IGNORED

Pattaya2U Computer repair shop

Bupattaya

I am glad I found this section of the site. I have a story to tell you all about Pattaya2U computer repair service in Tukcom. It is well over a year since this took place, but I love to let everyone know about them whenever I have the chance.

I took my computer to them somewhere around May or June of last year. I keep getting disconnected from the internet when I was at home, but the computer showed same it had a signal. So I took it in to them and asked what was wrong? They made a couple of changes and charged me the fee for service. I think it was 300baht? Anyway, I go home and same thing still. I went back a couple of days later and spoke with the same guy. He then tells me it is my operating system. I ask if he reloads it will it solve the problem? He answered he thought so, but not 100% sure.

I asked if we reload this, will I lose everything? He said I would lose everything, but could back everything up and reload later. He did not and wiped out all my company record that I needed to file for taxes in USA. Not only that lost all my files, pictures, Music, video and much much more.

When I return to pick up my computer and saw everything was gone. I did everything I could to be polite, because I knew losing it was not going to help me in the least. The owner Kae (LongHair) was quick to step up and say Sorry the messed up. He was going to try to recover the lost data, which he was unable to do. He did spend a bit of time trying, but not sure how much?

In the end I lost all of my programs and ended up with a computer that is now running so slow and constantly crashes. They reset all the setting incorrectly and then said I had hardware issues. My wife would go with me and get so angry listening to them blame me in Thai. She was always ready to explode at their ignorance.

Thai Style Never Take Responsibility for What They Do Wrong. They already admitted in the beginning the messed up my computer, but when I kept going back for them to fix the problem. They tried to blame me. Figure that???

The computer never had any problem other then connecting at home, which by the way, Turned out to be a problem with my Provider 3BB and not the computer after all. I have since switch service to TOT, which I must say is a million times better. I don't ever lose my signal anymore since signing with TOT.

I am so sorry I ever went near that shop. I can not even begin to explain as my computer, which used to be so fast and efficient, is now near ready for the scrap yard.

Point here. If you need a computer repaired. Beware of Pattaya2U :NoNo3: 4th floor of Tukcom.

I am glad I found this section of the site. I have a story to tell you all about Pattaya2U computer repair service in Tukcom. It is well over a year since this took place, but I love to let everyone know about them whenever I have the chance.

I took my computer to them somewhere around May or June of last year. I keep getting disconnected from the internet when I was at home, but the computer showed same it had a signal. So I took it in to them and asked what was wrong? They made a couple of changes and charged me the fee for service. I think it was 300baht? Anyway, I go home and same thing still. I went back a couple of days later and spoke with the same guy. He then tells me it is my operating system. I ask if he reloads it will it solve the problem? He answered he thought so, but not 100% sure.

I asked if we reload this, will I lose everything? He said I would lose everything, but could back everything up and reload later. He did not and wiped out all my company record that I needed to file for taxes in USA. Not only that lost all my files, pictures, Music, video and much much more.

When I return to pick up my computer and saw everything was gone. I did everything I could to be polite, because I knew losing it was not going to help me in the least. The owner Kae (LongHair) was quick to step up and say Sorry the messed up. He was going to try to recover the lost data, which he was unable to do. He did spend a bit of time trying, but not sure how much?

In the end I lost all of my programs and ended up with a computer that is now running so slow and constantly crashes. They reset all the setting incorrectly and then said I had hardware issues. My wife would go with me and get so angry listening to them blame me in Thai. She was always ready to explode at their ignorance.

Thai Style Never Take Responsibility for What They Do Wrong. They already admitted in the beginning the messed up my computer, but when I kept going back for them to fix the problem. They tried to blame me. Figure that???

The computer never had any problem other then connecting at home, which by the way, Turned out to be a problem with my Provider 3BB and not the computer after all. I have since switch service to TOT, which I must say is a million times better. I don't ever lose my signal anymore since signing with TOT.

I am so sorry I ever went near that shop. I can not even begin to explain as my computer, which used to be so fast and efficient, is now near ready for the scrap yard.

Point here. If you need a computer repaired. Beware of Pattaya2U :NoNo3: 4th floor of Tukcom.

Oh BTW: They Guarantee Satisfaction, Yeah right!!!

You brought your computer for repair to Tukcom????? And now you are blaming them that all your data is gone and that your computer went fucked up????

Most guys in there are just hobby computer geeks and do not have a lot of knwoing about what they doing.

I would ALWAYS back up my data before handing in my computer. And other than that, I would always REMOVE all my data once it is backed up, so they could not get any of it.

Couldn't you have waited till you were back home and than went to a reasonable computershop?

it is still possible to retrieve your data, there are software programs out there that will do this for you but you may find that when you do this you may have to create another partition seperate from the windows op to restore the data back onto, which means you will have to have another program to do this for you(i find partition magic very good), and it is best to have a back-up partition on your harddrive and store all your important docs onto, this way if you ever need to reformat you only have to reformat the windows os partition(normally the C drive)and won't lose any docs.

Number one rule of computers is back up regularly. Number two rule should be never trust a Thai person to back it up for you before reinstalling the OS. I wouldn't trust anyone to reinstall my OS without me first making an image of the partition containing the OS and a backup of all my data.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

I bought a brand new PC from there 2 years ago, less than a year later the power pack died but was still under gaurantee but they said all else not the power pack was covered, so I bought another, when it was being fitted by an IT guy he checked the serial numbers to all inside and everything was old parts, some 4/5 years old so the give you a new tower with all reconstituted parts.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

You brought your computer for repair to Tukcom????? And now you are blaming them that all your data is gone and that your computer went fucked up????

Most guys in there are just hobby computer geeks and do not have a lot of knwoing about what they doing.

I would ALWAYS back up my data before handing in my computer. And other than that, I would always REMOVE all my data once it is backed up, so they could not get any of it.

Couldn't you have waited till you were back home and than went to a reasonable computershop?

I live here, so waiting till I was home as you suggested was not possible.

The reason I went there was an English guy I knew told me they knew their shit. which I know now is not the case.

I myself am not a computer savvy kind of guy, so when I went to Pattaya2U and they offered me this option of reloading my system. I asked then about the data. They said they could back up everything and reload it for me. SO I trusted them only because I was referred by this guy I had met. BIG MISTAKE!!!

Well like Thais Say "So Nom Na"! Serves me right for trusting them.

I bought a brand new PC from there 2 years ago, less than a year later the power pack died but was still under gaurantee but they said all else not the power pack was covered, so I bought another, when it was being fitted by an IT guy he checked the serial numbers to all inside and everything was old parts, some 4/5 years old so the give you a new tower with all reconstituted parts.

Well I can say after my experience with Pattaya2U computer repair. I can believe anything with this shop. If they do something wrong and even though they initially admit they did wrong. You will still be the culprit responsible in the end. Very Rude Staff as well!

I see I am not there only unhappy customer, but I make it well known to all about my dissatisfaction with them and their service. ALL I CAN SAY IS SPREAD THE WORD ABOUT PATTAYA2U COMPUTER REPAIR TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS. :ShitHappens1:

Not the worst story I have heard about repairs carried out in Tukcom, worse I have encountered is a person who took their laptop in for what appeared to be a power problem and had components parts stolen from inside.

They gave the laptop back, said they could not repair it and as he still could not power it on he did not realise until over one month later when he asked me to help him get the data off it, which had as we discovered at that point had also been overwritten.

No idea if the "repair" was done by the same shop mentioned in the OP but seems taking your PC to Tukcom in general is a bad idea.

"Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character."

it is still possible to retrieve your data, there are software programs out there that will do this for you but you may find that when you do this you may have to create another partition seperate from the windows op to restore the data back onto, which means you will have to have another program to do this for you(i find partition magic very good), and it is best to have a back-up partition on your harddrive and store all your important docs onto, this way if you ever need to reformat you only have to reformat the windows os partition(normally the C drive)and won't lose any docs.

Oh please don't get my hopes up. This would be like winning the lottery for me. I lost everything important. I know the owner of the shop used some recovery program and got me a few of my pictures back, but that was about it.

If you know how to do this. I sure would love to meet with you. I am clueless on how to do this. :unsure:

Edited by Bupattaya

Oh please don't get my hopes up. This would be like winning the lottery for me. I lost everything important. I know the owner of the shop used some recovery program and got me a few of my pictures back, but that was about it.

If you know how to do this. I sure would love to meet with you. I am clueless on how to do this. :unsure:

No disrespect meant to Pattaya Robbo but the advice given is not very good, yes there are some programs out there that will recover some data for you but the last things you will want to do is either add additional partitions or copy the recovered data back to the same hard drive you are recvoering from, in fact if you want to attempt a recovery from the drive you should avoid writing or saving anything to the drive, as every time you make a change, save data, etc you are potentially destroying the old data.

"Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character."

I remember your thread, in which I think they made an appearance i.e. they are a BM here under the shop name.

I thought they promised to sort it?

I have some friends over from England and I sorted a load of stuff on their laptop and put several programmes on for them.

I'd put Ms Word on, but I hadn't let it do all the updates yet and there were a lot, so every time you switched off it wanted to install them.

They were worried about having all their photos on there and also wanted me to load about 30 Gb of Music and some Movies on there, but the HDD was nearly full already, so I recommended an External HDD.

I missed their call from Tukcom but read their SMS in the nick of time. They'd bought the drive but also decided to buy a new battery (cheaper in UK IME) from the store opposite Pattaya2u. When they tested it and then switched it off, the Installing Updates thing came on. They said that Pattaya2u would update it for them (???) for 300 Baht.

By the time I called back, they were sitting down with their free coke waiting for the guy to get to their machine.

He had explained that he would save their data and reinstall Windows i.e. reformat.

Not only did Windows not need re-installing, but theirs was a Genuine Copy and they didn't have their disc with them. I know all too well what they would have re-installed with.

Not only would they have undone everything I'd done, but my friends would have gone home with a pirate Copy and the Genuine Advantage shit to sort out. Also, it still would have needed updating.

I told them to grab their laptop and get out of there. I took my dongle to their hotel, let it do all the updates and everything is fine.

A narrow escape that time.

I would say they've sorted some problems out for me in the past, but my Genuine Windows is long gone.

My worst experience was over several months when they did 2 main board repairs and a clean, a couple of formats and even RAM replacements for an intermittent start-up problem. They didn't charge me for all the work but never solved the problem either.

At a point where I was contemplating either a new main board or a new laptop, I found the problem myself when I decided to try re-seating the replacement/upgraded CPU. The CPU heat sink had been disturbed and when I pressed down where it says 'Press Here' it was sorted and hasn't faltered since.

They will usually find a solution for you. It just might not be the best or right one.

There is also a small one-man-band shop in Thepprasit Road near Tesco Lotus called Pattaya.Com. He has done some good work for me, but still beware of losing your Genuine Windows if you don't have the disc.

No disrespect meant to Pattaya Robbo but the advice given is not very good, yes there are some programs out there that will recover some data for you but the last things you will want to do is either add additional partitions or copy the recovered data back to the same hard drive you are recvoering from, in fact if you want to attempt a recovery from the drive you should avoid writing or saving anything to the drive, as every time you make a change, save data, etc you are potentially destroying the old data.

I wouldn't know where to start. If would probably just cause myself more headaches trying to do this myself. Maybe someday I will find someone to help solve this problem for me, but until then,I am stuck.

I've had good results with a freebie from AsofTech Photo Recovery - there's a Torrent HERE

I had a problem with my computer and i took it to Pattaya4U twice. They didn't fix the problem only succeeded in wiping out all my data (luckily i had backed up). They charged 300 baht for this. I then took it to Wattana on Pattaya Klang who fixed the problem and only charged 100 baht.

I would never take anything to Tukcom again.

Where in Pattayaklang is Wattana? I have never seen this shop. I need to have my fans cleaned on my laptop. Do you thin they can do it?

I had a problem with my computer and i took it to Pattaya4U twice. They didn't fix the problem only succeeded in wiping out all my data (luckily i had backed up). They charged 300 baht for this. I then took it to Wattana on Pattaya Klang who fixed the problem and only charged 100 baht.

I would never take anything to Tukcom again.

Where in Pattayaklang is Wattana? I have never seen this shop. I need to have my fans cleaned on my laptop. Do you think they can do it?

Edited by Bupattaya

Where in Pattayaklang is Wattana? I have never seen this shop. I need to have my fans cleaned on my laptop. Do you thin they can do it?

Where in Pattayaklang is Wattana? I have never seen this shop. I need to have my fans cleaned on my laptop. Do you think they can do it?

I am fairly sure that it is the place opposite Foodland.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Actually genuine windows is quite easy to get...lots of OEM version and corporate versions out there for download. I'll be glad to trouble shoot some computers and what not when I get to pattaya.

Reinstalling windows is the quickest way to fix alot of issues with system corruption, virus, registery error ects, but of course you MUST back up the data that you want to save. Of course after a reinstall, you need to download all the patches and install anti-virus software, firewall ecta.

Wattana's is the oldest and most reliable repair shop in Pattaya. It is opposite Foodland, but they also have an outlet in Tukcom.

Be scene and not herd.

Actually genuine windows is quite easy to get...lots of OEM version and corporate versions out there for download. I'll be glad to trouble shoot some computers and what not when I get to pattaya.

.........................................................................................[

I only know the very basics (on a good day) but I generally cope.

My laptop is a Dell and did not come with a disc.

When they formatted it with a copy and lost the Dell stuff for recovering I assumed I could not get back to the original genuine version. Was I wrong?

My desktop came with a copy version.

Both are XP Prof. and I've got them both to Service Pack 3 now and installed the patches to avoid the Gen Adv nags, but I can't get past validation to get updates.

Are you saying that is possible without re-installing another copy?

If I was going to go to much trouble I'd go to Win 7 now.

I bought a copy in Phnom Penh for $2 but I haven't looked at it yet.

I'm even tempted to buy a genuine copy ............one day. :GoldenSmile1:

I am fairly sure that it is the place opposite Foodland.

Thank you!

Reinstalling windows is the quickest way to fix alot of issues with system corruption, virus, registery error ects, but of course you MUST back up the data that you want to save. Of course after a reinstall, you need to download all the patches and install anti-virus software, firewall ecta.

I would love that. When are you planning your next trip? My computer runs so slow since Pattaya2U screwed it up. It has never been the same.

act in haste Repent at leisure, when my laptop died on me I took in to this shop and they assured me they would back everything up. I trusted them, more fool me!!

I only know the very basics (on a good day) but I generally cope.

My laptop is a Dell and did not come with a disc.

When they formatted it with a copy and lost the Dell stuff for recovering I assumed I could not get back to the original genuine version. Was I wrong?

My desktop came with a copy version.

Both are XP Prof. and I've got them both to Service Pack 3 now and installed the patches to avoid the Gen Adv nags, but I can't get past validation to get updates.

Are you saying that is possible without re-installing another copy?

If I was going to go to much trouble I'd go to Win 7 now.

I bought a copy in Phnom Penh for $2 but I haven't looked at it yet.

I'm even tempted to buy a genuine copy ............one day. :GoldenSmile1:

No you do have to reinstall windows if you want to update from windows update. I got a oem windows 7 copy somewhere, then there's a program that configures the install depending on what manufacture you're running on like hp, dell, acer ect so it installs the windows like what an oem would do and it would be a legit copy.

I would love that. When are you planning your next trip? My computer runs so slow since Pattaya2U screwed it up. It has never been the same.

That would be in about a month