Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

The Hangover 2 to be set in Thailand....Seriously.

Xylanic

So, Hangover 2, for those who have seen the original, will be set in Bangkok and involve the guys partying in Thailand and waking up with ladyboys, etc....

I don't know if this is a good thing for us who visit the country.

http://www.cnngo.com/bangkok/play/when-hangover-meets-bangkok-344278

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

I work for the Night Wish group and The Pattaya News in Pattaya, Thailand. I run monthly meetups and bar crawls.. I also run the weekly Newbie Wednesday meetup sessions at Sexy in the City on Soi 6. Sexy in the City is located across from Queen Victoria Inn. 

Haha I have seen one, it was the best

Thailand is a perfect location for a sequel hahaha, especially pattaya

But...this could be bad... alot of people will watch the new movie, and people will come to Thailand just because they saw the movie...for mongering. This could mean pattaya gets more crowded...

I love women!

• 2 weeks later...

The Hangover was a great & funny movie with a good story! :)

Sounds good the sequel is going to be filmed in Bangkok - for the fun nightlife & everything.

..but maybe Bangkok/Pattaya gets more crowded if they get descibed as fun & crazy places to party!

Time will tell..

BTW, I think you should have posted this to Barstool Banter forum as much more members will read about it there.

Just my opinion! :)

(Barstool Banter is the most read forum here on PA.)

As a regular patron of the Las Vegas area, I can honestly say that the first Hangover(film) didn't cause an increase of tourism in that area. However I attribute that to the America's economic plight.

That being said I think if the movie is successful in depicting Thailand as the place to be for fun and entertainment, and if the world economy finally heals then Thailand should anticipate an influx of travelers.

However since only 10% of my fellow contrymen carry a u.s. passport I can also make a good counter agruement that most Americans still won't travel here or anywhere.

I can't say the same about visitors from other parts of the world.

I posted this same topic under a different category, and I am in the camp that is hoping the movie bombs. Besides sequels are usually never better than the original.

• 2 weeks later...

Lets just hope this movie will be as good and funny as the first. It was hilarious!

For some reason I like movies that are about or filmed in Thailand... I've seen alot of them already.

I'm looking forward for this one.

my buddy in bkk is convinced it is going to be shot in soi7/1

First one was a classic!!

i guess we'll have to wait quite a while though release date is 26 May 2011 (USA)

So...more hollywood guys will learn the phrase "Tea money ". Maybe use some stock footage around Patts.

Unlikely to block off a street and try shooting live. Soi 6 would become a ghost town if all those cameras

and lights showed up.TOT will probly shoot down the project before it gets rolling anyway. As most of you

can tell(5555) the powers that be are trying to turn Patts into a family holiday location. Try saying that out loud

without laughing.

Man if I was around I'd ask if I could be in the extras shot, even in a go go club! My friends and associates all know I love Thailand and what I do there (wink wink), so it's all good.

GFE: Gull Friend Experience

Official Pattaya Song

• 3 weeks later...

I keep forgeting to post this.

It was posted somewhere that Bill Clinton was supposed to make a cameo. My GF told me that one of her friends saw Bill Clinton a few weeks ago in Bangkok by a laundry.

I guess Bill finally learned his lesson :D