Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Thai Food come in at number 10

This came from this link. It is ranking the healthiest regional food.

I was suprised that they didn't rank higher.

10. Thai

Can a soup fight cancer? If it's a Thai favorite called Tom Yung Gung, the answer just might be yes.

Made with shrimp, coriander, lemongrass, ginger, and other herbs and spices used in Thai cooking, the soup was found to possess properties 100 times more effective than other antioxidants in inhibiting cancerous-tumor growth.

Researchers at Thailand's Kasetsart University and Japan's Kyoto and Kinki Universities became interested in the soup's immune-boosting qualities after noticing that the incidence of digestive tract and other cancers was lower in Thailand than in other countries.

Many common Thai spices have feel-great benefits, our judges point out. Ginger aids in digestion, turmeric is an anti-inflammatory, and lemongrass has long been used in Asian medicine to help treat colds and ease tummy troubles.

Danger zone: When you're eating out, avoid soups with coconut milk because they're high in saturated fat (and calories).

Edited by ExpatDave

Lol...californian #2 on the list of ethnic foods

I dont think its based on scientific research..

But anyway, I think almost all ethnic foods are pretty healthy. But asians have a much more balanced diet, which makes them healthier

I love women!

Have they tried to taste major food group of mongers? If they did, then Thai food will come as #1. :Jump_Drool::Number1a::Laugh1:

• 2 weeks later...

This came from this link. It is ranking the healthiest regional food.

I was suprised that they didn't rank higher.

10. Thai

Can a soup fight cancer? If it's a Thai favorite called Tom Yung Gung, the answer just might be yes.

Made with shrimp, coriander, lemongrass, ginger, and other herbs and spices used in Thai cooking, the soup was found to possess properties 100 times more effective than other antioxidants in inhibiting cancerous-tumor growth.

Researchers at Thailand's Kasetsart University and Japan's Kyoto and Kinki Universities became interested in the soup's immune-boosting qualities after noticing that the incidence of digestive tract and other cancers was lower in Thailand than in lingerie other countries.

Many common Thai spices have feel-great benefits, our judges point out. Ginger aids in digestion, turmeric is an anti-inflammatory, and lemongrass has long been used in Asian medicine to help treat colds and ease tummy troubles.

Danger zone: When you're eating out, avoid soups with coconut milk because they're high in saturated fat (and calories).

Might have to go get me one of these soups!!!

Edited by AngieJackson

• 2 months later...

I think Thai food is healthy and Thai style to eat many times during day.

In many countries people eat two times a day and too much at each time.

When I am in Thailand I also eat severelal times a day. I feel much better

this way. No tired after eating because don't eat too much. :D

Your right as you should eat many smaller meals a day. This goes hand in hand when you go to the gym to. Gives your body time to break down the food and turn it into energy. I found Thai food in general did not so much for me but that could he been because I was drunk 24/7!

Thai food is full of salt, sugar, lemon, chilli & fish fat, unless you eat Som Tam = Buffalo food.

Gooooooood eatin' though, as our 'merkin friends say!

Peace. :GoldenSmile1:

Edited by El Cata
sgu_banner.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I found Thai food in general did not so much for me but that could he been because I was drunk 24/7!

I think it's very important to eat while you are drinking. If you only drink you will be out of shape very soon and then it's not funny anymore.

I drink also a lot when I'm in LOS. But I'm not ever (nearly) very drunk. You can drink easy and slowly because there is very much time. Always is bar somewhere open.

I expected to see Japanese at number one... well i guess... you are what you eat..

• 2 weeks later...

I'm hoping very much to find a good place in BKK or Pattaya to take a good Thai cooking class. We actually have access to good ingredients where I live, including Sa-Tor, the stinky bean. My favorite restaurant serves it on a regular basis...and it is frikkin delicious. Thai is my favorite, but I need to learn to cook it.

I eat takeaway Thai pussy all the time its number 1 for me :GoldenSmile1:

<p><p><p><p><p><p><p><p><p>Quotable Quotes......

"IM AN AUSSIE! OF COURSE I GO DOWN UNDER"........AUSSIEASSMAN

"I BRINGS THE RUCKUS TO THE LADIES"

"HOW YOU GOING TO FUCK BITCHES IN A TWIN BED"?

"BLACKMAN DOING HIS THING BABY, BARACK OBAMA MOTHERFUCKER,BARACK OBAMA IM THE PRESIDENT OF HITTIN THAT ASS"!

"YOU CAN HAVE YOUR WIFE BACK MAN,I DONT WANT THE BITCH NO MORE, I JUST SAID I HIT IT AND I QUIT IT"!

.......LEON BLACK

"WOKA WOKA".....FOZZY BEAR & SHAKIRA