IGNORED

Buying a Iphone 4 in Thailand

fly

I'm bad about bringing a camera with me when I go out so decided to invest in a Iphone 4 because it has a good camera. I plan on taking many pics and contributing to this forum starting this trip! ;) I've been to Thailand 4 times this year and want to slap myself for not taking pics of them looking so seksi!

So does anyone know a good place to buy a Iphone 4 thats factory unlocked in Pattaya or Bangkok? I was there in September but was worried they could be fakes. I'll be going again in December and really wanting to buy one. Want a Iphone 4 because I just bought a Macbook Pro from Bestbuy and will go good with it.

I'm bad about bringing a camera with me when I go out so decided to invest in a Iphone 4 because it has a good camera. I plan on taking many pics and contributing to this forum starting this trip! ;) I've been to Thailand 4 times this year and want to slap myself for not taking pics of them looking so seksi!

So does anyone know a good place to buy a Iphone 4 thats factory unlocked in Pattaya or Bangkok? I was there in September but was worried they could be fakes. I'll be going again in December and really wanting to buy one. Want a Iphone 4 because I just bought a Macbook Pro from Bestbuy and will go good with it.

Iphone 4 does have a good little camera but if you want decent picture use a camera not a phone. You just can't compare the image quality. Taking pictures in bars requires quick focus and a fast shutter speed, you will end up with poor out of focus blurry images.

Aaah I see, I'll research a camera thats small and takes pictures fast. Last one I had took forever to load up and take a picture that I barely used it. (Still getting a Iphone 4 though lol)

I dont know this could help or not but maybe you should try Tukcom in Pattaya. There are so many telephone shops on the 2nd floor and they have both real and fake phones. I know I saw one place that sells real IPhone 4 and the price was 27000THB something like that.

Edited by ismlunal

I agree 100%. I have an iPhone4 and I take photos with it but when it's up to shooting TG's I would never take it out of my pocket...even if I didn't had any other camera with me. Honestly camera in iPhone is piece of shit....same like in all other phones. Buy real camera that is for one purpose only - taking photos.

Edited by med5

iphone 4 camera is not that bad... just get the lightbox app and it makes a big difference....a3.jpg

a.jpg

a1.jpg

a2.jpg

Living in Pattaya racing motorcycles and drinking like a fish...

Dream as if you'll live forever, Live as if you'll die today

iphone 4 camera is not that bad... just get the lightbox app and it makes a big difference....a3.jpg

the only lightbox app i can find is for file sharing ..

the only lightbox app i can find is for file sharing ..

sorry, got my apps mixed up... its called camera plus and its free from the app store... or $1.99 for the camera plus pro which i just upgraded to. much better than the stock camera set up.

sorry, got my apps mixed up... its called camera plus and its free from the app store... or $1.99 for the camera plus pro which i just upgraded to. much better than the stock camera set up.

i got the free camera plus but could not see much difference , does the pro make alot more difference ?

just got the pro and have not had a chance to test it out... will update after i snap a few...

Why not get a phone with a decent camera if u want an all-in one job. Many phones out there have far superior cameras than the iphone. But yeah, if u want top notch pics than just buy a decent camera.

Google's own Picasa is very good for free editing software.

'Fools rush in where angels fear to tread' - TiT

I agree 100%. I have an iPhone4 and I take photos with it but when it's up to shooting TG's I would never take it out of my pocket...even if I didn't have any other camera with me. Honestly camera in iPhone is piece of shit....same like in all other phones. Buy real camera that is for sexy lingerie

one purpose only - taking photos.

agree, 5 megapixels isnt that good either

Edited by AngieJackson

i thought about picking up an iphone for my upcoming trip. I probably will go with a 3G or 3GS as they are available for cheap unlocked and jailbroke. I just need a GSM phone to use in Thailand. My only concern is how usable it will be in the hot and humid climate of Thailand. The touchscreen phone I have now (Palm Pre) is a pain in the ass to use outside when its really humid.

Don't expect iPhones in Thailand to be any cheaper than the are in the West. Generally, electronics are quite expensive in Thailand (if you want cheap electronics, try Singapore or Taiwan). However, I guess that it will be easy to buy them factory unlocked - it certainly is in most Asian countries. If do buy one from a stall, then make sure that you see it working before you part with any money. The fakes can look pretty convincing from the box and the case but they are very obvious the moment they are turned on. They don't have the beautiful, slick Apple interface or the ultra high quality display.

Trip Reports:

"Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company."

Mark Twain

Went and bought a Canon Powershot S90 and will buy an Iphone 4 while in Dubai or Thailand.

Edited by fly

Went and bought a Canon Powershot S90 and will buy an Iphone 4 while in Dubai or Thailand.

The S90 is a great camera. I have an iphone 4 and the camera is not that bad.

IMG_0084.jpg

• 1 month later...

Some pics I have been taking ...testing my Iphone

IMG_0017_1.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

3.jpg

Edited by fly

nice!

iphone 4 camera is good for day shoots but when it comes to night one..ouch..quite terrible.

I was at Insomnia at took those 2 pics, one is totally unrea.

But with Iphone 4 i didnt need my laptop at all for 40 days

2010 thai 259.jpg

2010 thai 258.jpg

Man is the only animal that can establish a friendly relationship with his victims

• 4 months later...

I purchased a Thai Iphone 4. It was a pretty good copy I thought.

The applications were useless.

The Iphone 4 (fake) was a little bit bigger than the original so no covers fit.

I couldn't get www to work, nor could the bloke at the shop.

Two sims was great.

I sat down with it in my pocket, and the screen shattered. It went in the bin.

That cost me 4500THB.

Not happy.

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't buy and Iphone 4 in Thailand, unless you live there and really want one of course. To get a real Iphone 4 you're going to pay as much or even more then most western countries. If you don't know the product fairly well there is also the risk that you buy a fake one.

Depending where you're flying from a stopover in Hong Kong or Singapore is always an option. These cities have the cheapest simlock free Iphones in the world and a lot of mongering possibilities :D

Iphone.png

Chart is not super recent, but still relevant I think.

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it!

I paid 21,500.00 THB = 494.304 EUR for a Iphone 4 16G at TUKCOM Which is the best price you can get worldwide today so people please stop posting disinformation and BS.

:001_Thank_You5:

Edited by Spear of Destiny

If she aint whoring she's boring!

It's nice to be nice :)