with me, i do a little gardening, bbqs at night wash the car and bikes general cleaning & washing and household chores, not forgeting food shopping. You will be suprised on how much time these every day duties takes up. 2 weeks holiday is nothing like actually living here.

For the last ten years I've done local and international volunteering and have found a lot of personal satisfaction in it. I've volunteered in Chiang Mai and Amphur Fang and met all kinds of Thais you'd ordinarily not rub shoulders with.

I brought Father Brennan (Pattaya Orphanage) some supplies back in the day and noticed there were foreigners volunteering there. I'm not sure about Pattaya temples but I believe many have remedial courses for adults including English language.

And there's probably a chance to do something on an individual basis but those efforts usually fizzle.

It's something I find very rewarding. When I retire I'm excited about the chances I'll have to volunteer.

Edited by DrK

Good thread. I'm going to Pattaya primarily to train Muay Thai kickboxing, so I won't be doing much if any drinking in the evening or having all nighters (as it ruins my training the next day).

One thing that I definitely want to try is Ziplining - apparently the facility there is top notch. For the adventurous, there's also a skydiving school that seems to be very well run.

Lots of good ideas to be found here:

http://www.tripadvisor.ca/Tourism-g293919-Pattaya-Vacations.html

• 2 weeks later...

..you can get to Sanctuary of Truth on motorbike within 10-15 minutes from the Pattaya area! :)

Defianitely worth the time.

Seems a bit ironic having a sanctuary of truth in pattaya, don't you think, why did'nt they call it Sanctuary of bullshit lmao

No money no honey, Bollocks I say no honey no money

If you really have to ask these questions, first thing I would say I'd attend an AA meeting before coming here again. When you get here take a scuba class, that will give you something to do and tire you out so you won't be out drinking so late. Diving isn't great here but it's OK. Really it is not that difficult to just live a normal life without barhopping every night unless you are really addicted to sex and alcohol, you don't have to do it everyday because you have the rest of your life. Its like living in Los Angeles, people there rarely visit Disneyland and Sunset Strip.

Many things to do..

Go have a massage, look new movie in Central or Major, go to the beach etc.

Koh Larn island outside Pattaya has some good beaches!

You can go there by boat for 20 bath one-way, from Bali Hai pier end of Walking Street.

Departure is every hour - though there are other boats going out there for a much higher price.

Go to Koh Samed!

You can take a 1 day tour to the island include buffet on the beach, and time for swimming + include minibus return from/to Pattaya.

Also the tiger Zoos, SriRacha and Million Years Stone Park (...) are worth the time.

Sanctuary of truth in Naklua is a must-see and go to place.

Big building and maybe a hidden "secret" in Pattaya.. :)

I agree with alkl of these as well, also good to catch up on some sleep

<p><p><p><p><p><p><p><p><p>Quotable Quotes......

"IM AN AUSSIE! OF COURSE I GO DOWN UNDER"........AUSSIEASSMAN

"I BRINGS THE RUCKUS TO THE LADIES"

"HOW YOU GOING TO FUCK BITCHES IN A TWIN BED"?

"BLACKMAN DOING HIS THING BABY, BARACK OBAMA MOTHERFUCKER,BARACK OBAMA IM THE PRESIDENT OF HITTIN THAT ASS"!

"YOU CAN HAVE YOUR WIFE BACK MAN,I DONT WANT THE BITCH NO MORE, I JUST SAID I HIT IT AND I QUIT IT"!

.......LEON BLACK

"WOKA WOKA".....FOZZY BEAR & SHAKIRA

Take a class to learn to speak Thai, this will take up quite a bit of your time.....plus be would be very productive, positive, educational

and helpful in your day to day life Living in LOS.

so many things to do , little siam , crockfarm , aquarium , shopping with my thai wife , gives her always a big smile when she can shopping for family presents , but she is kineau, so always buy crap, well up to her , i always say buy better quality you know i not care about your spending but she keep saying we must save for build house suai , what can i say

Edited by come to pappa

having a big dick doesn't mean you have a big wallet

I don't know if you do but if don't try golf. I don't play but all my friends who play they talk all the time about golf. Golf is in their major thinking. I don't know if it is good but it is better than drinking all the time.

After golf you can go eating with nice girl and then boom boom. If you are thirsty there is always other choises than alcohol.

find any way that will help you keep fit!

this will also slow the drinking down as you wont want to ruin all your hard workouts that you have been doing. I did a six month stint in LOS and managed to keep drinking to a maximum of 4 nights a week.

thats what bar fines are for

• 2 weeks later...

Golf

60932_1573866500466_104965171SR1_1673756_1142697_n copy.jpg

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

What about Bliss Lounge?????

Always good for me when I need to just chill out..........

Harden Up!

"Remember, you've never lost the girl, only your turn"