IGNORED

Best Fishing Destination In Thailand

changoo

hello after doing alot of research on the fishing in thailand unfortunately all i seem to find is that nothing big or decent seems to get caught any more? i have a friend coming over in november and we desperate to get out to sea and do some game fishing? how ever im unfamiliar with destinations in thailand im in bangkok at the moment but will travel anywhere in thaialnd to get the correct fishing. so the questione is?

where is the best location in the whole of thailand to do some big game fishing where big fish can still be caught?

im planning on splashing out for 24hours at sea to do some day and night fishing and charteing a boat etc and dont want to spend the 18000 to 24000 im being quoted on a tiddlers and small 3kg fish

thanks for reading ny help or suggestions no matter how small will be of service thank you

ive heard a small island near koh samui called koh tao, is great for fishing and charters in thailand esp. for big game fishing, other wise check out this link..

http://www.megafishingthailand.com/content/blogsection/10/40/

I was hoping to do fishing on my trip but heard only mediocre reviews of the fishing situation, esp near Patts. I also wasn't really interested in spending the charter boat kinda money when the results may not be amazing. I would think those trips that go overnight would be a good shot though. As a fallback there's the fishing park in jomtien, good way to kill an afternoon fishing for big catfish.

Call me old fashioned, but I believe in having sex with a girl at least three times before I'll buy her dinner.

phuket for sailfish and marlin is your best betsailfish yob.jpg

whereabouts in Phuket? any contact details of the charter? nice catch

whereabouts in phuket? any contact details of the charter? nice catch

i will have to get back to you on that one,thats a pic of one of my mates.

i know it was out of Phuket area it was an all day trip and they had 13 hook ups.

he was impresed at the game fishing,as we fish exmouth australia together so it takes a bit to impress him.

when i see him ill ask name of boat ect.

heres a pic of our exmouth adventures

exmouth06 148.JPG

exmouth06 145.JPG

exmouth06 048.JPG

cheers ausielad, im keen as on finding out champ.

I'm doing the same search right now, here's what I've found for freshwater (I'm a chummer on salt water):

That megafishingthailand.com site is chock full of info and really sparse on where places actually are...

I'm after Peacock Bass, or anything that will seriously commit to eating a topwater bait - frogs, woodchoppers, spooks, buzz baits, poppers, etc - so if anybody has any tips on where to find them send em to me, willing to travel anywhere in the country to find them. Love me the topwater action.

Your Pal,

Wally

Edited by Wally Hotvedt

"I'd pork her. Or, if her religion forbade pork, I'd beef her. If it turned out she was a vegetarian, I'd give her an extra firm slab of tofu."

• 1 month later...

hi just looking 4 some one to join me 4 a wee bit off fishing ,, i have been looking into shadow lake ,, think it near bkk anyone up 4 it ,,, ???

• 2 months later...

dont bother doing a charter in koh chang called "koh chang game fishing"

the best thing about his charter is the website. its run by a farang, 6000 baht for the boat, up to 6 ppl i think. the bloke doesnt know anything about fishing.

i went on it a few weeks ago, it was an 8 hr charter, he ran out of bait in the first hour, and the hooks were all rusty, when i said something to him to change the hooks he said he didnt have any more, and just got out a file and tried sharpening the hooks. for the rest of the 7 hours we were just trawling( or should i say putting) around islands. scenery was nice though.

we were throwing some rice into the water and seen some small garfish eating it and i asked him for a net, the net he gave me was one that u would use to scoop up goldfish for your fishtank at home, not exactly a game fishing charter.

anyone planning on doing it, trust me, u will have more fun and action at the fishing parks throughout pattaya

• 2 months later...

bringing this thread back up from the dead, wanting to get a hook into the mouth of something. anybody in town during the mid to late April timeframe that likes to fish ?

"I'd pork her. Or, if her religion forbade pork, I'd beef her. If it turned out she was a vegetarian, I'd give her an extra firm slab of tofu."

• 2 weeks later...

As I'm now in single digit days to go till lift off to BKK, I've been logging some time on the innernets hunting around for fishing info and I stumbled across this:

http://www.john-tom.com/FishingInThailand/FishingInThailand.html

to date this is the best info on the possible locations, links to google earth kmz files, etc. Some Barramundi fishing at Bor Num is def in my future

Your Pal

Wally

• 2 weeks later...

Can you catch a decent size shark fishing off Thailand? I quite fancy the idea of catching some of these massive fish. Some nice pics in this thread.

dont know anything about the salt water fishing, but there are 2 parks in/near pattaya - pattaya fishing park, and jomtien fishing park.. jomtien is supposed to be the nicer of the 2 places