IGNORED

Pattaya Marriott Resort & Spa

Clampit

Hi all,

Can anyone give me any good/bad points with regards to the above hotel. I have heard that its not a bad place to stay?

All comments appreciated

Cheers

Maybe a great place to stay and good food. Centre of Pats.

But don't swim in the pool if you value ur health!!

May all beings be free from suffering and the causes of suffering. "Hari Om Tat Sat"

Hi all,

Can anyone give me any good/bad points with regards to the above hotel. I have heard that its not a bad place to stay?

All comments appreciated

Cheers

Bushpig,

Thanks for the tip mate, reason being?

Cheers

Bushpig,

Thanks for the tip mate, reason being?

Cheers

My forte is management of commercial swimming pools.

They are a fucking disgrace in LOS. Nobody nows how to properly balance the water chemistry here.

The Marriott included. Every other day it is milky. I have offered my assistance, but in typical Thai fashion. No go as it will cost money.

A doctor here in Pats told me 2 years ago that 80% of all the eyes, ears, nose & throat infections that he treats are from the swimming pools. Most peole go home after a holiday thinking that they got something from the food or water when a lot of the time it is from the pools.

May all beings be free from suffering and the causes of suffering. "Hari Om Tat Sat"

My forte is management of commercial swimming pools.

They are a fucking disgrace in LOS. Nobody nows how to properly balance the water chemistry here.

The Marriott included. Every other day it is milky. I have offered my assistance, but in typical Thai fashion. No go as it will cost money.

A doctor here in Pats told me 2 years ago that 80% of all the eyes, ears, nose & throat infections that he treats are from the swimming pools. Most peole go home after a holiday thinking that they got something from the food or water when a lot of the time it is from the pools.

[/quote

Bushpig,

Thanks mate for this, guess i will have to pass the time doing other things..........................LOL

Again cheers

:LMAO1:

Thanks mate for this, guess i will have to pass the time doing other things..........................LOL

Again cheers

:)

Hey you can swim, just don't duck ya scone under the water! 555

Stayed there in April. Cracking hotel but not guest friendly.

If you are bringing a guest back, do not use the main enterence, use the side enterence to the left of Burger King on

the beach road. Guard just nod's and you can bypass reception and will save you 1000bht per night. Plenty of tree's so no-one

can see you if you go through there.

Pool was ok, but I admit I had a throat infection on my return. Thought it was something else !!

That's a bit disappointing. I was thinking of staying in a 5 star hotel like the Marriott on my next visit. I have stayed in Marriott hotels in other parts of the world they have been superb.

I am suprised it is not guest friendly because I have read numerous posts where punters have taken back a BG or two without any problems.

Can anyone suggest alternatives? A 5 star hotel that is TG friendly? It will be hard since I know that the better the hotel the more unfriendly they are too overnight guests.

BUT still there has got to be a few out there right?

LIMEISTER'S PATTAYA JOURNALS

Day 1

Day 2

Day 3

Day 4

Day 5

Day 6

MySpace Countdown Clocks

babydollsaddict.gif

That's a bit disappointing. I was thinking of staying in a 5 star hotel like the Marriott on my next visit. I have stayed in Marriott hotels in other parts of the world they have been superb.

I am suprised it is not guest friendly because I have read numerous posts where punters have taken back a BG or two without any problems.

Can anyone suggest alternatives? A 5 star hotel that is TG friendly? It will be hard since I know that the better the hotel the more unfriendly they are too overnight guests.

BUT still there has got to be a few out there right?

Birds & Bees Resort aka (Cabbages & Condoms) opposite Asia hotel, fantastic!

Out of the way (sort of) but brilliant.

You will not be dissapointed.

G/M is Khun Nut

Tell him the man from WET sent you.

Cheers

I cannot agree that the Marriott hotel is not guestfriendly. I stayed 5 times at the Marriott and

I never had problems to take a lady back to my room. We came home very late and the person

at the front desk only wished us a good night. I was never asked to pay more for a LT with a lady

at my room. So I don't know what our BM is talking about.

All I can say is I had a reservation for a doubleroom (that I use as single) and thats it.

Never had a problem. I like the Marriott and have already a reservaton there for my

next stay at the end of july because everybody of the staff is very helpfull and the restaurant

has a very good buffet in the morning and in the evening.

One time at stayed at the Dusit and there was the regulation of paying for guest for about

1000 baht. F*ucking rip off. Don't get me wrong nice hotel and good food but I will not go there

anymore because of this rip off.

Pattaya: You can checkout any time you like - but you can never leave - Eagles

I can second andrea's comments about having no problems with guest. The hotel is wonderful and in a great location, if you can afford the price its a great place to stay! IMO

i stayed there last fall and loved it. great staff who knew me by name, amazing breakfast spread, no problems when bringing two girls back ;)

highly recommended

Yes. Stayed there two weeks and it was great. I may have hit it at the right time or they got a new pool guy, but it was perfect everyday. As far as bringing the LT's back, no problem. I brought a girl back at least a dozen times and never had a problem.

Will concur that Marriott in Pattaya in guest friendly. No problems bringing girl back to room. I've stayed there twice and while it is a little expensive, I think it is one of the best hotels in Pattaya.

Went to the pool most days and it was perfect.

I currently have resercations there for my next trip in September.

Highly reccomended.

• 2 weeks later...

Headed back to Patts in Sept also. What do the rooms run there? Single? Double?

Man, I miss Pattaya,

" Duct tape turns, "No...No...No..." into "Mmmm Mmmmm Mmmmm" - Anon

I'll be in PATTS next week. I've seen the hotel, but never stayed in it. But I seen women going in and out. Hell, its right on the entrance of Walking Street. Thats prime time real estate. I have reservations through Agoda. Yes, expensive! But, its vacation, why not. I tell you what, guest friendly or not, I'm going to handle my business.

Death by SNU-SNU!!!

st3_ep1_1_th.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Confirmed. I've been at the Marriot for a week and I've had no problems bringing women back. I've had several guest! The guards just smile and salute. No fees, no flak, no problems. There are 4 entrances.

Lobby

2 via the Garden Plaza Mall

From Beach Rd

The entrance from Beach Rd gets the most traffic because the Mall locks its doors. You won't use the lobby entrance to much because all the action is on Beach Rd. Well, not all the action. Breakfast is from 6-11. And it is damn good. If you exit the hotel via Beach Rd and hang a right at the corner, there is a laundry service. Much cheaper than the hotel. I paid 140B for 4 shorts, 3 shirts, 2 undershirts and 3 underpants. If you have the hotel do it, you will probably come out about 1000B. You also get them back the next day. There are plenty of restaurants around. They also have a Wine Store in the lobby. I purchased a few bottles to take back home. The gym is nice, the pool is great, and it is relatively quiet. Here's some picks, if you have anymore ?s, just post.

121933-8953.jpg

121933-8954.jpg

121933-8955.jpg

121933-8956.jpg

121933-8957.jpg

Death by SNU-SNU!!!

st3_ep1_1_th.jpg

THere usually is a way to measure a hotel's ladyguestfriendliness - they have condoms among the items on top of the minibar in the room. LOS is the first (only?) place I have encountered that. The problem ofcourse, is that you cannot know untill you're in the room. Motown man's picture from the top of the minibar in Mariot shows no sign of condoms, unless he had already used them all.

• 2 weeks later...
THere usually is a way to measure a hotel's ladyguestfriendliness - they have condoms among the items on top of the minibar in the room. LOS is the first (only?) place I have encountered that. The problem ofcourse, is that you cannot know untill you're in the room. Motown man's picture from the top of the minibar in Mariot shows no sign of condoms, unless he had already used them all.

Correct. No free rubbers at the Marriot. I guess they think if you can flip the bill for the Marriot, you can afford your own rubbers. I still like those hotels with supplies available. I wonder what goes through the mind of all the maids when they clean the room and find used rubbers, wet spots on the sheets, and empty KY bottles all over the place. :rolleyes:

Death by SNU-SNU!!!

st3_ep1_1_th.jpg

Since the hotel changed ownership to becoming the Marriot , it has become more girlfriendly. But I think BM should be aware that when they book make sure that its for two. I noticed on other boards the mention of cheap hoilday packages for this hotel where the BM had to pay a joiner fee for bring overnight guest to make up the difference .

I have stayed only at two hotels (Company contracted) Hard Rock and marriot. I did perfer the marriot alot more, better local near Walking Street. I was impressed with the beautiufl wood floors. I had no problem bring back a friend. If you plan on room service it will cost you, but it is a quality place and what the hell...live alittle.

I would NEVER stay at a Marriott because the hotels are owned by Mormons who give tons of money to the church.

So a portion of everything u spend there goes to support the Mormon cult and all it's BS.

I would NEVER stay at a Marriott because the hotels are owned by Mormons who give tons of money to the church.

So a portion of everything u spend there goes to support the Mormon cult and all it's BS.

The taxes I pay support BS! It's a never ending cycle. :10of10Score:

Death by SNU-SNU!!!

st3_ep1_1_th.jpg

I have stayed at the Marriott in the past and not had any problems with joiners fees, I booked a double room and was not on a cheap all inclusive rate so that may have made a difference. A nice hotel in a great location, but it must be said that equally nice rooms can be had in town for a much cheaper rate.

As an aside in the 80's I stayed a couple of times at the Royal Garden hotel, which used to stand where the Marriott and the Mall are now and never managed to get a joiner in without paying 500 baht, which was more than the cost of a LT in many cases in those days. So perhaps not everything in the LOS is changing for the worse.

Trotski