IGNORED

Body scanner - This makes me laugh

benny31

Airport worker given police warning for 'misusing' body scanner

Man, 25, issued with harassment warning after allegedly taking photo of a female colleague at Heathrow

guardian link

I hate these things. You have to take everything off - watch, wallet, rings, etc. AND everthing out of your pockets, including money, condoms, etc.

This is a real pain in the ass. I have a travel watch, and a travel belt that can pass thru the regular metal detectors with no problem. No use with the scanners.

I hate these things.  You have to take everything off - watch, wallet, rings, etc. AND everthing out of your pockets, including money, condoms, etc.

No you don't: these are used as a secondary in the UK if you fail the WTMD.  If then does the x-ray and shows them where to search.

If it prevents bombs from geting on board, they can take a pic of my wanker underneath my clothes. :Moon2:

No you don't: these are used as a secondary in the UK if you fail the WTMD.  If then does the x-ray and shows them where to search.

Dude, they are used at 50 US airports for primary screening. I do not know if the goal is to roll these out for all airports. And it is not always the whole airport. For example, San Diego has the full body scanners at gates 1/2, but regular metal detectors at all other gates.

I went thru one in Minnealopis also.

The world is not limited to Heathrow!

• 3 weeks later...