IGNORED

Air France changeover

chickenlou

Flying from Bangkok to Edinburgh via Paris and only have an hour or so changeover.

Does anyone know the quickest way to get my connection as I've heard it's a bit of a trek?

Cheers

Flying from Bangkok to Edinburgh via Paris and only have an hour or so changeover.

Does anyone know the quickest way to get my connection as I've heard it's a bit of a trek?

Cheers

:001_Thank_You5: Sorry buddy if its a bit of trek RUN .However if it is on the same satellite at COG you can have a nice stroll good luck

cheers Chris :Chokdee:

Wriggley Tin 1

Cheers

Hi

Which airport mate?

Could you give us more informations about airlines departures and arrivals?

Hi Chicken

I flew the same route in September this year.

CDG is a nightmare to negotiate Transits compared to Schiphol, & it's 9 Euros a pint if you have time, & it's smoke-free like Edinburgh.

You can read about my experience here - it's Post #35

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/63640-pattaya-trip-report-september-2010/page__view__findpost__p__988969__fromsearch__1

Please advise how you get on in your TR.

Cheers

Tony

Post #35 http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/63640-pattaya-trip-report-september-2010/page__view__findpost__p__993567

Edited by supertony

Guide for connection flights

Find all of the available public transport links

to get from one terminal to another at the same airport as well as between Paris-Charles de Gaulle and Paris-Orly

connection flights link

I can confirm CDG airport used to be pretty bad.

BTW - French workers are set to stage their second one-day general strike this month

Hope this helps

Edited by benny31

Cheers

From the UK you will normally land at 2E.

BKK normally leaves from 2F.

It is an easy walk between the two terminals, and some of 2E is connected to 2F, though probably not the gate you'll use.  You'll need to leave 2E, use the footway under the central area and pop-up again in 2F.  Check the screens when you land - there may even be a list for connecting flights in the terminal just after you come off the Jetway.

You will need to clear the passport control after you land - if you're late, or there is a huge queue, try pushing in to the fast-track channel on the left.  You will also need to do 2F security which is a PITA. Again, try pushing in to the orange lane on the left if you're in a hurry.

Pack some spare clothes in your hand luggage in case the bags don't make it!

Hi Chicken

CDG is a nightmare to negotiate Transits compared to Schiphol, & it's 9 Euros a pint if you have time, & it's smoke-free like Edinburgh.

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/63640-pattaya-trip-report-september-2010/page__view__findpost__p__988969__fromsearch__1

Cheers

Tony

Post #35 http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/63640-pattaya-trip-report-september-2010/page__view__findpost__p__993567

smoking room at all departure gate's

op easy to do as long as your not going through passport control

From the UK you will normally land at 2E.

BKK normally leaves from 2F.

It is an easy walk between the two terminals, and some of 2E is connected to 2F, though probably not the gate you'll use.  You'll need to leave 2E, use the footway under the central area and pop-up again in 2F.  Check the screens when you land - there may even be a list for connecting flights in the terminal just after you come off the Jetway.

You will need to clear the passport control after you land - if you're late, or there is a huge queue, try pushing in to the fast-track channel on the left.  You will also need to do 2F security which is a PITA. Again, try pushing in to the orange lane on the left if you're in a hurry.

Pack some spare clothes in your hand luggage in case the bags don't make it!

Cheers Sarse some good advice there

Hi Chicken

Cheers

Tony

Mate when I said I heard it was a bit of a trek I reckon I got that from reading your TR. I've only an hour 10 mins to get off the Bangkok flight and onto the Edinburgh one so I think I'll be returning without my bag as well. Thanks again