Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Buying a Iphone 4 in Thailand

fly

I went to some shops yesterday, and basicly the price starts from 25.000 THB for 16 gb iphone 4. If you by in dtac or ais iwith the plan price goes donw to 22,000 THB or even to 20,500 THB but for 2 years contract.... i think still expensive as you can get better price in Hong Kong

I bought a Iphone 4 16G without contract and unlocked for 21500 BHT at TUKCOM.

[THIS INFORMATION IS INCORRECT]

I went to some shops yesterday, and basicly the price starts from 25.000 THB for 16 gb iphone 4. If you by in dtac or ais iwith the plan price goes donw to 22,000 THB or even to 20,500 THB but for 2 years contract.... i think still expensive as you can get better price in Hong Kong

Edited by Spear of Destiny

If she aint whoring she's boring!

It's nice to be nice :)

I bought iphone fake in Bkk in March this yr,it works except for the email which has some china thingy on it to stop it from getting emails in australia. It takes gr8 pics and all the other iphone stuff works on it.

I dont use it prefer my old worn out nokia anyday. ...ahhh well you live n learn! Sooo when I am back in pattaya in August I will put it up for sale on here if anyone is interested.

Tuk-Com is good for many things, but 'buying the genuine article' isn't one of them. The only place I would buy an iPhone in Thailand would be an Apple store...and with the usual reservations about warranty.

No iPhone stuff works on it because for starters it doesn't have iOS.

all the other iphone stuff works on it.

There is an official Apple store on the first floor of TUKCOM and I believe atleast 1 shop on the second floor is also officially licensed and for "warranty", they let you choose between a Hongkong (cheaper) or a Thai warranty.

Tuk-Com is good for many things, but 'buying the genuine article' isn't one of them. The only place I would buy an iPhone in Thailand would be an Apple store...and with the usual reservations about warranty.

If she aint whoring she's boring!

It's nice to be nice :)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the info guys, ill be getting a 16gb for the wife when im there in 14 days :001_Thank_You5:

I'm bad about bringing a camera with me when I go out so decided to invest in a Iphone 4 because it has a good camera. I plan on taking many pics and contributing to this forum starting this trip! ;) I've been to Thailand 4 times this year and want to slap myself for not taking pics of them looking so seksi!

So does anyone know a good place to buy a Iphone 4 thats factory unlocked in Pattaya or Bangkok? I was there in September but was worried they could be fakes. I'll be going again in December and really wanting to buy one. Want a Iphone 4 because I just bought a Macbook Pro from Bestbuy and will go good with it.

Best you have a look at Tuc Com in South Pattaya Road.On the second floor you will find all

you want.Real and also fakes as well.But if you looking for the best mobile camera,than look for

the Nokia N 8.Good luck and Cheers mate.Hope that will help you a little.

post-1-0-28227900-1338976307.gif

• 1 month later...

Aaah I see, I'll research a camera thats small and takes pictures fast. Last one I had took forever to load up and take a picture that I barely used it. (Still getting a Iphone 4 though lol)

Get your iPhone jailbroken tuk com do it cheap then u can upgrade your phone camera to a decent spec I've got some great pics

I have the iPhone4 for the last year now and really like it, when I was in Thailand this year I never took it as I was afraid it might be stolen and took a cheap Nokia instead, however Roaming for three weeks was quite expensive. I am thinking of heading back to LOS towards November/December and was wondering would it be possible to get my iPhon4 sim-unlocked and then use a pay as you go Thai sim card in it that would give me a 3G connection and some data? I'd like to be able to use like as at home especially the google maps - satnav element.

I have the iPhone4 for the last year now and really like it, when I was in Thailand this year I never took it as I was afraid it might be stolen and took a cheap Nokia instead, however Roaming for three weeks was quite expensive. I am thinking of heading back to LOS towards November/December and was wondering would it be possible to get my iPhon4 sim-unlocked and then use a pay as you go Thai sim card in it that would give me a 3G connection and some data? I'd like to be able to use like as at home especially the google maps - satnav element.

There many dataplan out there. I'will take the 799Bath 1 month unlimited data plan.

Man is the only animal that can establish a friendly relationship with his victims

1st try this go into safari and got to jailbreakme.com depending on what update version your on you maybe able to jailbreak by swiping.it will tell you if you have the wrong version example 4.1.1. If that doesn't work find out which version you on by going to settings then general then about. When you know this goto Redmondpie website this site is the bible of jailbreaking once your jailbroken you will be able unlock and get all your apps for free I just downloaded Tom tom Thailand.Redmondpie will give you step by step how too plus any software you need for free. Also in Thailand 12call do the iPhone micro sim so you can use just the same as at home. I got mine from tuk com. If you don't want to try it yourself tuk com will do it all for you. Hope this helps(I've now given away my secret lol I charge £15 to jailbreak back home)