IGNORED

Pattaya2U Computer repair shop

Bupattaya

No disrespect meant to Pattaya Robbo but the advice given is not very good, yes there are some programs out there that will recover some data for you but the last things you will want to do is either add additional partitions or copy the recovered data back to the same hard drive you are recvoering from, in fact if you want to attempt a recovery from the drive you should avoid writing or saving anything to the drive, as every time you make a change, save data, etc you are potentially destroying the old data.

No disrespect to Vortex either as what he has said is correct, the fact of the matter is that there is a number of ways to do this, and as long as you have free space on the harddrive it would do no harm creating another partition out of that free space, the reason to do this is to copy the data onto a different partition so you don't destroy any data on the partition you are recovering from, but to be honest once the data is on your harddrive it is on there and even if you erase it or even reformat it it is still on there and can be recovered, why do you think the first thing police do nowadays is take a criminals computer.

Why didn't the OP just copy his Tax Return data to a USB stick, or store it remotely? No excuse in this day & age of cheap multiple backup options.

As for WGA, I recently got caught with the latest (now disguised) update. When I restart, it asks me to install it; I simply just click cancel & have been updating regularly ever since.

Peace. :GoldenSmile1:

sgu_banner.gif

I have used Pattaya2U for several years without a problem. They have always been fair and good to fix my computer problems. I will say that if they, or anyone else ask if you have backed up computer, you should probable take a step back and think about what would happen if you lose your data. That should be a yellow flag for one.

Daylight was something God made so that life was not one endless party.

Nutosf

No disrespect to Vortex either as what he has said is correct, the fact of the matter is that there is a number of ways to do this, and as long as you have free space on the harddrive it would do no harm creating another partition out of that free space, the reason to do this is to copy the data onto a different partition so you don't destroy any data on the partition you are recovering from, but to be honest once the data is on your harddrive it is on there and even if you erase it or even reformat it it is still on there and can be recovered, why do you think the first thing police do nowadays is take a criminals computer.

I think it is a good idea to have two partitions on your harddrive. I have one for the OS and programs and the other for my data. Once I have the OS up and running and programs installed I do an image of the drive to an external drive. If ever I needed to reinstall the OS I would use the image. Not only would this be a lot quicker than installing the OS from scratch but all my programs would be ready to use. This is now very easy with Windows 7 as they have a feature to first create the image then create a boot disk with features to re-image the drive. I don't do an image of my data drive but I have a program to back it up and I use it regularly.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

I think it is a good idea to have two partitions on your harddrive. I have one for the OS and programs and the other for my data. Once I have the OS up and running and programs installed I do an image of the drive to an external drive. ..........................

I use Partition Magic on new Hard Drives.

Which software do you use to create an image of your C drive (or did you pre Win7)?

Are you able to say if that's a genuine Win7 or Thai/download - OK maybe not lol. :Circle_Sharks:

I use Partition Magic on new Hard Drives.

Which software do you use to create an image of your C drive (or did you pre Win7)?

Are you able to say if that's a genuine Win7 or Thai/download - OK maybe not lol. :Circle_Sharks:

I am using Windows 7 so it is very easy to create partitions and image drives. It is an original OEM version. Another computer we have is running XP so I installed the free version of Paragon Backup and Recovery.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

• 3 weeks later...

I am Owner for pattaya2u.Thank you all for comment.We will improve everything.thank you bupattaya for old story(2-3 year ago)and i thing we clear with you already.You computer slow becuase your computer very old and hdd nearly problem like a some bad sector.And we tell you already must change

you not change.how we can help you.

Sorry if i use bad english.

For my shop (Pattaya2u) we try to do all customer happy.We have 3 sale 4 teahnician for software pc and 3 for laptop and 3 for repair mother board pc&laptop.

It is well over a year since this took place,

I took my computer to them somewhere around May or June of last year. ..................

Or was it 2-3 years ago?

Were you trying to make the proverbial Silk Purse?

I know this was about losing data, but the consensus seems to have been that you don't get much sympathy for not doing that yourself.

Looking forward to reading your reply to Pattaya2U anyway. :GoldenSmile1:

• 2 months later...

Or was it 2-3 years ago?

Were you trying to make the proverbial Silk Purse?

I know this was about losing data, but the consensus seems to have been that you don't get much sympathy for not doing that yourself.

Looking forward to reading your reply to Pattaya2U anyway. :GoldenSmile1:

No response from the OP I see.

I have heard the other side of the story and, if true, they were diplomatic in not putting it here.

so which store is good when your laptop/pc got problems?

Actually I would still go there, but be very aware of what is being done.

Make sure you have backed everything up on an external HD - common sense anyway.

In particular beware of allowing them to re-fornat with a Windows copy if you have a genuine version. If you have the disc and keys no pompen.

I have been back there since for a recurring problem with my laptop failing to start.

I had paid in the past but it was way pasy any guarantee period as I don't use it very often, just when I go away.

Anyway, I spoke at length with the guy 'Longhair' and left it for long term bench testing.

As I understand it they took out my CPU and put it through their cleaning machine and reseated it.

That was nearly 3 months ago and so far the problem hasn't recurred and I've used it quite a lot, including a couple of weeks in Cambodia.

Best of all - there was No Charge!

Many thanks for that.

so which store is good when your laptop/pc got problems?

I would recommend trying Watanee Computer Repair on PattayaKlang Directly across the street from Foodland. I have been there a few times since posting this story, which BTW is how I found their shop to begin with. So far, they have done a good job for me to date without any problems. They also did a great job cleaning my computer inside for 300baht.

Cheers!

• 1 month later...

No you do have to reinstall windows if you want to update from windows update. I got a oem windows 7 copy somewhere, then there's a program that configures the install depending on what manufacture you're running on like hp, dell, acer ect so it installs the windows like what an oem would do and it would be a legit copy.

be careful of downloading windows 7 or vista unless you are familiar with the uploader why microsoft uplload vervsions

of there software from time to time with timebombs on them what this is at a predetermined time something is activated within windows 7, vista and does untold damage to you pc

why they do this is to deter people from downloading pirated copies of there operating systems

i go to site where i get my from and the guy who puts them on for d/loading is trustworthy

also buying copy games from tukcom and progs beware most of the stuff well 99% of the progs and games are d/loaded from the net and never checked a few friends had nasty viruses installed on there pc via games and copy progs as they dont bother checking them for malware viruses always check your copy games and progs with a good antivirus prog and regulary update your antivirus and malware

Edited by pattayaguru

• 3 months later...

I am glad I found this section of the site. I have a story to tell you all about Pattaya2U computer repair service in Tukcom. It is well over a year since this took place, but I love to let everyone know about them whenever I have the chance.

I took my computer to them somewhere around May or June of last year. I keep getting disconnected from the internet when I was at home, but the computer showed same it had a signal. So I took it in to them and asked what was wrong? They made a couple of changes and charged me the fee for service. I think it was 300baht? Anyway, I go home and same thing still. I went back a couple of days later and spoke with the same guy. He then tells me it is my operating system. I ask if he reloads it will it solve the problem? He answered he thought so, but not 100% sure.

I asked if we reload this, will I lose everything? He said I would lose everything, but could back everything up and reload later. He did not and wiped out all my company record that I needed to file for taxes in USA. Not only that lost all my files, pictures, Music, video and much much more.

When I return to pick up my computer and saw everything was gone. I did everything I could to be polite, because I knew losing it was not going to help me in the least. The owner Kae (LongHair) was quick to step up and say Sorry the messed up. He was going to try to recover the lost data, which he was unable to do. He did spend a bit of time trying, but not sure how much?

In the end I lost all of my programs and ended up with a computer that is now running so slow and constantly crashes. They reset all the setting incorrectly and then said I had hardware issues. My wife would go with me and get so angry listening to them blame me in Thai. She was always ready to explode at their ignorance.

Thai Style Never Take Responsibility for What They Do Wrong. They already admitted in the beginning the messed up my computer, but when I kept going back for them to fix the problem. They tried to blame me. Figure that???

The computer never had any problem other then connecting at home, which by the way, Turned out to be a problem with my Provider 3BB and not the computer after all. I have since switch service to TOT, which I must say is a million times better. I don't ever lose my signal anymore since signing with TOT.

I am so sorry I ever went near that shop. I can not even begin to explain as my computer, which used to be so fast and efficient, is now near ready for the scrap yard.

Point here. If you need a computer repaired. Beware of Pattaya2U :NoNo3: 4th floor of Tukcom.

Hi

a good and reliable guy at Tuckcom is a shop called ACTIVE, the guy's name is Borphit Suwanprathet or in short Mr. Phit.

Have used him several times to repair, upgrade and make "thaifriendly" some old laptops that I brought with me.

he even put Thai letter stickers on all the letters on the keyboard in order for the girls to be able to use the laptop.

He is a Microsoft certified systems engineer. He used to be on 3rd floor but I believe he has moved.

his phone: 085 951-3839, Fax 038 723 701, e-mail: [email protected]

thaisabai